Food and drinks allowed in HSC exams??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Can I ask about what kind of food and drinks before HSC exam, if this is the right thread to ask in...
If so, any suggestion...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Stick to well rounded meals. Don't do things high in sugar, or which give you bursts of caffeine. You're more likely to burn out by the end of the exam.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
When I did my HSC Maths Ext. 1 exam the crunching of M&M's or other hard lollies were pretty loud.
Be considerate.

in da exams im gonna bring taboule, kebabs, hommous, kafta. n im gonna pump some lebo music n belly dance while ma friends r gonna perform da dabkeh around me. yep that shud give me about 99+
hahahahhha what the fuck

andrea22

HSC
cant u just like, write notes on ur stomach or something if u really needed to ? no sounds and they cant check o.o
would be kinda awkward tho ahah

would just like to add though, im always cramped for times in exams, always just finish about 5 mins before it finishes. going to the toilet, asking, convincing the person, reading notes, then walking back, a lot of valuable time wasted :S

Last edited:

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
But water in = water out... Do they let you go to the toilet for a 3 hour exam :S
i was told that for the first half hour your not allowed to leave your seat for any reason. not even if your gonna piss yourself, which i thought was a little unreasonable :s

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
would just like to add though, im always cramped for times in exams, always just finish about 5 mins before it finishes. going to the toilet, asking, convincing the person, reading notes, then walking back, a lot of valuable time wasted :S</SPAN>
Yeah, your better off checking over your work in that time.

Easier way to have notes:
Learn as much as possible in your short term memory before walking in. Then write it casually on your desk before the reading time. Acronyms are better than words, because it looks less like cheating.

NB: Don't do the above. :D

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
You can bring sweets. As long as they don't make a huge sound when unwrapping. And make sure the sweets you bring dont disturb others when you chew it. No chewing gum is permitted. The sweets must also be in a clear wrapper/container and visible from the outside so the examiners can check. I was told a roll of Lifesavers work =/
HSC rules state that you must not eat in the examination room except as approved by the presiding officer, eg for diabetic students. Small sweets may be tolerated, but make sure you check first.

See page 15 of http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc-rules-procedures-09.pdf

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can't leave an exam in the first hour or the last 15 minutes.

Latecomers can come up to an hour after the start of the exam with no explanation (they usually don't get the full time unless there is a justified excuse).

The teachers don't get to see the paper in that first hour either so that they can't get to a latecomer and tell them the answers.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
The teachers don't get to see the paper in that first hour either so that they can't get to a latecomer and tell them the answers.
Interesting, I was told that it was after 30 minutes that teachers could come to the exam room view the paper.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Interesting, I was told that it was after 30 minutes that teachers could come to the exam room view the paper.
We aren't allowed to enter the exam room at all.

Principals are allowed in on the first morning of the exams to say something in general (that would be the first English exam when everyone is present) but teachers aren't allowed in - certainly not during the exams at all.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
We aren't allowed to enter the exam room at all.
Eh? I recall distinctly that our exam coordinator said that teachers are allowed to see the paper after the first 30 minutes of commencement.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Eh? I recall distinctly that our exam coordinator said that teachers are allowed to see the paper after the first 30 minutes of commencement.
They can bring the paper to us an hour after the start of the exam.

We can't go into the exam room to get it. I have stood just outside the door at the hour mark and been handed it but definitely no earlier, in case there is a late student who enters late. As they can enter up to an hour no paper can leave the exam room until the entry time for students has expired.

MzBiiBii

HSC
I know this is under wrong thread, but are we allowed to bring stop watches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)