Football - Summer Transfers (2 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
i dont think anyone rolls with a 3 man backline in the epl anymore do they.

Seems like suicide against teams which have wingbacks like Bosingwa or Evra, theyll just be raped on the wings.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
lol 3 at the back is possible but only if you have 2 aforementioned wingbacks like bosingwa/evra

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
5-3-2 maybe? But even then I can't name a team that plays it up the top of my head.
No team has two brilliant wingbacks to compensate for lack of wingers.

And anyway having to play 3 central defenders seems like a waste of "football resources". A lot more coordination to be done with the offside trap and all that. Maybe excellent defensive-wise, but I don't think you could get a lot of goals with that.

City fans would howl if they signed so many strikers and they played a 5-3-2 haha

Charizard

HSC
i know it's too much to ask for after we got newcastle relegated last season but lol if city went down.

Won't happen, but a boy can dream.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
i know it's too much to ask for after we got newcastle relegated last season but lol if city went down.

Won't happen, but a boy can dream.
Now that would be epic epic fail.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
adebayor move is great for both parties.

adebayor is a good striker and i wouldn't doubt him being a stand out at citeh.
on the field he has all the attributes to be superstar. that being said, his last season was determined by off-the-field issues i.e pounds, fans, beyonce etc.

hughes will probably play a 4-3-3, similar to last season, but with different players.

Charizard

HSC
Adebayor is lazy and is always offside. Take away his athletic ability and he's just Bendtner.

That said, he's still probably better then Santa Cruz, who only ever seems to score with his head.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
looks like santa cruz would be warming the bench for the majority of the season..

AND this is excellent. the idiot deserves it, he was great at Blackburn, he'll join possibly Zabaleta, Bellamy, Petrov and Elano on the Very "warm" Mark Hughes Bench!

WOOT! as long as city finish below 10th, IM PROUD! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Adebayor is lazy and is always offside. Take away his athletic ability and he's just Bendtner.

That said, he's still probably better then Santa Cruz, who only ever seems to score with his head.

YEH, Santa Cruz was never good...look at his history, used to be a munich striker but like 4th-5th choice. he's paraguayian which probably gives him so many goals, if he wasnt from south america, he'd be a flop.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
I think Real Madrid will win something Big next season. Their spending will be justified.

I am doubtful City will win anything
Hmm..Dont know bout "all" of real madrid's signings, Ronaldo's price was 15 mil too much.

BUT if Higuain + Benzema form a goal-scoring partnership, backed up by Sneijder, Ronaldo, Robben and Kaka, they might just OWN barcelona (im not a real madrid fan at all)

+1 for the citey comment, OH YEA. :bomb::bomb:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
5-3-2 maybe? But even then I can't name a team that plays it up the top of my head.
No team has two brilliant wingbacks to compensate for lack of wingers.

And anyway having to play 3 central defenders seems like a waste of "football resources". A lot more coordination to be done with the offside trap and all that. Maybe excellent defensive-wise, but I don't think you could get a lot of goals with that.

City fans would howl if they signed so many strikers and they played a 5-3-2 haha
yeh, but City need a defender really quickly as Dunne has the record for most- own goals from this club, plus Ben-Haim is nothing. City's wingbacks can be killer as well, but i see what u mean bout 3 defenders. :haha::haha:

louy

HSC
N/A
Hmm..Dont know bout "all" of real madrid's signings, Ronaldo's price was 15 mil too much.

BUT if Higuain + Benzema form a goal-scoring partnership, backed up by Sneijder, Ronaldo, Robben and Kaka, they might just OWN barcelona (im not a real madrid fan at all)

+1 for the citey comment, OH YEA. :bomb::bomb:

Real Madrid and their Multi Million signing only managed to beat the Irish part-timers Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 yesterday.

Sign of things to come ?

Silent04

HSC
Real Madrid and their Multi Million signing only managed to beat the Irish part-timers Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 yesterday.

Sign of things to come ?

Share you thoughts actually. When they signed Kaka, Benzema and Ronaldo I thought they were going to win everything next season. However, I saw that 1-0, and it wasn't convincing at all. Ronaldo was hardly there. But these are pre-season frendlies for a reason, hardly any time to get team chemisty up, but only 1-0? I think Ronaldo will be a shadow of the player he was at Utd, Kaka will still be mediocre, like he was for Milanl; brilliant one game, not so the next. However, I do see Benzema as a good signing. Very young and a quality finisher, I think he will flourish at Madrid.

I reckon Arsenal could we be the dark horse of the EPL, they really do have a great team materializing. Tomas Rosicky is back, and it'll be interesting to see if he can reach the heights he was when he got injured.

Almunia

Sagna
Gallas
Vermaelen
Clichy

Walcott
Nasri (even though he's injured)
Fab
Arsh/Rosicky

Eduardo/Bendtner
Van Persie

That's a pretty solid squad, and they had one of the longest undefeated runs last season without the likes of Fabregas, Ade, Clichy, Walcott and Arsh only came mid-way.

Ade's departure isn't to critical. He didn't really want to be there, and the fans had lost patience with him. With Eduardo and Bendtner fit, and players like Arsh, Nasri and co. able to play up front, don't think it's that necessary wasting 10m on a player like Chamakh. A solid, tough tackling, workhorse, defensive midfielder is what they need. If Arsene manages to get a quality one before the new season, they should have no reason not to challenege for honours, I feel.

But I do hope (like most it seems) City get destroyed. It seems inevitable that they will, but hopefully they keep buying strikers and end up playing Santa at centre half.

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Arsene thinks his squad, or at least his strikers are fine, so no more signings in that department.

I don't think Arsenal have got what it takes for the championship. Gallas and Vermaelan both aren't really top quality. Good yes, top no. Walcott can't be trusted to play consistently throughout the season. Bendtner is on his last season if he doesn't improve.

And anyway, that's their first team. They've got no quality depth.

On Madrid, one shouldn't look too much into a friendly score. Yeah, 1-0. But it's about fitness and team chemistry anyway. Lookin' at the new arrivals, it'll take at least one season before their team clicks. If you look at Barça, they've basically just swapped Eto'o for Ibrahimovic and shipped out Hleb. The core didn't change. You win trophies like that.

Charizard

HSC
wouldnt be surprised if the Arse finish out of the top 4 to be honest.

No depth, and even their best 11 is pretty average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)