Football - Summer Transfers (2 Viewers)

Charizard

HSC
Ibra goes missing in big games, berbatov goes missing every game for manchester.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Share you thoughts actually. When they signed Kaka, Benzema and Ronaldo I thought they were going to win everything next season. However, I saw that 1-0, and it wasn't convincing at all. Ronaldo was hardly there. But these are pre-season frendlies for a reason, hardly any time to get team chemisty up, but only 1-0? I think Ronaldo will be a shadow of the player he was at Utd, Kaka will still be mediocre, like he was for Milanl; brilliant one game, not so the next. However, I do see Benzema as a good signing. Very young and a quality finisher, I think he will flourish at Madrid.

I reckon Arsenal could we be the dark horse of the EPL, they really do have a great team materializing. Tomas Rosicky is back, and it'll be interesting to see if he can reach the heights he was when he got injured.

Almunia

Sagna
Gallas
Vermaelen
Clichy

Walcott
Nasri (even though he's injured)
Fab
Arsh/Rosicky

Eduardo/Bendtner
Van Persie

That's a pretty solid squad, and they had one of the longest undefeated runs last season without the likes of Fabregas, Ade, Clichy, Walcott and Arsh only came mid-way.

Ade's departure isn't to critical. He didn't really want to be there, and the fans had lost patience with him. With Eduardo and Bendtner fit, and players like Arsh, Nasri and co. able to play up front, don't think it's that necessary wasting 10m on a player like Chamakh. A solid, tough tackling, workhorse, defensive midfielder is what they need. If Arsene manages to get a quality one before the new season, they should have no reason not to challenege for honours, I feel.

But I do hope (like most it seems) City get destroyed. It seems inevitable that they will, but hopefully they keep buying strikers and end up playing Santa at centre half.

Arsenal should buy up M.Diarra and one talented young striker..though i hope they finish 4th or lower this season, that'll show wenger that he cant keep saving money in the epl.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
ibrahimovic is overated
eto alone >>>> ibrahimovic
dunno y they are paying 30 million+eto + hleb on loan for ibrahimovic

btw berbatov is rubbish

this is so true! its funny how Hleb was a revelation at Arsenal, and later he follows Henry and he warms the Barca Bench, and NOW, he will be warming the Inter Bench as Mourinho doesnt need another attacking player. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

louy

HSC
N/A
think probably Aston Villa or Everton will replace Arsnal in top 4 rather than Man City.

Doesnt matter who City sign. Its how they play and gel together. Villa and Everton have great proven abd stable leadership in there manager and set up and threatened the big 4 for a while now

Roy9

HSC
Eto'o only had 1 year left on his contract.... that's why his value was down. But yeah, I don't think Ibra is worth what he cost though. Having said that I am a massive Ibra fan and I can't wait to see him line up for Barcelona

@Louy: I can't really see Villa challenging for the top 4 seeing as they lost two of their best players (Laursen and Barry) and have only so far brought in Downing (lol)... I think Everton will only be able to get 5th place max but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm predicting:

Chelsea
Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton
City

Silent04

HSC
Arsenal should buy up M.Diarra and one talented young striker..though i hope they finish 4th or lower this season, that'll show wenger that he cant keep saving money in the epl.
Do you really think it solely Wenger's idea to bring up youth? I mean since Thierry left, the only real noticable signings have been Eduardo (8m), Nasri (13m), Arsh (15m+bonuses) and Vermaelen (10m+bonuses). Total of about 46m, round up to about 55-60m on other 'minor' signings.

Meanwhile, we've seen the likes of Henry (24m), Hleb (17m), Flamini (Free), Gilberto (1m) and Adebayor (25m) all leave. Thats a total of 67m just from those transfers alone, not to mention other 'minor' deals, or any I've missed.

Put that together with the amazing revenue they get from ticket fees, sponsors etc, and there really should be more money available. But Wenger seems strict to maintain 'his' youth policy.

I think there are serious problems within the board, it cannot be all Wenger's fault. Sure they've got the stadium debt and wages to pay, but most of the other big clubs do to.

However in saying that, Arsenal has never been a big spending team. Even in their invincibles period, the likes of Viera, Henry and many others had never been heard of. But in these times, depth is everything, so you need to spend if you want to contend.

Not so sure Wenger is the primary reason behind Arsenal's lack of spending though.

Last edited:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you really think it solely Wenger's idea to bring up youth? I mean since Thierry left, the only real noticable signings have been Eduardo (8m), Nasri (13m), Arsh (15m+bonuses) and Vermaelen (10m+bonuses). Total of about 46m, round up to about 55-60m on other 'minor' signings.

Meanwhile, we've seen the likes of Henry (24m), Hleb (17m), Flamini (Free), Gilberto (1m) and Adebayor (25m) all leave. Thats a total of 67m just from those transfers alone, not to mention other 'minor' deals, or any I've missed.

Put that together with the amazing revenue they get from ticket fees, sponsors etc, and there really should be more money available. But Wenger seems strict to maintain 'his' youth policy.

I think there are serious problems within the board, it cannot be all Wenger's fault. Sure they've got the stadium debt and wages to pay, but most of the other big clubs do to.

However in saying that, Arsenal has never been a big spending team. Even in their invincibles period, the likes of Viera, Henry and many others had never been heard of. But in these times, depth is everything, so you need to spend if you want to contend.

Not so sure Wenger is the primary reason behind Arsenal's lack of spending though.
Yeh, ur right, its not only Wenger BUT one of the major stakeholders in Usmanov (billionaire) offered Arsenal's board approx. 60 mil to spend this window, and they rejected it. The Emirates Stadium is probably being paid off with all the extra revenue...but srsly you need to buy some players, as i dont see any squad depth, especially if Nasri gets injured, and Cesc is injured, do u REALLY believe that A.Song or P. Denilson will be able to cover??

Gibbs + Wilshere are excellent from the youth academy but they have to be backed up, there still school kids.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
think probably Aston Villa or Everton will replace Arsnal in top 4 rather than Man City.

Doesnt matter who City sign. Its how they play and gel together. Villa and Everton have great proven and stable leadership in there manager and set up and threatened the big 4 for a while now

+ 1, im not a fan of City, Tottenham or Arsenal really....

Yeh, someone tell Hughes that City is not Blackburn, and that all teams require chemistry, not just world-class strikers and midfielders!

Look at Chelsea, Liverpool, United lineups..

For Chelsea, there is(main players who have been here for a few seasons):

Cech Then Terry, Carvalho, Cole, J. Cole, Drogba....Anelka (as of now)

For Liverpool: Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Hyppia (now at Leverkusen)

For United: V. Der Sar, Ferdinand, Neville, Ronaldo (not anymore), Ji-sung Park, Rooney

See, if these players werent there, would any of these teams be in the top 4??

Srsly, Tosic, Nani, Riera, N'gog (load of shit), Di Santo, Kusczak?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
new season, same rubbish.

first it was spurs, followed by everton, then spurs again, then man city, then aston villa/everton and now man city once more.

don't you guys get tired of being proven retarded by arsene wenger, season after season?

Charizard

HSC
new season, same rubbish.

first it was spurs, followed by everton, then spurs again, then man city, then aston villa/everton and now man city once more.

don't you guys get tired of being proven retarded by arsene wenger, season after season?
Not as tired as you must be of finishing 4th every season lol.

HSC
this is so true! its funny how Hleb was a revelation at Arsenal, and later he follows Henry and he warms the Barca Bench, and NOW, he will be warming the Inter Bench as Mourinho doesnt need another attacking player. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
...mourinho DOES need another attacking player.

ibra was their only creative outlet last season and he's gone: that's the main problem with inter... a lack of creativity.

ffs, did you even see them play last season?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
...mourinho DOES need another attacking player.

ibra was their only creative outlet last season and he's gone: that's the main problem with inter... a lack of creativity.

ffs, did you even see them play last season?
EXcuse me, Groucho marxist, but i doubt u watched any of Inter's serie A winning games last season.

Inter's Squad is hectic, and Mourinho has so much youth at his disposal (of very high quality). Man, if you were a real soccer fan, u wouldnt be debating this topic.

Plus, even if Mourinho wanted an attacking player, 28 yr old Hleb will be a FLOP! He should go and buy Kwado Amoah (not sure of exact name) from a Udinese, as that kid is only 20, yet he is showing the skill of Michael Essien + Muntari + Jay Jay Okocha in one!

Without Ibra, Inter will still win the Serie A, Juventus will come second. Milan will just rebuild for the next 3 seasons.

Finally, Where was Ibra against the TOP teams in Europe? why cant inter make it past the quarters of the UCL?? HUH? its because ibra may be a legend but he is NOT a big game player. end of story.

Balotelli + Diego Milito = pwnage of all serie a teams. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
guiza --> lyon
k. toure --> man city?
LOL, man, u know alot about transfers, i like it

but i doubt Guiza is moving to Lyon, they just shelled out 39 mil for Lopez + Cissokho.

plus, they dont need strikers at da moment, not old ones anyway. :)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
EXcuse me, Groucho marxist, but i doubt u watched any of Inter's serie A winning games last season.

Inter's Squad is hectic, and Mourinho has so much youth at his disposal (of very high quality). Man, if you were a real soccer fan, u wouldnt be debating this topic.

Plus, even if Mourinho wanted an attacking player, 28 yr old Hleb will be a FLOP! He should go and buy Kwado Amoah (not sure of exact name) from a Udinese, as that kid is only 20, yet he is showing the skill of Michael Essien + Muntari + Jay Jay Okocha in one!

Without Ibra, Inter will still win the Serie A, Juventus will come second. Milan will just rebuild for the next 3 seasons.

Finally, Where was Ibra against the TOP teams in Europe? why cant inter make it past the quarters of the UCL?? HUH? its because ibra may be a legend but he is NOT a big game player. end of story.

Balotelli + Diego Milito = pwnage of all serie a teams. :headbang::headbang::headbang:
hows football manager going bro?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)