Forbidden love (1 Viewer)

assiduous

HSC
i dunno, if i ever had a hot cousin i might think otherwise.
If you did, you'd probably find it easier to understand my situation. So just out of curiosity would your parents be tolerant of such a relationship between you and a cousin?

assiduous

HSC
yes they would, because islam allows marriage between cousins.
Oh right. I'm assuming your parents would also encourage you to go out with your cousin. Would this assumption be true for most Muslim families?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
not necessarily.

the stereotypical muslim family would choose a wife for their son, or something, i think.

my parents are very relaxed and modern, they wont suggest anything (plus all my cousins live in pakistan or denmark, and they know my views on cousin marriage). I will chose my own wife, and she might be muslim, or christian, or jew, or athiest, or agnostic, or satanic, or white, or black, or asian, or whatever :)

assiduous

HSC
not necessarily.

the stereotypical muslim family would choose a wife for their son, or something, i think.

my parents are very relaxed and modern, they wont suggest anything (plus all my cousins live in pakistan or denmark, and they know my views on cousin marriage). I will chose my own wife, and she might be muslim, or christian, or jew, or athiest, or agnostic, or satanic, or white, or black, or asian, or whatever :)
Oh.
Choosing a wife for their sons? Arranged marriages?

So you'll be choosing your wife based on her qualities without any prejudice/bias in mind. Well aren't you an open person. :)

About a week ago, we sat next to each other at a family outing to a restaurant. Yes, i tickled him in front of his parents and we walked together to grab our bites.
So if you were in my shoes what would you do?

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Have you known him since you were little, though?

I really hate it when people have celebrities as their facebook profile pictures. How sad.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I will chose my own wife, and she might be muslim, or christian, or jew, or athiest, or agnostic, or satanic, or white, or black, or asian, or whatever :)
omie is actually dating a Wiccan

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hahaha! though i wouldnt mind going out with a goth chick :shy:

I really hate it when people have celebrities as their facebook profile pictures. How sad.
lol, what's that got to do with anything?

assiduous

HSC

As a matter of fact i have.

Yeah, i don't like it too.

assiduous

HSC

Is there anything wrong with knowing him since i was little?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if your parents or your cousins parents dont have any major objections, then screw what society says and go for it.
(i wonder if he feels the same way towards you... it'd be kinda awkward if he didnt..)

if they do object, then probably dont go for it.

Jaylee42003

HSC
Well, I have news for you. Einstein married his cousin and since Einstein was the smartest person who ever lived, then you can also be the smartest person in Australia.

If you marry your cousin, you're not setting a bad example for society, you're setting a good example for Tasmanian's who can now look further down the family tree, further away from brother and/or sister.
I'd agree with you but - and there's a big but - Einstein was a genius, am-i-right? A genius in a number of fields, HOWEVER, just because he was smart academically DOES NOT mean that his common sense was up to scratch.

Almost every genius I have heard of, was incredible in their field of knowledge and pursuit, however totally wacky in every day life. For example, Van Gough. He chopped off his ear. Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Shakespeare. Were possibly gay/bisexuals - something that was very uncommon, taboo and frowned upon in their times. Hitler. He was incredibly gifted in influencing and manipulating people, yet he mass murdered races, and had an incestuous relationship with his cousin. Howard Hughes. Had eccentric behaviours and suffered from OCD. And in this case, Einstein. He married his cousin.

As they say there is a fine line between genius and insanity. So, OP, I probably wouldn't be looking to Einstein for moral and ethical guidance on this matter.

Reckoner

HSC
I like my cousin very much and i find myself thinking about him a lot. I know that we are cousins and nothing can happen between us. This doesn't stop me talking to him, spending time with him alone.

He is always nice to me, a shoulder to cry on, to laugh with and enjoy time together.
We know a lot about each other. I know he has a crush on one of his friends but his friend recently rejected him and ended their friendship. I comforted him after that and we have been spending even MORE time together.

I know this is so wrong but i can't help it. Some days i can't go to sleep without thinking about him.

Anyone else ever felt attracted to their cousin/s and/or liked their cousin beyond 'cousinly' love? :)
What should i do? Do i tell him? Give him signs? What? Maybe i should just do nothing. hmm

This is disgusting. Incestuous.

You need to get out more.

Maybe watch Twilight or something.

Or develop some fanboi appreciation for what's his name ... the zac effron or something ...

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/57/37/zac-efron-nude_304x484.0.0.0x0.304x484.jpeg

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL @ this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)