Forced Abortion (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
A society lacks solid foundations when, on the one hand, it asserts values such as dignity/freedom of the person, justice and peace, but then, on the other hand, radically acts to the contrary by allowing or tolerating a variety of ways in which human life is devalued and violated, especially where it is weak or marginalized. Such a selfish and inward-looking, anti-birth society will soon fall.

Sprangler

HSC
a society lacks solid foundations when, on the one hand, it asserts values such as dignity/freedom of the person, justice and peace, but then, on the other hand, radically acts to the contrary by allowing or tolerating a variety of ways in which human life is devalued and violated, especially where it is weak or marginalized. Such a selfish and inward-looking, anti-birth society will soon fall.

derp!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Go derp yourself and your understanding of biology. Pretending that a fertilized egg will not eventually become an independent human like yourself through the natural order is not a convincing argument. That's like saying that we can kill Japanese because they look different, or execute homeless people because they smell

Sprangler

HSC
Go derp yourself and your understanding of biology. Pretending that a fertilized egg will not eventually become an independent human like yourself through the natural order is not a convincing argument. That's like saying that we can kill Japanese because they look different, or execute homeless people because they smell

Why does "what it will eventually become" matter?

And lmao @ the hardly-similar comparisons. I don't believe we should execute homeless people because they smell, I believe they should be executed if they have proven time and time again to be a burden on the state.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

And lmao @ the hardly-similar comparisons. I don't believe we should execute homeless people because they smell, I believe they should be executed if they have proven time and time again to be a burden on the state.
Yeah, right, a financial burden on the state and not an end in themselves with dignity, worthy of love etc. At least your consistent, satan...

On an unrelated matter:
[youtube]QKWI41G8h_A[/youtube]

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
can you stop multiquoting please? it's very frustrating when i present my arguments in flowing sentence form, to have them argued in this manner. it is fallacious. i'm not talking to you until you engage with me as a proper adult, sir!

You make multiple and distinct points from sentence to sentence so I consider it fallacious not to adress them as such.

It's not like I'm purposely taking parts of it out of context and then saying "haha look you're an idiot".

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
A society lacks solid foundations when, on the one hand, it asserts values such as dignity/freedom of the person, justice and peace, but then, on the other hand, radically acts to the contrary by allowing or tolerating a variety of ways in which human life is devalued and violated, especially where it is weak or marginalized. Such a selfish and inward-looking, anti-birth society will soon fall.
Stop blaming society.

Joel8945

HSC
No, dickhead, it is not necessary to "eat life" to maintain our own life. Meat is not necessary for survival or good health. Unless you define life broadly enough to cover vegetables.

And there is no longer a biological imperative to ensure that every pregnancy is successful. There are six billion people on the planet, ffs, we're not cavemen anymore.
You must admit that life for vegans is boring though!

Joel8945

HSC
Should we allow others to engage in whatever behaviour suits them so long as it doesn't threaten our individual survival? I think that would be reasonable in an ideal world. We don't live in an ideal world though. We don't permit mother X to kill child X. Why is this? We believe that it is inherently wrong. We believe it to be inherently wrong not because of what that spacktard Nietzsche said, but because it is engrained within our psychology! Humans are programmed not to kill - it is our instinct not to kill, and when we find out that killing has occured we have a visceral response in our disapproval of it. It is not because of God and society that we reject murder, killing, and rape, it is because we believe it to be a threat to the survival of our species. Why else? Cuz? No, it is because it is our biological duty to ensure that this does not occur. This is why laws and so on have been formed on the basis of "murder is wrong".

Most of us do not kill. It is a behaviour that the majority have deemed wrong. There are people out there that are, for the lack of a better word, social retards. They kill people, and so we lock them in prison. Rightly so! The same applies with abortion. There are females out there that have an ill formed psychology, and who believe that it is acceptable to abort their children - to kill their offspring. These 'social retards', like murderers, need to be stopped. We have established that killing is wrong, and why this is so. Why is abortion a unique example then? It is killing, is it not? I think the answer is yes.

Killing is wrong. Abortion is killing. I do not believe in abortion.

In the case of a raped woman, the woman needs to deal with it. Something bad happened to her. This is unfortunate but it is not a reason to kill the baby formed in a rape. There is nothing wrong with the baby, and there is no reason to terminate the life of this baby simply because it was conceived via ill means. Life >>> omg i mite have a bastard child! :(

In the case of a mother threatened by the birth of a child, then I would be pro-abortion only if the mother had a greater ability to provide further life than the baby.
Ok so let's get this straight:

- You are going to say to raped women deal with it?

- Your beliefs go to the point that people that abort are psychologically deficient?

- Human's don't have the instinct to kill, yet, in a time of war we could kill thousands like that!

Ok you should first off go to women who have been raped and tell them to deal with that. Tell people who abort that they suffer a mental retardation and tell the people who have survived wars that humans do NOT kill. Could you really look at the global population and deny them the right of aborting? Could you tell EVERY woman what to do with their body?

Joel8945

HSC
Ok I think everyone has come to the agreement that abortion is not murder and that activists against it are mentally retarded!

Well thats what the posts have said! This is clearly an unbiased view!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

Whoa, step back. Did anyone else read this? I'm not very good at sensing internet-sarcasm... but I hope that this is it.

HSC
N/A
A little mushy jellyfish is not a human, the fact that this thing exists doesn't give it a right to be born. Cells do not have rights.
Oh piss off. You're a cow amongst cattle. A jellyfish cell is not human life. A human embryo is human life, since it is the entity that gives rise to consciousness, feeling, love and hatred. A human arm is not capable of this, and hence it may be amputated. We may not amputate the head or heart since these contain the entity of life.

My thoughts on this matter are well thought and and won't be brought down by a bug like yourself.

Joel: I don't understand a thing you just said. What I did understand was some claptrap about telling the stuff I said to women. There are plenty of women on this forum, and I have made my views public. All the others points you raised seemed to have been covered in my original post.

Sylvester: Fine, except you didn't take my key points out of context, you rather confronted the minor ones. Whatever let's go...

Technically can live off of vegetables and the such.
Whatever dude who gives a shit. You can't confront my beliefs on abortion by appealing to some horseshit about animal rights since I've said three times now that human life is what is to be valued.

And in cases of rape, it tends to be a kind of morning after pill type thing, so the "baby" is nothing more than a hundred or so cells. Surely you can't be stronlgy opposed to this sort of abortion.
Surely you can't draw some kind of arbitrary line in the sand!

Man come on, how would you like to spend nine months carrying the child of a monster, spending nine months of constantly being reminded of what is likely the most traumatic event of your life?
An appeal to emotion? You can do better, comrade! I don't care what the woman feels like. She ought to learn to deal with it. HUMAN LIFE >> WOMANS FEELINGS

A fetus conceived through rape is no different to a fetus conceived consensually.

Why doesn't all of what you just said apply to it then?

Clarify plz.
If the mother will die giving birth to the child, then...

Sprangler

HSC
Oh piss off. You're a cow amongst cattle. A jellyfish cell is not human life. A human embryo is human life, since it is the entity that gives rise to consciousness, feeling, love and hatred. A human arm is not capable of this, and hence it may be amputated. We may not amputate the head or heart since these contain the entity of life.
This means nothing. What is so sacred or special about human life? It's easy to create and even easier to take away. There are some lives - in which it would be better for everyone else if it were taken away. Serial killers, terrorists and pedophiles to name a few. This embryo, does not deserve a place on earth, just because the parents know how to have sex.

An appeal to emotion? You can do better, comrade! I don't care what the woman feels like. She ought to learn to deal with it. HUMAN LIFE >> WOMANS FEELINGS

If the mother will die giving birth to the child, then...

WOMANS FEELINGS, ESPECIALLY THE MOTHERS >> MUSHY LITTLE BARELY DEVELOPED PARASITE.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I was talking about the one specific case of rape. Of course the woman's feelings are not relevant in all situations.

No I meant the bold part ie. Refering to what pro-lifers believe to be 'a sacred, precious, beautiful human life' as a 'MUSHY LITTLE BARELY DEVELOPED PARASITE.'

I'm guessing that it's not going to go down to well with them and instead of persuading them you'll have only made them more certain of their own position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)