formal dress - where? (1 Viewer)

brookeemma

HSC
if youre travelling anywhere anytime before the formal, look for a dress there.

i bought my year 10 formal dress in paris

and i guaruntee... nobody had the same dress as me :D

it was even the last one on the rack in the shop. amazing. loved it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Smik in Windsor has some really nice things. If you live in the area it's worth a look (but I suppose everyone else will look there too).

Be careful of local shopping centres, because that's where everyone else is going.

sasa-o8

HSC
I saw a really gorgeous dress at Seduce today and am thinking about getting it for my formal, but want to look around first. I figured, even if you buy your dress from shops like Myer, DJs, Seduce, Sheike and wherever else you buy it, if you buy it months before the formal, you'll have a less chance of bumping into someone wearing the same dress as chances are most people buy their clothes just a few weeks before the formal :D

Jess007

HSC
yeh shopping a few months before is good and bad. what happens if u think this is the 'right' dress and then you go shopping with your friends andsee a dress that out does the other one....

Nuttaiish

HSC
i have just recently start searching for my year 12 formal dress and couldn't really find any that i like or suits my taste/personality. i've been to Macquaire and Parramatta Westifield but i really can't find anything. i am thinking of a cocktail dresses cause long dresses is harder to find and it might not fit me(cause i'm skinny), Strap dresses(i had disaster in the past that is total embarrassing and i cannot let it down). Does anyone knows where i can find some really nice dresses that can really FITS me perfectly without any accidents or making myself a completely idiot at the formal? Some place that is within Sydney.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Have you tried Ebay? There is a very good seller, her id is eliza_veta2, she has a shop as well can't remember the name though- something Boutique anyway she sells top quality branded dresses and has very formal ones too from time to time at very affordable prices (under 250 definately). Check it out :)

girloflowers

HSC
Barbarella vintage in newtown is el fabuloso, and also oxford street in paddington.

aimhigh10

HSC
hmm
chic collections
theres one at bondi junction and chatswood

dresses are around $400 but they are really worth it

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
katykins said:
umm i got mine from rochic in bondi westfields..
very nice dresses there but a tad expensive.
i was going to get mine made; i wanted the dress from how to lose a guy in 10 days but then i thought meh ill just shop and i found the exact dress ready made in this shop. <3

2 yrs later, and it was still a good decision.
my dress was completely different from everyone elses- and in a movie :)

Skeeta

HSC
scarybunny said:
Smik in Windsor has some really nice things. If you live in the area it's worth a look (but I suppose everyone else will look there too).

Be careful of local shopping centres, because that's where everyone else is going.
yeah thats where I got my dress from actually. Theres one at rouse hill and one in dural or something as well.

merlia

HSC
wow i love all of these ideas and i think i might try these out for myself

tania O

HSC
Re: where to find formal dresses?

downward_spiral said:
hey i was wondering if anyone knew any good places in sydney to find formal wear... everything that i've seen so far is the conventional long flowy dresses or the typical strapless top and long skirt...i'd really like to wear something a bit different...and if anyone knows any outlet places that would be great too

FOREVER NEW, that's were i got my formal dress try that place they got nice dress!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)