Formal (1 Viewer)

Morgues

Originally posted by saladsugery

i'll admit that girls have a harder ob, but we still need to look for a decent suit --if everyone comes in the same ole black-and-white-boring-tie job then it'll suck. i need something interesting.
just wear your birthday suit

roo

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery

i'll admit that girls have a harder ob, but we still need to look for a decent suit --if everyone comes in the same ole black-and-white-boring-tie job then it'll suck. i need something interesting.
interesting? like what?? making sure ur wearing a vest/tie/whatever the same colour as the girl's dress maybe..? :p

yaah, birthday suit would be something very interesting lol

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo
interesting? like what?? making sure ur wearing a vest/tie/whatever the same colour as the girl's dress maybe..? :p
no, something like a world war 2 army dress suit, or an all green suit, or something with a top hat, walking stik and tails :rolleyes:... something not typically suit-ish.

bex

HSC
ours is on the 24th November at Pier One, which is just under the harbour bridge... I have NO IDEA about my dress, shoes, or even partner! argh!!!!! im sposed to be on the formal committee... hahaha what a joke! i had to ask someone else when the formal was!

btw... whats MCA??

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
ours is on da 14th Nov..

i haven't got anything yet either!!!~~

sif not 99

The MCA is the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay, I'm the one who came up with having the formal there but some ppl were too cheap =( bloody committee all wanting to have it at freakin Curzon Hall instead of the city, at least there were 2 committee ppl that made a stand, not u Doylie BOOOOO, bring my mathomat on monday btw dude,

yeah ours is at Curzon Hall in Marsfield, just in the middle of nowhere grrrrrrrr, i want city!!! not urban wasteland,

neways for other ppl who are having a formal in the middle of nowhere I suggest finding a gal who is having her formal in the city, youl get to go for free after all :p or well u wont have to pay for the ticket,

well i get my bogan outa the middle of nowhere formal plus a classy city 1 2 so its all good I spose

roo

HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
The MCA is the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay, I'm the one who came up with having the formal there but some ppl were too cheap =( bloody committee all wanting to have it at freakin Curzon Hall instead of the city, at least there were 2 committee ppl that made a stand, not u Doylie BOOOOO, bring my mathomat on monday btw dude,

yeah ours is at Curzon Hall in Marsfield, just in the middle of nowhere grrrrrrrr, i want city!!! not urban wasteland,

neways for other ppl who are having a formal in the middle of nowhere I suggest finding a gal who is having her formal in the city, youl get to go for free after all :p or well u wont have to pay for the ticket,

well i get my bogan outa the middle of nowhere formal plus a classy city 1 2 so its all good I spose
Marsfield!? that's fricken woop woop to have a formal at.. surely there is a place in the city that isn't too expensive.. our one is just under $100 in the city. :)

where's ur 'classy city' one at? lol

Lee

Originally posted by bex
ours is on the 24th November at Pier One, which is just under the harbour bridge... I have NO IDEA about my dress, shoes, or even partner! argh!!!!! im sposed to be on the formal committee... hahaha what a joke! i had to ask someone else when the formal was!

btw... whats MCA??

we had it there in yr 10, was ok, but very squishy....very very very squishy. but there were two rooms so you may be the better one...

and i'm guessing sif's classy one will be at my formal - i guess he wiould go with his gf, who goes to my school. o forget where we are having it though - it's been so hard getting it all set up - it's still not done properly!. i think it may be at stamford plaza or something.........all i know is that as yet we don't have an afters to go to :(

esther

HSC
my formals at the ANA hotel on the rocks.... on the 25th nov.... i cant wait but we're still short of numbers.... i still hab to get a dres... im hoping il lose weight coz of stress but it aint workin rite now.... im eating so much and i dun exercise... i sit and study... well thats wot i say anyway yeah ive seen the place its realli cool...

we went to pier one for our yr10 formal.... i didnt like it coz we got the shit hall but the view is great though... the food was yucky... i didnt like it....
i so cant wait til the formal.... i think our after party got cancelled coz we didnt hab enough ppl so we gotta find somewhere else

MasterBae

James Ruse's formal is at the school hall! Nah that was year 10, how dodgy was it...apart from the fact that we couldn't take anyone from outside the school....i'd already asked someone, but then f@!^ing quinners said we couldn't :mad: lol and in the formal photos, u can see the basketball rings in the b/g....*shudder*....and i won't even mention the food.

ummm our yr.12 one is at The Four Points Sheraton on 21st November... which is weird, cos i'm going to the north sydney girls formal on the 19th at the same place...oh well, it'll give me a chance to scout out the area and search for nice places...

oh yeah, with curzon hall, i know normanhurst boys are having theirs there on the 28th (don't ask me why i know where and when every formal is)...i heard it's a good place to have a formal, but the only problem is when you walk out, you can see macquarie center :(

the other one i know about is sydney girls, at MCA on the 18th

oh yeah, jian when u talk about afters, that's pretty gay if we go to like groneman's house (no offence, but we're not exactly capitalising on the fact that we're in the city for the formal)...cos NSGHS is going to Goodbar for their after...so it'd be really sweet if we could hire out a club or a hotel floor or something...even though that'd cost us about 10 G's....oh well, better start selling a $@#load of chocolates real quick...

oh yeah, with 4pt. Sheraton, what do u think of getting a limo there? cos i heard for the formal, we have to like, go around a dodgy back entrance or something....and as much as i'd like to arrive in style :confused: i wouldn't be real good with nobody witnessing it.........................................................................................??

hehe and the whole preparing for the formal 4 months earlier...for the yr. 10 formal, the blokes came over to my place, and we bummed around, then decided to start getting ready at 7:00...(we had to be there by 7:30)....hey girls, could u like, write a hypothetical timetable for me with how long it takes to do everything (hair, makeup etc.)? then maybe i wouldn't keep bugging my partner every half hour saying "are you ready yet??"

anyway, i got carried away (again) so i'll shuddup... that's my $0.02

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
??:confused: thats what i meant, i think...
cos in the city we can actually go somewhere to places in the city, rather than epping or wherever kurzon hall is which is a shithole and in the middle of nowhere

bex

HSC
we had it there in yr 10, was ok, but very squishy....very very very squishy. but there were two rooms so you may be the better one...
yeah for us that was a big concern but theyve done renovations since then and made the balcony heaps bigger and fixed up inside... they were finished in july... so hopefully the food wont be bad.. but who eats anyway!?

at our yr10 formal pretty much nobody ate.. everyone was too excited and scared of getting stuff on their dresses!!

kyoto

Goto George Street, play DDR after formal.
:p

Mine formal at... 4 points?

uh...

dont know who to take...

girl i want is... maybe not going with me?

*sigh* no guts. :D

rusti

i dunno anything about the booking or that, i just know the date and location.

all the girls are organising ours.

rusti

Originally posted by MasterBae
hey girls, could u like, write a hypothetical timetable for me with how long it takes to do everything (hair, makeup etc.)? then maybe i wouldn't keep bugging my partner every half hour saying "are you ready yet??"
are you serious?

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
We're have ours @ 4 point sheraton.
I cant remember when, but minai will prob post it up.

Anyways; me trials started today - and boy did i screw up english!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)