Formals! (1 Viewer)

forkyspoony18

HSC
I had my formal last thursday night (yes im aware that it was very early...long story) and it was awesome. So much better than year 10 formal

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
haha... my stupid stupid stupid stupid school/year advisor hasn't even confirmed we're having one yet. :( we so will though. anyway! i got my dress the other day!!! EEK! i loooooove it :D :D :D hot pink satin strapless above knees... soooo pretty!!! so i'll get seamed stockings and silver peep toe heels... hair up in curls. :D love it!!!

Beckerella

HSC
I love the place where my formal is, in one of the pictures I saw of it, it looked like a french castle. It was $100 a ticket though - with no fundraising. Pricey with a capital P.

victoria10

HSC
my year 10 formals at Le Montage near liechhardt.
anyone ever been there before?
its like on 20th november and my school shit so we had to organise it all ourselves.

pshh.
any other schools do that? make you organise your own formal?

HSC
ours is at the four points at sheraton
not many people are bringing partners even though we can

HSC
omg everybody's talking about having their formal fundraised/paid for them...we had to pay like 120 bucks pp for our formal..

arghghg

farmer child

HSC
eeek.. formals are frustrating me atm.

lol mines on the 17th november at oatlands house.
apparently its really lovely there.

$95 pp with no fundraising.. didnt even know that some schools did that.

hummers are shit nd ugly so we decided to go stretch territory.

for yr 10 we had to organise our own formal. shit as. but hey atleast we had one...

4unitfreak

HSC
actually now thinking of not going altogether... stuff the cash. Being rejected [again] today doesn't help :)

Anyway...why 6AM? And why Hong Kong?

So many questions, so few answers... lol

kidding
Aww noooooooooooooo! I was going to ask if you wanted to be on our table for the formal, we have to have the table lists in by tomorrow... :(
Hong Kong is where we're going on our band tour. 6AM because the flight leaves at noon and we have to be in Sydney at least a few hours before that.

girloflowers

HSC
Ours is at the Imax in sydney! I'm sooo excited! 20th November.

I thiiink we're stretch-hummerzine-ing it there.

i already have my dress :)
and my after party dresses o_O

formals are expensive hurr.

Anus McLovin

HSC
farmer child said:
eeek.. formals are frustrating me atm.

lol mines on the 17th november at oatlands house.
apparently its really lovely there.

$95 pp with no fundraising.. didnt even know that some schools did that.

hummers are shit nd ugly so we decided to go stretch territory.

for yr 10 we had to organise our own formal. shit as. but hey atleast we had one...
Oatlands is good, but only for year 12. It's way too classy for any other formal. Plus there's no view or anything, and it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's really old and prestigious i guess.

The room will be a little awkward though since it's L shaped, and the stage is at one end.

victoria10 said:
my year 10 formals at Le Montage near liechhardt.
anyone ever been there before?
its like on 20th november and my school shit so we had to organise it all ourselves.

pshh.
any other schools do that? make you organise your own formal?
Yeah heaps of schools make you organise your own. It's a liability issue. Too many people get wasted, and a lot of things get ugly.

The Le Montage is pretty sweet. There's a really nice view of the bay, and the bayside walk is really nice. The place is pretty damn cool too, though depends which room you get. I think top room is better

girloflowers said:
Ours is at the Imax in sydney! I'm sooo excited! 20th November.

I thiiink we're stretch-hummerzine-ing it there.

i already have my dress :)
and my after party dresses o_O

formals are expensive hurr.
You're talking bout the Star Room yeah?
It's got the sweetest view, but it's pretty small, and the food sucks. I dunno if that's because of the caterers or whatnot.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Lots of schools don't organise year 10 formals because they don't want to encourage students to leave in year 10.

Our school wanted absolutely nothing to do with it, but someone wrote "Sefton High" on some piece of paperwork for the photographer. Luckily, all that happened was the photographer sent a note to the school thanking them and saying how well behaved we were.

Year 12 formal was a choice of internal (school organised, no guests) or external (grade organised, alcohol, guests etc). We picked internal because nobody could be fucked to organise it.

Anus McLovin

HSC
scarybunny said:
Lots of schools don't organise year 10 formals because they don't want to encourage students to leave in year 10.

Our school wanted absolutely nothing to do with it, but someone wrote "Sefton High" on some piece of paperwork for the photographer. Luckily, all that happened was the photographer sent a note to the school thanking them and saying how well behaved we were.

Year 12 formal was a choice of internal (school organised, no guests) or external (grade organised, alcohol, guests etc). We picked internal because nobody could be fucked to organise it.
Sefton's a selective school though yeah? I'd expect very few school leavers in year 10, so a year 10 formal shouldn't be a problem.

I know at my school (Sydney Boys High) nobody dropped out in year 10 (one kid got expelled, but he still goes to school) and so the Formal was just a party celebrating the end of "Junior" school life. At selective schools, the year 10 formals have lost all meaning really. It's basically a dress-up party (like year 11 semis)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah not many people left in year 10. A few, all from the community side.

Year 12 formal was much more fun. Whole grade went, teachers came and we didn't have to worry about organising it.

Anus McLovin

HSC
That sounds pretty sweet.

My only problem with formals is how the priority is getting all dressed up and shit. I really can't see why you'd want to spend your last moment of childhood, dressed as an adult. There should be more emphasis on having fun and enjoying it.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Do we really have to wear leather shoes/formal shoes to the Year 12 formal?

Cause I was planning to just wear sneakers or something....

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
BoyNextDoor said:
Do we really have to wear leather shoes/formal shoes to the Year 12 formal?

Cause I was planning to just wear sneakers or something....
lol

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
are gay
full of homos

are expensive
like $200

and anyway the last one i went to i wore a hawaiian shirt, black jeans, and volleys:spam:

it sucked balls would rather have been at muse concert:spam:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)