Frankenstein & Blade Runner Quotes (1 Viewer)

Arkie

HSC
Heres a thread to post any of your good frankenstein and B.R quotes

to kick us off

Frank:
I saw—with shut eyes, but acute mental vision—I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out, and then, on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life and stir with an uneasy, half-vital motion. Frightful must it be, for supremely frightful would be the effect of any human endeavor to mock the stupendous mechanism of the Creator of the world

Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay To mould me Man, did I solicit thee
From darkness to promote me?

So much has been done, exclaimed the soul of Frankenstein—more, far more, will I achieve; treading in the steps already marked, I will pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers, and unfold to the world the deepest mysteries of creation.

I, the miserable and the abandoned, am an abortion, to be spurned at, and kicked, and trampled on.

How dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature allow

A new species would bless me as its creator and source; many happy and excellent natures would owe their being to me. No father could claim the gratitude of his child so completely as I should deserve theirs

B.R:

How can it not know what it is?

Do you like our owl? It's artifical? Of course it is

Is that snake real?

Im not in the buisness i am the buisness

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long; and you have burned so very brightly

Commerce is our goal

More human than Human

Got any more quotes put them in

HSC
Frankenstein

Victor: "I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you"

^^ shows the theme of ambition

askrach

HSC
"All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain." (Roy Batty) - I LOVE that quote!
also
"It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?" from Gaff

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Roy Batty quoting Blake "Fiery angels feel, deep thunder rolled around their shores burning with the fires of Orc,"

Slogan "more human than human," (paradox)

The creature in Frankenstien "I was bevevolent and good, misery made me a fiend," (juxtaposition)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Quotes mean nothing....if you can't back them up with an explanation and techniques [where possible].

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I only used one quote for Blade Runner. Mostly used movie techniques.

monster- "human senses are barriers to our union.. if I cannot inspire love I will cause fear"

Synergie

HSC
It may just be me, but whenever I find quotes, I know what inferences are made by the composer and hence is why I picked it because it represents a theme. However I'm missing one crucial piece of information - a technique. I can't keep repeating the same two techniques could I (being dialogue and narration)?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Frankenstein:

"Slave... you are my creator, but I am your master- obey!" (monster to Victor)

"So much has been done... more, far more will I achieve" (Victor)

- shows the desire for power/glory

Blade Runner:

"She is an experiment, nothing more" (Tyrell about Rachel)

- science destroying humanity

cathychat

HSC
Our teacher was certain that it was 'father'.....
She always sees the best in people.
haha i think it's meant to be ambigious so that it sounds like both and the audience can interpret it whichever way they want to.

sarahaussiegirl

HSC
I thought it depended on the version you were watching. The director's cut version doesn't have 'fucker'.

sml

HSC
I want more life fucker - this is my favourite one. :)

"can the maker repair what he makes?"

Thats another good one when talking about the consequences of man taking on the role of god.

Last edited:

Skittles1991

HSC
"it was in their hands to direct to happiness or misery, according as they fulfilled their duties towards me" (from victor about his parents)
"i am malicious becuase iam miserable"

By Juxtaposing his own parenting with that of his parents we can see how shit he trely is at being a 'father'.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
LOL my favourite quotes from BR are:

Holden - "You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down... and see a tortoise, Leon. It's crawling toward you... You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.I mean: you're not helping! Why is that, Leon? "

Leon - "Let me tell you about my mother. "

Roy Batty - "You'd better get it up, or I'm gonna have to kill you! "
Roy Batty - "Straight doesn't seem to be good enough! Now it's my turn! I'm going to give you a few seconds before I come."

AmieLea

HSC
"it's not an easy thing to meet your maker" man taking on the responiblities of God.

(which, on a side note, is kinda ironic as people i know always complain about the bad stuff the God "lets" happen, ie cancer, pedophiles etc. is this commenting on how we expect too much of our creator??? does our creator have to be our 'savior'???? interesting...) back onto quotes :)

"they're either a benefit or a hazard" (gaff on replicants)

"quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? that's wat it is to be a slave" batty to deckard. both Frankenstein and batty try to make their opponent feel empathy for what they are going through, ie, to use a quote already said (thank you who ever it was :) ): "i was benevolent and good, misery made me a fiend" creature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)