Free essay marking? (1 Viewer)

jniranjan

HSC
Where could I get a free second opinion on my essays? I'm a bit concerned that my teacher marks too easy, and she doesn't offer many suggestions on how I could improve. I would be willing to PM them to past hsc students if they seem trustworthy. I need feedback on the queen, p&p/lta, and skrzynecki. I haven't written even a generic essay for hamlet yet, but if someone could offer some tips/things i could talk about then that would be great. Basically, my thesis is that 'The character of Hamlet is a vehicle used by shakespeare to explore our complex human nature.' And then I've talked about deception, loyalty, and love all facets of our human nature, and tied all that in to apperance vs reality. Is this ok? Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

taeyang

HSC
Another teacher from your school?... Yes I know it's not allowed at some, but mine allows it.

interesting

HSC
N/A
get a private tutor or give it to other teachers and give to your relatives who have done the hsc who have done preferably well :p

jniranjan

HSC
Thanks for all the replies guys. My school really doesn't like it when students give stuff to other teachers to mark. They think it's like an insult to your teacher. And my cousin did the hsc(and did really well) 16 years ago, so that's not much help.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I do it on ferghsc, however last time i got it marked.... the marker didn't really do her job well =.=... However yeah they are alright.. i recommend it partially ~.~...

Beware about sending your essays to random people also!!!!!! most people on bos, most who request are the students who are most likely going to steal your essays!!

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Someone that did well in their HSC 16 years ago should still know what a good HSC essay looks and sounds like. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Beware about sending your essays to random people also!!!!!! most people on bos, most who request are the students who are most likely going to steal your essays!!
This is not really true. And even if your essay is stolen, it won't personally affect the marks you'd get.

I sometimes do essay marking, but I'm swamped with uni at the moment.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
why won't it affect it? there will be 2 essays that are the same and that might be seen as plagiarism and then you'll get penalized?
The chance of the same marker getting both essays is extremely small. And both students would need to adapt it to the question to do well, so that reduces the chance of it being reproduced exactly even more.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
You don't need to write essays. Im just preparing themes/ideas/ values for each module of which i will learn and take into the exam. The only difference between what im doing and an essay, is that the paragraphs are not joined and its not answering a question.

You have to ask how hard is answering a question. The best preparation is too look at loads of questions, and outline how you would respond and shape the paragraphs. You can do this in your head.

This is better preparation, than wasting time producing essays.

Last edited:

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Thanks for all the replies guys. My school really doesn't like it when students give stuff to other teachers to mark. They think it's like an insult to your teacher. And my cousin did the hsc(and did really well) 16 years ago, so that's not much help.
When you have a slack ass teacher like i have; you have too aha.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
The chance of the same marker getting both essays is extremely small. And both students would need to adapt it to the question to do well, so that reduces the chance of it being reproduced exactly even more.
true.. there is like 7000 markers for the hsc lol..

jniranjan

HSC
I've finished my Hamlet essay. The offer is still up for anyone willing to mark them. And my essays are basically points put together, with an intro and conclusion. I just want to know whether my points are good.

2011_

HSC
I did HSC Advanced English last year, and for the Area of Study I did Skrzynecki. If you like, I could send you my AOS notes. I got a band 5, but I'm a slow writer (my biggest enemy!). I may also still have some essays that I did, that I could email you or something if it would help? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)