Free Laptop (1 Viewer)

SimonLee13

HSC
They remove free transport but waste over 2k on laptops which won't be used for its intended purposes.

BK-Jatz-Gal

HSC
this sux... i go to a catho school... n believe me there are no where near enuf fockin computers!!! but yea... i dont really care i think just offer he laptops to the kids who want one otherwise i no kids at the public school who end up wit like three per family not to mention the ones they already got!!!

HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
They remove free transport but waste over 2k on laptops which won't be used for its intended purposes.
agree

why take away something that is really useful and of revelance to more students and spend money on something that really isn't that necessary? dont see the point in free mini laptops

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
QFT

Nathan boy is digging his own grave. Let him be.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lala2 said:
I think this is a stupid idea. The only difference btw a laptop and a normal desktop is that the laptop can be carried around. I think as long as enough desktops are installed at each school to ensure the computer literacy of every student enrolled, scrap the laptop idea and divert the money elsewhere. Health, transport, etc...these are all more impt than kids just having laptops. I certainly wouldn't want my taxes going to some kid who's only going to play Minesweeper on their laptop all day.
Minesweeper FTW

I highly doubt they're going to put Windows on the laptops. It would cost too much for licensing. They would probably most likely put in Linux which is free.

kara42

HSC
Apparently the schools that aren't a part of this get the same amount of money that goes towards something else... or something.

I'm pretty sure that's what one of my teachers said - that while we might not get laptops, the school will still get that money but can spend it on whatever.

Don't quote me on that though, I can't really remember what she said.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
This is a pathetic idea!
$2545 on a laptop, mini? there like under $500 especially if the government is buying them!

I have been in catholic schooling ever since kindergarden and can i say that before you pansy arse public kids go on about how because we go to catholic or private schools that we apparently are provided the world..stop and think again.

I went to a school in western sydney and let me tell you we were the most unprivileged catholic school in the area. We had computers about 18 in about 3 rooms of the school and about 10 in the library. We had laptops too although let me say there the old IBM black shitty ones with xp on them. yeah really advanced aye? vista and everything, i think not!

So you little shit heads who want to bag out catholic and private schools just because we pay $900 a term for better education we do not actually have funds provided to us left right and center by the government and do not get tax payer hand outs such as these laptops. which by the time you receive them something much better will be on the market! We raise money for air conditioning for god sake! We don't get crap handed to us. If we want something we gotta work for it and i mean it! I left primary school and the money we raised for a/c by the time i left was not even installed and let me tell you those kindy kids who came in as we left were first privileged with a/c .

So suck it up and appreciate what this stupid government is for god knows why is giving you these so called $2000 mini laptops! :evilfire:

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:
This is a pathetic idea!
$2545 on a laptop, mini? there like under $500 especially if the government is buying them!

I have been in catholic schooling ever since kindergarden and can i say that before you pansy arse public kids go on about how because we go to catholic or private schools that we apparently are provided the world..stop and think again.

I went to a school in western sydney and let me tell you we were the most unprivileged catholic school in the area. We had computers about 18 in about 3 rooms of the school and about 10 in the library. We had laptops too although let me say there the old IBM black shitty ones with xp on them. yeah really advanced aye? vista and everything, i think not!

So you little shit heads who want to bag out catholic and private schools just because we pay $900 a term for better education we do not actually have funds provided to us left right and center by the government and do not get tax payer hand outs such as these laptops. which by the time you receive them something much better will be on the market! We raise money for air conditioning for god sake! We don't get crap handed to us. If we want something we gotta work for it and i mean it! I left primary school and the money we raised for a/c by the time i left was not even installed and let me tell you those kindy kids who came in as we left were first privileged with a/c .

So suck it up and appreciate what this stupid government is for god knows why is giving you these so called $2000 mini laptops! :evilfire:
My school wasn't as bad as that, but QFT anyway.

I hate it when people make generalisations about private schools.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:
This is a pathetic idea!

squeenie said:
My school wasn't as bad as that, but QFT anyway.

I hate it when people make generalisations about private schools.
See this is why we generalise. You say you had 18 computers in 3 rooms. That's more than my school. AND you get laptops? Oh boohoo, it's XP, I feel sorry for you /sarcasm.
Oh really? You raise money for Air Con? We don't get Air Con. We raise money for stuff we NEED.

How can you say you don't get crap handed to you? We get NOTHING. This is probably the first luxury item that we're getting in ages, especially with the whole transport thing cut and all

Oh wait, I suppose you wouldn't consider it a luxury item, seeing as you have your 'shitty' IBM laptops with XP taken for granted.

Perhaps if you REALISED that you had it better than us, we wouldn't generalise so much

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
~aussiegirl!~ said:
This is a pathetic idea!

Lol, do you go to St. Andrews in Maryong? I never knew that school was poor. They look like a rich school with their blazers.

philosopher23

HSC
Wouldn't giving us students laptops make it much easier to cheat? Im not sure..im not very high tech at all. I hope yr 12 gets them next year, it would suck if we didnt. Does anyone no for sure if the government will pull through with it?

philosopher23

HSC
youngminii said:
See this is why we generalise. You say you had 18 computers in 3 rooms. That's more than my school. AND you get laptops? Oh boohoo, it's XP, I feel sorry for you /sarcasm.
Oh really? You raise money for Air Con? We don't get Air Con. We raise money for stuff we NEED.

How can you say you don't get crap handed to you? We get NOTHING. This is probably the first luxury item that we're getting in ages, especially with the whole transport thing cut and all

Oh wait, I suppose you wouldn't consider it a luxury item, seeing as you have your 'shitty' IBM laptops with XP taken for granted.

Perhaps if you REALISED that you had it better than us, we wouldn't generalise so much
I agree. Air con? What the? Yep, your life has been real hard. Maybe you should rethink what your point is before attacking kids in public schools, who, like me (generalising), DON'T have air con or think they have it tough if they only have 18 computers.

I wonder how you would cope at a public school.....

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You lucky bastards get subsidised laptops that you can keep??!! :angry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)