Free Period Time (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Well, now that we're in year 12 and some of us have dropped subjects, and picked some up.... how many hours worth of free periods do you have a week?

I would have had 5.5 hours, but our Art teacher got an extra hour a week timetabled for working on our Majors, so I have 4.5 hours a week.

I do 10units at school :)

And I guess 10 units generally = bliss. Except that I'm not very confident in Ancient History at all.... so I guess a lot of that study time is going to have to be dedicated to it.

Guernica

HSC
I haven't got my new timetable yet. But in year 11, I did 13 units and had no frees. Or, actually, negative 1 frees, because I had a morning class. Haha. I'm doing 10 units for year 12 though, so I should have a fair few.

HSC
N/A
No, I haven't got my new timetable yet either.... but I just calculated it by removing the subjects I'm dropping (1U Photography and 1U Visual Design) :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
10 units??? Don't stuff up. Remember that all 10 will be counted in the uai. If you're on 12 units and you stuff up a subject, pray that your other 5 are good.

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
10 units??? Don't stuff up. Remember that all 10 will be counted in the uai. If you're on 12 units and you stuff up a subject, pray that your other 5 are good.
Yeah, I'm aware of that :)

10 units is basically the best choice for me though. For several reasons.

-I do 2 subjects with major works (Visual Arts and Design and Tech) and so I will need the extra time to work on those.
-I'd probably slack off in a subject if I did 12 units, because I'd know something wasn't going to count.
-I've been unwell the past few years (Glandular Fever and Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome) and 12 units would probably just be too much for me.... I need the extra time to just study at my own pace.
-I don't have any real interest in any other subjects offered! :rolleyes:

Guernica

HSC
Oh right... well, I should have...

4 hours free in week 1.
5 hours free in week 2.

Maybe... I think :? I don't know, I can't remember which of my maths classes are extension (dropping ext).

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I did 12 units for Year 11 and had 4 frees a week (with one afternoon class).

Now, still with 12 units, I'll ditch the afternoon class, but probably lose two frees a week for Extension 2 Maths.

I_F

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I had 7 80 min frees a week...sweet most around lunch so I used to always get lunch and study...sometimes
10 units
3 regular frees a week
2 coz yr 12 dont do sport
and 2 RFF periods

Tuesday was the bets, class from 10 till 11.35 :D

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Guernica said:
Oh right... well, I should have...

4 hours free in week 1.
5 hours free in week 2.

Maybe... I think :? I don't know, I can't remember which of my maths classes are extension (dropping ext).
how did you work out your free period hours?? i'm doing 13 units next term , MX2, MX1, adv eng, jap cont and ext1, bio, chem..

Guernica

HSC
I worked out my free periods by counting how many hours I have of the subjects I'm dropping..

P

pLuvia

what if you're picking up MX2 and jap ext? which are morning classes, would i get more free periods? on and i'm dropping visual design :D

that means i'll have 3 free periods plus maybe the free periods the morning class gives?

and plus 2 for sport :)

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pLuvia

wouldn't it be like this, the more subjects you do the less free periods you will get?, but i think i will be having a 5th period on Monday's (we usually only have 4 periods) which means I'll get another free period, so, so far i have

3 from dropping visual design
2 from sport that i'm not doing
1 from no period on tuesday because of the 5th period

so that's 6 :) better put it to good use

P

pLuvia

ok so.

80 mins each

about 11 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
um, i'd have about 4 or so a week from dropping early childhood...plus 2 per week from not doing sport...plus the 3 or so regular ones we get each week. whoa thats a lot, maybe i did it wrong. but i dont think so...ah well, more free "study" time is always a good thing. :p

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Umm for next year, I'll remain at 3 3/4 hours a week (Damn 45 minute periods)

Lol one of my mates has over 9 hours a week for year 12, and with 45 minute periods, that's a hell of a lot.

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
i have 21 frees in a fortnight... 1 hour periods... *hides from oncoming jelous abuse* oh and i do 12 units... (open high school, 4 u math/eng which means alot of outside timetable study)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)