Free Period Time (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Porcia said:
i have 21 frees in a fortnight... 1 hour periods... *hides from oncoming jelous abuse* oh and i do 12 units... (open high school, 4 u math/eng which means alot of outside timetable study)
how did you find out Porcia??, have you already got your timetable??

Porcia

HSC
simply delete the pre-existing subjects u had dropped - and account for out of school units... simple..?

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
we keep the same old timetable this term and change for nxt year so far i have

Week A and B the same
1. 2 hr free period from sport
1. 2 hr free period cause seniors finish schoool early on tuesday
3. 1 and 1/2 hr free periods cause subject dropping
BUT on week B i have a friday extra free last period cause of drama
so far im satisfied

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
daymn u guys already got timetables?
we havent even chosen our subjects for this term yet >.<
i'm def dropping photography. its the pits. i still havent learnt to develop film yet
*sighs*

P

pLuvia

I haven't got my year 12 timetable, but I'm pretty sure it won't change until next year

HSC
N/A
denise_ said:
daymn u guys already got timetables?
we havent even chosen our subjects for this term yet >.<
i'm def dropping photography. its the pits. i still havent learnt to develop film yet
*sighs*
How can you have not learnt how to develop yet? The course has been going for 9 months already :(

duggoh

Adam
HSC
My timetable stays the same pretty much...

my school's good because we have 2 hr classes... so i get 2 hr study breaks (i only get one tho :p cause the rest of them are at 8.30 or let me leave 2 hrs early :p)

duggoh

Adam
HSC
Yeah..

i'm at bradfield, which is tafe... but they do yr 11 and 12 there... i used 2 go 2 Waverley College which i ABSOLUTELY HATED!... so i started here this yr...

the two hr lessons rnt that bad, it means u can get more work done and if ur watching a movie or something u get to watch the whole thing..

u get a 10min break to after the first hr, so its really like 110 min lessons :p

10 mins is perfect 2 fill up ur water bottle, go 2 the toilet and have a smoke and then ur ready 2 get back to the work...

P

pLuvia

Err.. That's not a good system :p but like 2 hours~!! such a long time

HSC
N/A
duggoh said:
Yeah..

i'm at bradfield, which is tafe... but they do yr 11 and 12 there... i used 2 go 2 Waverley College which i ABSOLUTELY HATED!... so i started here this yr...

the two hr lessons rnt that bad, it means u can get more work done and if ur watching a movie or something u get to watch the whole thing..

u get a 10min break to after the first hr, so its really like 110 min lessons :p

10 mins is perfect 2 fill up ur water bottle, go 2 the toilet and have a smoke and then ur ready 2 get back to the work...
I was going to go to Bradfield! But I ended up not going because it would mean I'd have to live on the other side of Sydney with my grandmother.... and even though my school is the absolute pits, I couldn't grag myself away from a couple of my friends, and wanted to still have my current art teacher.

Mine you, if I bomb out in year 12, I'll probably go back there to do it again - or just go straight to TAFE.

That seems like a good system though. At my school periods go for about 70minutes, which is really annoying in the case of some practical subjects. For example, Design and Technology. It takes us a good 10-15 minutes to get all our work from the store, set up our stuff, get the tools we need etc.... and the same amount to pack up. You end up spending about 20-25minutes each lesson just carrying stuff around, getting things out, putting them away, sweeping floors etc.
And the teacher usually talks to the class for 5-10 before hand, about assignments/exams/theory work etc, so in the end we only get about 35 minutes to work. In just over half an hour, you really can't do all that much in Design and Tech (if you're working with Wood/Metal)

Because of this, some tasks carry on lesson after lesson. It's horrible! It happens in Art too, but not as bad - because it doesn't take that long to get set up and started.

Haha anyway. Going out and smoking in your 10 minute break? Ewww, I'd hate to be the person sitting next to them for an hour when you go back into class :( (That's if you're like me and absolutely can not stand the smell of cigarettes)

Last edited:

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Our year is the first year in which their making sport compulsory, so that should eat into a lot of study periods.

I have nothing against it, people who whine about it being an 'unnecessary part of schooling and something we shouldn't have to do' I have no empathy for.

I can understand why they're getting that attitude, my school isnt particularly reknowned for its bright kids using their free periods for valuable revision. I think the sport was just a way of occupying the kids during these off lessons so they dont do anything bad or wrong.

I'm expecting very few frees starting tomorrow, I had 1 free session (45minutes) per week last term.

xx__savannah

HSC
Reading this, I realise that my school sucks. The only people who had free periods in yr11 were the ones who went to TAFE, and now it's the people who dropped their chosen 1u, and they have supervised study in those classes.
I dropped Ext Eng, and instead of going to join a supervision class, a friend and I are using the 'free' to teach each other Economics because it's an online class, and we have it during lessons the other can't miss out on (like this year I am doing HSC Chem, so I couldn't ever go then).
Overall, we'll get just over 4 hours free per fortnight.

Last edited:

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
I have 4 hours week now after i dropped physics.

So today i had a free period by myself at the back of the physics room doing my maths homework while everyone had no clue what was going on in physics, well most of the them.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hehe, I dropped Business and now I have 15 frees in a two week cycle.

739 minutes / 2 weeks. :D

Just gonna finish up all my homework in that time.

Talking about frees, my maths teachers away tomorow, hence I have my first 4 periods free.

SUCKERS!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have about 8 x 45min free periods a fortnight and doing 12 units which is pretty good, i get decent time to study and take a break from classes

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
For us, 4 periods/75 minutes long.
A free period 4 would mean going home at 1.10pm (when lunch starts). Wednesdays, it's 12.15.
A free period 1 means coming to school by 10am on any given day.

P

pLuvia

If we have a morning free period we still have to come to school normal time for roll call :( but if we have an afternoon free period we can leave early

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)