Freedom & The Environment (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I wouldn't call the average environmentalist intelligent.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Ok, let's just kill all people who don't care about the environment. Then we have a good mix of people left, particularly wankers. It's all lose, lose, lose.
I'm curious as to why you would suggest that human life is not particularly valuable, but that non-sentient life and non-living things (i.e. the environment) is?

HSC
certainly not
but wouldn't you call the average person who denies the significance of climate change unintelligent?

bio_nut

HSC
certainly not
but wouldn't you call the average person who denies the significance of climate change unintelligent?
I would, but there are the wah wah conspiracy people who view those who believe in climate change as unintelligent and gullible.

bio_nut

HSC
Killing people won't throw off the balance and carbon/nitrogen cycles in nature, there are far too many of us and we are the ones disturbing these fundamental patterns of life. If anything, it will help. Once the patterns are disturbed to a certain extent, it is rather irreversible.

Lol at the people who don't understand carbon cycles and go on rants about how then we must be helping.

I don't really believe that dude (well, at least not in the public sphere, lol :p).

I just need blood sugar, no food all day, going craaaazy.

bio_nut

HSC
Ok, getting food before I fall down, I can't see straight.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Killing people won't throw off the balance and carbon/nitrogen cycles in nature, there are far too many of us and we are the ones disturbing these fundamental patterns of life. If anything, it will help. Once the patterns are disturbed to a certain extent, it is rather irreversible.

Lol at the people who don't understand carbon cycles and go on rants about how then we must be helping.
Help what?

Why would you say that the carbon/nitrogen cycles are inherently valuable and should be protected, but that human life has very little value?

I see what you are saying, but how do you justify this position?

murphyad

HSC
okay cool, but do you think that ANY means justify saving the environment?
Not really. But I don't think that's very relevant because (assuming AGW = real) it's already been concluded that 'any means necessary' is not, uh, necessary.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I am libertas, but yes any means necessary. Hypothetically I would support any measure if there were a state with the ability to implement it, without being otherwise cruel and unusual.

The necessary will never be concluded or implemented, so I just don't give a fuck any more. The realistic choice is 'much bigger government and neglible environmental benefit' or 'fuck off the government and go out in a blaze of glorious liberty'.

Other environmental measures are realistically achievable however, and any amount of government intervention is fair game there. Attempts to reduce the impact of climate change are actually harmful in this way, as they reduce the limited resources available to avert other environmental problems where change can be implemented effectively.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Humans should analyse their activities during past years that have caused the most disastrous part of global warming. This way we can eliminate the immediate and common reasons of GW.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Maybe have it so you can do almost everything you want, you just have to pay heavily for it if it damages the environment.

Think of it this way. I live in the world, as do billions of others. Why should some rich fuck be able to fly his jet around and pollute up the environment and ruin my breathing air? he should have to pay me, or pay an environmental clean up committee or pay the government who sorts it out.

New price of petrol: $100 a litre. If you want to fuck up the environment for us all, you need to pay for the consequences. Otherwise walk, ride a bike or take public transport.

This is all totally based on the assumption that our activity is strongly tied to the environment e.g climate change. I still remain unconvinced on that part.

HSC
if fuel was $100 per L i would build my own biodiesel plant or ethanol plant or something and still do max doeys in the gravel near lidcombe station

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Humans should analyse their activities during past years that have caused the most disastrous part of global warming. This way we can eliminate the immediate and common reasons of GW.
Just. Just leave.

Did you even actually read...forget it, just go.

bio_nut

HSC
I wrote a reply then my internet died. :(

Will state my reasoning and such another time, can't be bothered again now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)