From standard to advanced (english) ?? (1 Viewer)

Render777

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to move up from standard English to advanced? Is it so unheard of!?

HSC
Uni Grad
Not now anyway, but earlier on I knew people who moved up to Advance from Standard and also people move down from Advance to Standard, as well as ESL people in the past going down from Advance to Standard to ESL.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Not at this time. U should have done it in term 4 or the beginning of the year

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Not at this time. U should have done it in term 4 or the beginning of the year
Unless you can do all the Advanced English assessments that you've missed plus read all the texts and catch up on all the classwork and forget everything you learned in Standard...

zxreth

HSC
Yeah, as the guys above have made clear it's too late now. But no, it's not unheard of, I did it back in year 11 :)

converge

HSC
N/A
As the others have said, it can only be done in the early stages of year 11.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Too late. You're meant to do it in the beginning of the year not when you're nearly up to your trial exams lol :(

Tough luck and just study hard!

killerg0d

HSC
Your first assessment in prelim has to be of very high standard for you to move or half yearlies. From there on, its too late.

The Matrix

HSC
Not now anyway, but earlier on I knew people who moved up to Advance from Standard and also people move down from Advance to Standard, as well as ESL people in the past going down from Advance to Standard to ESL.
ESL isn't the lowest BTW, applied is the lowest. Only people who have been here for less than 4 years are illegible to do ESL, otherwise, if you were born here and do ESL you will have a huge and unfair advantage over these people, also, you can apply for EAS if you do ESL which is even bigger advantage.

HSC
Uni Grad
ESL isn't the lowest BTW, applied is the lowest. Only people who have been here for less than 4 years are illegible to do ESL, otherwise, if you were born here and do ESL you will have a huge and unfair advantage over these people, also, you can apply for EAS if you do ESL which is even bigger advantage.
Not me, people who are international students from China at my school did that. Few are quite capable to do Advance but chose that they couldn't do it in the long run.

The Matrix

HSC
Not me, people who are international students from China at my school did that. Few are quite capable to do Advance but chose that they couldn't do it in the long run.
Yeah, even at my school, all the international students do it because they are illegible. What a huge advantage LOL. But you can't get into medicine as undergraduate if you do ESL, that's the only downside to it.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
im in year 11 not 12 sorry for not stating it
In that case, it is entirely possible. If you score very well in your prelims and show a high dedication to English, I'm sure that your teacher could make that recommendation to your head teacher. As a matter of fact, someone in my class did just that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)