• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fuckery in my trials (4 Viewers)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You sound like you are whining a bit to be honest.

It is multiple choice. If you couldn't get one of their answers (even if their answers were all wrong) then you should have just guessed one and move on.

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

It is multiple choice. If you couldn't get one of their answers (even if their answers were all wrong) then you should have just guessed one and move on.
This is maths. There shouldn't be any of this "most correct answer" bullshit. It's either right or wrong.

EDIT: That came across as quite harsh, just for the record I'm not attacking you, but whoever wrote the exam.

iBibah

HSC

When you study hard and prepare the best you can, get a question right when no one else could then have the marks taken from you it is quite irritating.

Though if first and remained first, might as well relax a little.

math man

HSC
N/A
The only rational root it has is 1/2. The product of the other two roots is -1/4 ie: beta*gamma = -1/4.

Poor form on the part of your Maths department, two errors in a Trial examination. Just goes to show the importance of peer checking when writing exam papers.

Asianese, you are already coming first (iirc), so this won't matter very much at all for you. For others, on the other hand, I suppose it makes a little bit of difference.

Nevertheless, the actual external HSC exam is what separates the men from the boys. There will be no such errors there, so that will be your chance to prove yourself.
there was an error in the 2001 paper i think it was, q7 the polynomial one, half state didnt find out, other half did, question was not taken out

HSC
Yeah, I read somewhere on Buchanan's page that they didn't mention it at an annual maths meeting the teachers had lolol

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
My school has messed up many exams and assignments. Don't worry about it if it happens. Like Carrotsticks said, the HSC is your time to shine and you are first anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)