future IT career (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by enak
ttttoday junior :p

BTW, I will have to check up on that once it happens.

yea u do so

pfft looks like sum1s totaly n00b'ed face :p

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
yea u do so

pfft looks like sum1s totaly n00b'ed face :p
Just not up to date atm, stupid school!

Keep me up to date ok ;)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by enak
Just not up to date atm, stupid school!

Keep me up to date ok ;)

yeah

news flash!

Microsoft Buys out Linux

there informed you with another vital information

geez85

So which language do u recon is the best 2 study in job wise and what is .NET?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
looking at the current IT sector, i am very nervous in entering it...after reading all the above, i am having second thoughts about entering the IT world.:( ..:confused:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by geez85
java and .NET

google it :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by geez85

.NET all the way, well current trends it is

.NET is just a new generation of programming, it puts the RAD in RADical, i mean quicker deployment of applications, lesser knowledge of API calls for common functions, e.g. retirving the system user name, managed memory management, VB.NET and C# equally as powerful, as they compile into the CLR and equates to be the same but unmanaged C++ is obviously better

yoshi

Originally posted by Winston
.NET is just a new generation of programming, it puts the RAD in RADical, i mean quicker deployment of applications, lesser knowledge of API calls for common functions...
Java was doing this years in advance and it's still rockin'. C# is a rehash (hah, I made a pun) of Java, (the language) without the security (you can have blocks of non-managed code). .NET is a rehash of Java the platform.

Some benefits it does provide is total integration with MS' programs. It's definitely a huger effort to get a J2EE project off the ground than a .NET one. In saying that, J2EE is much more portable and (IMO) nicer.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by yoshi
Java was doing this years in advance and it's still rockin'. C# is a rehash (hah, I made a pun) of Java, (the language) without the security (you can have blocks of non-managed code). .NET is a rehash of Java the platform.

Some benefits it does provide is total integration with MS' programs. It's definitely a huger effort to get a J2EE project off the ground than a .NET one. In saying that, J2EE is much more portable and (IMO) nicer.
i detect anti-MS member lol.. jks..

i cant quite judge what your saying primarily because i don't have much experience in the areas of Java and C#, obviously C# is the rivarlry of Java, i must say i still do love .NET, to me i'd actually rather consider .NET as a really good RAD tool, rather than a formal tool, as the framework really lacks alot, it's memory management although managing for a variety of language syntax is pretty good, but i guess it does speed's deployment of programs up heaps, but if you were up for formal programming and real stuff, i'd steer away from the framework and stick with unmanaged C++

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yoshi

Yay, another vote for java :)

SoFTuaRiaL

its always advisable to do an IT degree combined with something which isnt related to IT. if u dont find a job in IT, u can always pursue a career in the other ... like ... ACTUARIAL :D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
so your telling me i should combine software eng. to bachelor of arts???:(
He's just saying broaden your horizons, so that if the job market is slim for say sw eng, then you can do something while you're not working as a sw eng but then while you're not working as one you can make money doing something else.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
its always advisable to do an IT degree combined with something which isnt related to IT. if u dont find a job in IT, u can always pursue a career in the other ... like ... ACTUARIAL :D
Yep am going to do... gonna do a Dip Ed with any IT degree i do... That way I am still guaranteed a job (Teaching being one of the most flexable and most needed jobs). I plan to work in IT industry for 10-15 years, then go teach and enjoy the holidays etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)