future IT career (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
it's interesting that most of the IT jobs I've looked at (not that I'm looking, but being in that industry means I keep an eye out ;)) require a lot of previous experience and/or a variety of skills.

HR is tending towards a multi-skilled programmer who can work well in the rest of the company's environment. Even software houses (I was at Whitesmiths the other day) require employees who are effective communicators. If you're debugging but you can't accurately explain a bug you're not as useful a worker as someone who may not be as good a programmer but is better at documenting what's happening.

Of course, this means that anybody new in the workforce will have some trouble getting a job..

I think the market will pick up in a few years as the new(ish) wireless telecom industry starts to gain pace + widespread usage. Especially at maccas. Look for maccas jobs. I'll be a McTechnician! Er.. digression..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by tactic
red rooster is the go pb!

or if i'm you, red rooster + UTS + st clair brothel + god knows where else.....

T

tactic

hahaha :D
i'm actually thinking about quiting some :p

thinking about it being the key term :p

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
OH MY GOD!
you mean you'll have a life again? hahahaha i'd like to see that :)

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by freaking_out
so your telling me i should combine software eng. to bachelor of arts???:(
well maybe not arts .... but something out of which u can make a decent living ... like science or commerce.
ps : no offence to arts students

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
i would have loved doing comp sci/arts, majoring in oh, i don't know, linguistics or something.

or compsci/comm, since marketing is so fun :D

the advantage to a comp.../arts student is that they have expertise in fields other than their own, and i think prospective employers are looking for that sort of thing these days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)