#Gamergate: What is really going on in the gaming industry? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Okay, so some space cadet (Matt Taylor) wore an inappropriate shirt on tv, some people complained, in-depth investigation revealed there were a total of 3 (three (seriously)) bullying tweets directed towards said space cadet prior to his apology. Space cadet apologised, everyone accepted and lauded this and was okay to move on.

Naturally, unable to leave the issue alone and looking to be offended, a lot of manchildren cried about this, spawning hashtags #shirtstorm #shirtgate, and the usual tsunami of rape and death threats.

http://aas.org/posts/news/2014/11/aas-issues-statement-shirtgateshirtstorm

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Okay, so some space cadet (Matt Taylor) wore an inappropriate shirt on tv, some people complained, in-depth investigation revealed there were a total of 3 (three (seriously)) bullying tweets directed towards said space cadet prior to his apology. Space cadet apologised, everyone accepted and lauded this and was okay to move on.

Naturally, unable to leave the issue alone and looking to be offended, a lot of manchildren cried about this, spawning hashtags #shirtstorm #shirtgate, and the usual tsunami of rape and death threats.

http://aas.org/posts/news/2014/11/aas-issues-statement-shirtgateshirtstorm
You mean he was wearing a shirt made by a friend (whose a chick) and was happy to promote it for her? If a shirt stops you from going into STEM, you're a fucking retard.

It's a fucking shirt and SJW's need to get sand out of their non-binary sexual organs.

Dr. Taylor SHOULD NOT have to be brought down to tears and apologize ESPECIALLY considering the MAJOR achievements towards human kind in landing a goddamn probe on a comet.

btw the fucks with all this jew bashing comics lol.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah but don't you think it is unprofessional?

It's really irrelevant who made a shirt and why you wear it.

He obviously wished to apologise and perceived himself to be in error, should he not do the thing he wished to do?

I haven't seen any video, or the apology, or joined twitter, or whatever, I just read some third hand account of things.

the takehome message as I see it is that Taylor was happy to make amends, and everyone accepted this and holds no hard feelings to him and much sympathy and admiration, literally no one has complained about Taylor since, and the issue could have just been left alone day 2.

yet the backlash against SJWs carried on for much longer, louder, more violently, and in a way that would offend Matt Taylor, so who really has sand in their non-binary sexual organs?*

https://www.ras.org.uk/news-and-press/2538-ras-statement-on-shirtgate-shirtstorm

As for the comics, jew bashing or otherwise, I find them funny on a few levels.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Shirt was unprofessional, and so he should have removed it on the basis that it was unprofessional. That's as far as it should have gone. But the feminists decided to go overboard with it, and bullied him into apologising for wearing it. Not to mention, as a result of this some of the attention was diverted AWAY from the groundbreaking advances in science that the Rosetta mission was a symbol of.

We have one group of people who are launching a spacecraft into space to orbit a comet (take a look at this gif to see just how impressive the mission was: http://i.imgur.com/TUkKuhf.gif) and another group of people complaining about a bloody shirt. We should be hearing an apology from one of those groups for contributing nothing to society, I'm sure you can guess which one I'm referring to.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Shirt was unprofessional, and so he should have removed it on the basis that it was unprofessional. That's as far as it should have gone. But the feminists decided to go overboard with it, and bullied him into apologising for wearing it. Not to mention, as a result of this some of the attention was diverted AWAY from the groundbreaking advances in science that the Rosetta mission was a symbol of.

We have one group of people who are launching a spacecraft into space to orbit a comet (take a look at this gif to see just how impressive the mission was: http://i.imgur.com/TUkKuhf.gif) and another group of people complaining about a bloody shirt. We should be hearing an apology from one of those groups for contributing nothing to society, I'm sure you can guess which one I'm referring to.
The irony when you say feminists went overboard when the reaction to said feminists is perhaps the most overboard thing in this situation.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Yes, women did not appreciate their bodies being used as a sexual aesthetic novelty and objectified (yet again) by men and asking for an apology is going way overboard. I agree. How dare they demand the control of the perception of their bodies, or even control of their bodies at all.

Also, people contributing to society deserve to be excused from every offensive thing they do, not that balancing the biggest social imbalance of thousands of years of history is contributing to society because it has nothing to do with space.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yes, women did not appreciate their bodies being used as a sexual aesthetic novelty and objectified (yet again) by men and asking for an apology is going way overboard. I agree. How dare they demand the control of the perception of their bodies, or even control of their bodies at all.
meanwhile kim kardashian does a photoshoot full frontal. yep totally not objectifying women at all. not to mention the guy's shirt was MADE by a good friend of his whose a chick.

Totally.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
meanwhile kim kardashian does a photoshoot full frontal. yep totally not objectifying women at all. not to mention the guy's shirt was MADE by a good friend of his whose a chick.

Totally.
No one has said that that isn't also an issue and objectification (and in fact there have been many talking about it, Tina Fey actually had a really funny but serious comment about it) but the difference is that her full frontal was a choice she made as an expression of her own womanhood, which she felt empowered by doing. It isn't a trivialized cartoon puff that has made the generic woman's sexuality into a novelty for men to own and show off casually on their own person. Just because it was made by a woman doesn't mean it's suddenly acceptable.

Also I'd like to point out this "It's okay because I have woman/homosexual/minority friends" excuse is a joke. Having close relations to a demographic that is constantly discriminated against does not absolve you of any offence you create by your own actions.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Totally.
How is that objectifying women? It is Kim trying to express her own sexuality/feminity, totally fine.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
How is that objectifying women? It is Kim trying to express her own sexuality/feminity, totally fine.
Yet SJW's bitch and moan about the media's portrayal of women? People harp the fuck on about the media and photoshopping women's body and the effects on the body image on millions of girls. But hey, Kim K gets a pass because "its her body." Well it's Dr. Taylor's own body and he should wear whatever the fuck he wants.

Crobat: I'm saying his FRIEND made a SHIRT for him and decided to wear it and the friend thought it was nice of him to PROMOTE her clothing. Dr Taylor is essentially the opposite of the stereotypical nerd, he's extrovert as fuck given the amount of tats he has. That shit looks like its from the movie heavy metal or 80s glam sci fi.

If the scientists was a female and had a shirt with half naked buff dudes you think anyone would bitch? It's a fucking shirt get over it. Feminazis has essentially hijacked a conversation of what is one of HUMANITYS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS IN SPACE and talk about a fucking shirt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...made-me-cry-too-with-rage-at-his-abusers.html

The mayor of london is SPOT ON with this article.

Why was he forced into this humiliation? Because he was subjected to an unrelenting tweetstorm of abuse. He was bombarded across the internet with a hurtling dustcloud of hate, orchestrated by lobby groups and politically correct media organisations.
And so I want, naturally, to defend this blameless man. And as for all those who have monstered him and convicted him in the kangaroo court of the web – they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Yes, I suppose some might say that his Hawaii shirt was a bit garish, a bit of an eyeful. But the man is not a priest, for heaven’s sake. He is a space scientist with a fine collection of tattoos, and if you are an extrovert space scientist, that is the kind of shirt that you are allowed to wear.
As for the design of the garment, I have studied it as closely as the photos will allow, and I can’t see what all the fuss is about. I suppose there are women with long flowing hair and a certain amount of décolletage. But let’s not mince our words: there are no nipples; there are no buttocks; there is not even an exposed midriff, as far as I can see.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Yet SJW's bitch and moan about the media's portrayal of women? People harp the fuck on about the media and photoshopping women's body and the effects on the body image on millions of girls. But hey, Kim K gets a pass because "its her body." Well it's Dr. Taylor's own body and he should wear whatever the fuck he wants.

Crobat: I'm saying his FRIEND made a SHIRT for him and decided to wear it and the friend thought it was nice of him to PROMOTE her clothing. Dr Taylor is essentially the opposite of the stereotypical nerd, he's extrovert as fuck given the amount of tats he has. That shit looks like its from the movie heavy metal or 80s glam sci fi.

If the scientists was a female and had a shirt with half naked buff dudes you think anyone would bitch? It's a fucking shirt get over it. Feminazis has essentially hijacked a conversation of what is one of HUMANITYS GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS IN SPACE and talk about a fucking shirt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...made-me-cry-too-with-rage-at-his-abusers.html

The mayor of london is SPOT ON with this article.
There's a difference between a woman owning her body and doing with it what she likes (yes, which may mean she will do something sexual and revealing with it because women are also capable of being sexual and revealing voluntarily, which is how they should be doing those things) and having the image of your body plastered over the media, merchandise, etc beyond your own power and control.The reason it matters so much is because women become subject to physical (and sexual) violence, are demeaned and expected to be the scantily-clad novelty that men are capable of owning and flaunting around thanks to the normalization of their sexuality on petty things like clothes. It means they aren't taken seriously as individuals because others are so used to seeing them as a novelty that they perceive them as just that. I don't see what the issue is with trying to reclaim something so basic as the control of the image of your body.

I agree that the conversation was hijacked, and regrettably so, but if they did make this much noise the problems would never be resolved. It's not the fact that it's a shirt, it's what the shirt symbolizes.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I seriously can't remember the last time white knighting got some one laid.

Don't really get why people do it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)