Games & HSC (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Has anyone here managed to complete there HSC with great marks whilst playing daily video games? Just curious as i want to know how big an impact online gaming makes to studying.

bangladesh

HSC
I started playing LoL DURING the hsc.. like the ACTUAL HSC exams.. good way to relief stress :D BUT DONT DO IT

deloving

HSC
Your question is basically asking "do people do anything besides sleeping, eating and studying?". If you're into sport, spend time doing it. If you're into games, go play the games you love. If you like watching movies, watch as many movies as you can. But do it so it doesn't interfere with school too much. I mean not too much, because it should interfere with school to an extent, as both the things you love doing and school are important.

tl;dr If you can control yourself, go for it.

iStudent

HSC
I know of people who got 99+ atar while playing 30min-1hr a day. so sure you can. so long as it doesn't get out of control
I personally watch anime for 1-1.5 hours a day. and I'm managing well :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I've cut down on serious competitive gaming, which requires a lot of hours to play otherwise you are screwed :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I couldn't handle it in year 11, so I gave it up on the last day of the term 3 holidays before year 12.
Ranks went from bottom 10 --> top 10

But yeah, everyone is different.

matchalolz

HSC
i actually have this theory with games, and I haven't completed my hsc but have been getting decent marks so far

whenever I binge game for 1-2 hours, i feel guilty and so I study really hard to make up for it. then after i've studied hard and feel tired, i play more games to relieve my stress. however, before when I used to stop myself from gaming, I would study only half willingly because the rest of my brain would be thinking about how much i want to game. the result of this is a whole day spent studying, but in reality, not much gets done because i'm not using my full capacity.

in conclusion, please do whatever it is to release your stress, it will make you a happier and less stressed individual, capable of getting better marks

2xL

HSC
I quit before HSC (end of year 11) and it worked for me. I think it is good to not have that distraction. I play games quite regularly now and definitely it affects my ability to study for uni exams. So yeah, I'd say quit.

choiyokbao

HSC
nope. well maybe but during HSC I just studied for most of the day and then played games at night

britaker

HSC
I usually do work until ~7:45, after that it's basically relaxation/game time for me :D
Following and during exams though I do work a lot more; until 9-9:30ish.

enoilgam

HSC
You can have a life outside of the HSC, you just need to get the balance right in terms of study and relaxation (too much study is a bad thing). So go for it I reckon, you just need to make sure that it doesnt become too much of a distraction.

suika

HSC
I started playing league in March, ending up screwing myself over and wasting so many hours over the game that it interfered with my school work. I would spend my weekends playing league without studying, and I'd hate myself for it. I think the main reason why I was playing league was to escape reality. I hated going to school, I kept getting crappy marks and I was just tired. All I wanted to do was play league.

For me, once I get into something it's hard to get out or break the habit. I ended up uninstalling all my games as a result and I've done much better school work wise this past week.

Like everyone else said, you need a break, do something fun in moderation. Going out with friends is literally the best thing for me when I need a break, because afterward I come back with a refreshed mind and proceeding to complete any study. Whereas if I watched a movie or play games, I let myself continue doing that to fill up the satisfaction and boredom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)