GAMSAT & Dentistry at USYD (1 Viewer)

brianphamm

HSC
Can anyone confirm if B Oral Health at USYD would help me pass the GAMSAT? If it doesn't, then I see the best way of getting into the graduate dentistry program is by doing Science (Adv) or Science (Med) as they help with GAMSAT. Please confirm, or just have a chat about dentistry ;)

planino

HSC
GAMSAT is basically the UMAT for graduates, it isn't specifically dentistry related. However, apparently science grads have an advantage so you're better off with a science degree I guess. The oral health degree may help with the dentistry course itself, but the science degrees will probably help you more with the GAMSAT (and to some extent at least with the dentistry degree as well).

Apparently dentistry has plenty of biology, barely any physics and some chemistry as well so this may help with choosing your majors if you wish to tailor your science degree for the dentistry degree (but do what you like since the dentistry course has no assumed knowledge if I remember correctly)

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
Can anyone confirm if B Oral Health at USYD would help me pass the GAMSAT? If it doesn't, then I see the best way of getting into the graduate dentistry program is by doing Science (Adv) or Science (Med) as they help with GAMSAT. Please confirm, or just have a chat about dentistry ;)
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking about, but I wanna get into med.

such_such

HSC
For GAMSAT you also need credit/distinction averages

But your actual bachelor degree gives you no advantage

planino

HSC
Ah crap, apparently the dentistry degree has a prerequisite of BIOL1003 (or equivalent) as the bare minimum or something like that

Sorry for the false info

Johno23

HSC
N/A
For GAMSAT you also need credit/distinction averages

But your actual bachelor degree gives you no advantage
Incorrect. You do not need a credit/distinction for the the GAMSAT (whatever the hell that means). If you're are trying to articulate that you would need AT LEAST a credit/distinction average in your undergraduate degree to be competitive, then yes, that is correct.

brianphamm

HSC
Would anyone know if we could take up extra chemistry and biology courses that cater for 1st year stuff? Kind of like bridging courses or similar.

elv09

HSC
Stop asking questions that you already know the answer to, OP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)