Gay marriage insidious and dangerous, says the Pope (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
None of those individuals did so because of their catholicism, they did it because of their own personal faults. No catholic doctrine or teaching inspired this.
You can argue that celibacy contributed to the pedophilia of those clergy.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
None of those individuals did so because of their catholicism, they did it because of their own personal faults. No catholic doctrine or teaching inspired this.

I was talking about pedophilia but you still remain wrong. The bible did not descend down onto the altar at Saint Peters; Which writers should be included in it remains a heavily debated topic amongst both clergy and laity. The pope is bigoted because he himself is a bigot, the paragraph in Romans which no doubt you refer to is interpreted differently by thousands of clergy, thousands others question whether the works of Saint Paul ought to be in the bible at all. The pope is not one of those people because he wants homophobia to be immoral. You are the most deluded of all if you truly think the Church's current stance on homosexuality will endure the century.
I'll start going to church again when the church takes real action on child abuse and changes its illogical stance on queer people. Until then...

Garygaz

HSC
I'll start going to church again when the church takes real action on child abuse and changes its illogical stance on queer people. Until then...
so you're faith is based on the ministers rather then the teachings?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Rabbi_Bob

Banned
HSC
So.. whats the point of this thread? Why are you turning against the pope? He is only the messenger.
The bible specifically calls Homosexuals abominations. But like christians usually do, they just chose to ignore what ever makes their religion appear 'less barbaric'.
Atleast the pope is being honest, unlike the rest of the catholic hypcrocrits.

Scorch

HSC
So.. whats the point of this thread? Why are you turning against the pope? He is only the messenger.
The bible specifically calls Homosexuals abominations. But like christians usually do, they just chose to ignore what ever makes their religion appear 'less barbaric'.
Yes, I agree with you. I think I may have pointed that out in this thread; when the only way to make your Holy Book seem relevant in the modern day and not barbaric and violent is to just work out excuses to ignore parts of it outright without consideration of its implications, then there is something severely wrong and completely not 'timeless' about said Holy Book.

jiratic

HSC
the stupid is so thick it hurts:
THE BIBLE WAS NOT WRITTEN IN ENGLISH, stop quoting a translation of a translation of a translation.
Reliable scholars have pointed out there was no word for 'abomination', and that the bible is not at all clear in its condemnation of homosexuality *see debate about non vaginal sex in a biblical context.

You bible thumpers dont even bother to examine the limited integrity of a bastardised book, yet you base your whole world view on it.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
the stupid is so thick it hurts:
THE BIBLE WAS NOT WRITTEN IN ENGLISH, stop quoting a translation of a translation of a translation.
Reliable scholars have pointed out there was no word for 'abomination', and that the bible is not at all clear in its condemnation of homosexuality *see debate about non vaginal sex in a biblical context.

You bible thumpers dont even bother to examine the limited integrity of a bastardised book, yet you base your whole world view on it.
umm excuse me, clearly the most authoritative version of the bible is the KING JAMES VERSION. Which is in ENGLISH.

So if English was good enough for JESUS, it's good enough for me.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Another non-religious person making an idiot of themselves by attempting to bag out a religion they don't even understand.
I was raised a catholic and went to a catholic school, I know more about catholicism than you could ever hope to learn in your lifetime.

bazrah

HSC
I was raised a catholic and went to a catholic school, I know more about catholicism than you could ever hope to learn in your lifetime.
Yet you say something completely irrelevant to papal infallibility as a Pope has only spoken in ex cathedra once since the doctrine was first declared in 1870. No doubt you most certainly did go to a catholic school. The religious education you received there would have been most likely below par which is most likely what has resulted in your confusion about papal infallibility. Yes, I'm sure you know a lot about catholicism . . . . .

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yet you say something completely irrelevant to papal infallibility as a Pope has only spoken in ex cathedra once since the doctrine was first declared in 1870. No doubt you most certainly did go to a catholic school. The religious education you received there would have been most likely below par which is most likely what has resulted in your confusion about papal infallibility. Yes, I'm sure you know a lot about catholicism . . . . .
Catholic clergy like little boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)