General Discussion on the 2005 HSC marks/UAI (1 Viewer)

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
I'm going to ask someone close to check my UAI for me on saturday morning. If its above a certain point (which I'll tell them) then they can tell me, and if it isn't I can just be kept blissfant and ignorantful.

ioniser

HSC
sly fly said:
I should feel obliged to let him see my results before I do because I saw his results before he did...... :rolleyes: lol

as i said apply for sms right now and dont tell him ,it only costs a dollar

sly fly

HSC
^ he's borrowed my phone for the time being too grrr lol

VQ

HSC
Hoa...I'm not going to sleep...It's 6:00 in Syd so prolly it's 2:00 here in Jakarta, thx to time-difference that I can still hav sleep after 3:00 (HOPEFULLY I CAN STILL HAV SOME SLEEP AFTER SHAKING ALL NIGHT!!!)...

I have to cancel all the courses I get in the morning I guess...can't stand it!!!!

It's kind of 12 hrs and 39 mins that my heart is thumping already!
:S

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
sly fly said:
I'm really reallyyyyy nervous, scared, excited, anxious<<<<<just a whole bunch of mixed feelings really.......and my bro isn't making it any better by telling me he's gonna record me on the video camera tomorrow morning when I look at my results :(
My sister is so lame. She's overseas and she was like tape yourself when you're getting your marks, and talk to the camera like its me. Hahaha.

I think I am going to be alone, then i'll tell the rest of my family.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I completely forgot we get our results tomorrow, haha. Doesn't really mean too much to me, thankfully.

Good luck to you all!

HSC
N/A
Even if you are alone, try to have a phone handy (landline's cheaper). You'll likely want to talk to SOMEONE after seeing your results, whether they're better or worse than what you expected :)

Valeroso

HSC
ztrask02 said:
I'm going to ask someone close to check my UAI for me on saturday morning. If its above a certain point (which I'll tell them) then they can tell me, and if it isn't I can just be kept blissfant and ignorantful.
Hahaha, that's an awesome idea, but if it's low, I don't think I'd really want others to know. Damn me for possessing a slight sense of vanity! As for what I'm going to do, I'm going to do another all nighter! I'll be on MSN freaking out, having random moodswings at my entire list (cause there will also be other all nighters around the state - Yay) - then get my results at 6.00 AM. :) If they're bad, I go to sleep and sleep my woes over, if they're good, I call all my friends, wake them up, and boast like I've never boasted before.

As for the UAI, if it's quite bad, instead of saying what I got, I'd just tell them "I'm not going to Uni - that's all you need to know!" - then I'll go and lock myself from the world for the next couple of days to cope with my angst and newly uncalled for depression. :)

Oh, and crap...Christmas is next week also.. :\

HSC
N/A
Jayphen said:
I completely forgot we get our results tomorrow, haha. Doesn't really mean too much to me, thankfully.

Good luck to you all!
Oh gawd, reminds me.

I get my UNI results tomorrow.

*mutual panic*

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
glitterfairy said:
Even if you are alone, try to have a phone handy (landline's cheaper). You'll likely want to talk to SOMEONE after seeing your results, whether they're better or worse than what you expected :)

I've got #hsc for that :D

DeanM

HSC
it does say 'from 6am' .. so were not all going to get them at 6am on the dot.. what does everyone think will be the latest time we will receive them, via sms?

HSC
N/A
Valeroso said:
Hahaha, that's an awesome idea, but if it's low, I don't think I'd really want others to know. Damn me for possessing a slight sense of vanity! As for what I'm going to do, I'm going to do another all nighter! I'll be on MSN freaking out, having random moodswings at my entire list (cause there will also be other all nighters around the state - Yay) - then get my results at 6.00 AM. :) If they're bad, I go to sleep and sleep my woes over, if they're good, I call all my friends, wake them up, and boast like I've never boasted before.

As for the UAI, if it's quite bad, instead of saying what I got, I'd just tell them "I'm not going to Uni - that's all you need to know!" - then I'll go and lock myself from the world for the next couple of days to cope with my angst and newly uncalled for depression. :)

Oh, and crap...Christmas is next week also.. :\
These days, there are so many back doors into University that the UAI truly isn't the be-all end-all it's made out to be. One of my friends currently has a back door to MQ, USYD, UWS... it's hilarious! But true!

Look at it this way. If you get the UAI you want, great! You go to Uni via your UAI. If you don't get the UAI you want, great! You go to Uni via other means (non-award, transfer, whatever). It's a win-win situation - for most people, the UAI is just an indication of whether they're going to get in via the "normal" way. But remember - it's not the ONLY way! :)

7th Sign

HSC
probly got killed better start moving my shit out of the house so my parents dont kill me with 30% marks :(

jgeo2000

HSC
12 hours and 15 minutes to go!
im nervous as anything cos i wanna get into uni the easy way cos the degree i wanna do is gonna take 5 years already!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
politik said:
From memory you get them a few minutes before 6am.
In previous years, they've been released an hour or two (sometimes three) early.

With the furore created by that 'hacking' incident last year though, I'm not sure that there will be an early release this time around.

angel_fire

HSC
ok i am so scared... it is just less than 12 hours away and i think i am already going to die.. it is taking forever and i jump every time i recieve a message on my phone... i am a nervous bundle.. how am i going to survive. well i will have to.. i hope they have a early release... Well i wish everyone goodluck.. oh no. another 24 hours until i get my UAI.. this is really mean I am so scared... well i suppose as everyone said i tried as hard as i could so that is all that matters. well i really want to wish you all luck you all truly deserve it...
hope you all survive the night.. i don't think i am going to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)