General Thoughts: Ancient History (1 Viewer)

LoadingUsername

HSC
Much more content in ancient/modern but also much easier to learn
IMO. Histories you need to rote learn facts/historians but the sciences you have to understand, and if you don't pay attention in one class for physics (like I did) the rest of the lessons are like wtf. Fun times ;D

Also aha for that 6 marker I just said how there was more pumice fall on Pompeii and how Herculaneum got hit first :/

starlight-tears

HSC
Hey guys, congrats for making it through the exam. Just one question: for the m/c question referring to which structures have been found at Pompeii and not Herculaneum, what did you guys get? I though it was D) as I believe no temple have been uncovered at Herculaneum; I have know idea. Overall, I found Sparta and Pompeii the easiest, the other two sections weren't too bad but I stuffed up on my expression.
Cheers.
i don't remember this question:(

zhusalmz

HSC
@lina3
was no argument, he conformed followed AII + TIV with focus on hunter pharoah initially (equiv to victory in battlefield maat etc) despite time of peace(ignoring the 1 Nubia campaign) and obviously diplomacy - still portrayed himself as smiter of Asiatics kosno stela victory stela etc then I just spoke about the diplomatic marriages, no show of force in western Asia complaisance in administration then it just got progressively weaker

after my intro I did a paragraph about the Hyksos and Ahmose/Kamose + TIII (would I get marks for that even tho they aren't in our period?)

Lina3

HSC
what did you guys write for the difference on the effect of the eruption on the two cities of vesuvius?
Something along the lines of:
Pompeii: Earth tremors before eruption, rain of pumice in early stages, some of the six surges do not reach pompeii, sixth surge most severe. Covered by 90-110 cm of volcanic material.
Herculaneum: No evidence of seismic activity before eruption, no rain of pumice (just a light sprinkling of dust), impacted violently by the six surges. Buried under 23 m of volcanic material.

maddiestevens

HSC
that was the hardest and most traumatic exam i have been through in my whole life... i don't even think i passed

zhusalmz

HSC
Hey guys, congrats for making it through the exam. Just one question: for the m/c question referring to which structures have been found at Pompeii and not Herculaneum, what did you guys get? I though it was D) as I believe no temple have been uncovered at Herculaneum; I have know idea. Overall, I found Sparta and Pompeii the easiest, the other two sections weren't too bad but I stuffed up on my expression.
Cheers.
I put the one with the forum since it hasn't been excavated.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
was no argument, he conformed followed AII + TIV with focus on hunter pharoah initially (equiv to victory in battlefield maat etc) despite time of peace(ignoring the 1 Nubia campaign) and obviously diplomacy - still portrayed himself as smiter of Asiatics kosno stela victory stela etc then I just spoke about the diplomatic marriages, no show of force in western Asia complaisance in administration then it just got progressively weaker
Lol that's what I talked about, but it was 2.5 pages long... and crap...

aceer

HSC
I enjoy sex.
Does anybody feel like some?

Seriously though, I live in the Blue Mountains and I had no idea how competitive and up tight so many HSC students are... People shouldn't take life so seriously.
hahaha YES, some kids are so determined on getting a 99 atar so they study all day every day and will probably fail to get that, really bitchy bunch of people aswell

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Didn't you say you have a girlfriend?

Also, aren't you meant to be burning in a fiery pit right now?
I do :) Her name is Polly and I love her. My sexual banter is purely for fun.

Funnily enough, my school got evacuated just after my exam yesterday and I could access my school today so BoS made us go. However, of the 8 ancient students only 5 attended... One also left after an hour due to concern about their home.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I do :) Her name is Polly and I love her. My sexual banter is purely for fun.

Funnily enough, my school got evacuated just after my exam yesterday and I could access my school today so BoS made us go. However, of the 8 ancient students only 5 attended... One also left after an hour due to concern about their home.
Most in my school left after an hour because it was too hard... LOL

Mutant Kitty

HSC
hahaha YES, some kids are so determined on getting a 99 atar so they study all day every day and will probably fail to get that, really bitchy bunch of people aswell
People assume that if they don't get a great atar their life won't be good.
There is more than one way to skin a cat...
I have a friend who left school in year 10, he has done an apprenticeship, done some tafe thing, and is now studying engineering. He is 23.
I have another friend got a 70 ATAR. She started in communications and media and then did a transfer over to law half way through this year after graduating high school in 2012.

I mean, try hard and go to school... Study before exams, whatever. But it shouldn't be one's purpose for waking up in the morning.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
my intro was fucking terrible but I think i did around 5ish pages - 8 / 9 words per line
But I put random crap about building programs into it... to show their upholding of ma'at LOOL so full of crap. They're gonna laugh at my response.

starlight-tears

HSC
strong band 6 response/10
Something along the lines of:
Pompeii: Earth tremors before eruption, rain of pumice in early stages, some of the six surges do not reach pompeii, sixth surge most severe. Covered by 90-110 cm of volcanic material.
Herculaneum: No evidence of seismic activity before eruption, no rain of pumice (just a light sprinkling of dust), impacted violently by the six surges. Buried under 23 m of volcanic material.

aceer

HSC
People assume that if they don't get a great atar their life won't be good.
There is more than one way to skin a cat...
I have a friend who left school in year 10, he has done an apprenticeship, done some tafe thing, and is now studying engineering. He is 23.
I have another friend got a 70 ATAR. She started in communications and media and then did a transfer over to law half way through this year after graduating high school in 2012.

I mean, try hard and go to school... Study before exams, whatever. But it shouldn't be one's purpose for waking up in the morning.
+111111111

zhusalmz

HSC
But I put random crap about building programs into it... to show their upholding of ma'at LOOL so full of crap. They're gonna laugh at my response.
it's kind of odd, was expecting question on building programs, had a 1100 rote learned essay on it ready to go kinda bummed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)