General Thoughts: Ancient History (2 Viewers)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Guys, what was found in Pomp but not Herc?

:)

Overall a pretty good exam, but would have lost marks in essay for sure. :p

Mutant Kitty

HSC
aceer, you are 'very liberal'

Interesting...

Imagine an Ayn Rand and Leon Trotzky hybrid... In the form of a cat.
That is meeee, the mutant kittyyyy

asianperson

HSC
My teachers are god dam psychics, everything they predicted of P&H, Peloponnesian war and Sparta was spot on. Apparently it's now their 9th year in a row where they have guessed right.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I just spoke about their roles in the judiciary, religion and military and also some background info.
sounds about right

*Said their political power was not absolute but they fulfilled the following roles:
*Had two votes in major trials.
*Were only two members of gerousia under 60.
*Could appoint officials to receive foreign visitors.
*Issues involving public roads and unmarried heiresses.

Yeah...I hope they accept a wide variety of answers for that one lol
Question: are ancient and modern history both rote-fests?

How much rote memorisation is there in comparison to chem phys?
Nope, never ROTE learned, especially for Modern.

I just guessed the volcanic material one haha
I put Volcanic ash or something shit

HAHAHA +1

I'm stressed because I'm probs gonna get like band 3

You'll be fine :D

Much more content in ancient/modern but also much easier to learn
IMO. Histories you need to rote learn facts/historians but the sciences you have to understand, and if you don't pay attention in one class for physics (like I did) the rest of the lessons are like wtf. Fun times ;D

Also aha for that 6 marker I just said how there was more pumice fall on Pompeii and how Herculaneum got hit first :/
+1

asianperson

HSC
I'm curious what did everyone find so hard about the exam? I thought Caesar, Peloponnesian were really easy. Sparta was okay. Some things in Pompeii and Herculaneum confused me, like that retarded photo question in multiple choice. 79 sounds extremely managable to me. :D

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
lol probs like 79. my teachers said it was the hardest exam there has been so far
More like 65 lols
Aww, it's okay Maddie. I feel you. This is probably my worst Ancient exam this year. And I don't think my rank will save me...

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I'm curious what did everyone find so hard about the exam? I thought Caesar, Peloponnesian were really easy. Sparta was okay. Some things in Pompeii and Herculaneum confused me, like that retarded photo question in multiple choice. 79 sounds extremely managable to me. :D
I felt like I totally obliterated that B question for Caesar!
I was writing like I would be for history extension/English extension!

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
lol probs like 79. my teachers said it was the hardest exam there has been so far
Really?! I thought it was one of the easiest if not the easiest paper I've seen. However, because of my lack of study, I wasn't able to answer extremely well :p But for the people who had studied I thought the paper would have been amazing.. Maybe just for my topics?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I know for a fact that the Augustus section was total anal and will be happy with like 10/25

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Really?! I thought it was one of the easiest if not the easiest paper I've seen. However, because of my lack of study, I wasn't able to answer extremely well :p But for the people who had studied I thought the paper would have been amazing.. Maybe just for my topics?
Your topics brah

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
Haha guess so :p My cohort was literally so so happy afterwards. My topics= P+H, Pericles (Personality), Athenian Society in the time of Pericles

maddiestevens

HSC
well, my teachers said pompeii and herd and also historical period to death of thut 1V was the hardest. Also did anyone find Hatshepsut a) really weird? I only wrote a page...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)