General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
For the human rights thing, I just related it to current Aboriginal standards and how they need to be improved and yadayada...

laila09

HSC
CRAP -.-

Is that what human rights is ?

I wrote about racial discrimination, elderly people and aboriginals.

SO SCREWD x(

Not neccessarily but they are good topics to talk about. Basically all you were being asked was what problems there are in todays society regarding peoples human rights being defied and how you could solve this.
Elderly people would have worked If you have talked about an elderly persons human rights being defied and talked about which rights had been defied and how to solve this. Euthenasia would have worked well there were they dont get to choose their right to die.
I think your responses seem like they are alright. You are focusing on discrimination stopping humans from having their rights, so I think you shall be fine.

sfernando

HSC
How did everyone go in their maths exam.... I think i would get a band 5 coz the MC was easy and only didnt get that last question of the B part!!

laila09

HSC
Aboriginals may have worked if you were clever. However I somehow dont think its what they are really looking for. Aboriginals previously had their human rights defied with assimilation and the stolen generation etc etc. but this was already solved with self determination and reconciliation etc. etc.
What exaclty were you saying was the issue with Aboriginals?
The health issues is good however you did have to make sure you were talking about current issues and not already solved ones.

Last edited:

spriinkles

HSC
for the RAP question i wrote that the student could make an environment group and get petitions signed by residents also lobby the local council etc... it was quite easy yet unexpected

zxreth

HSC
how retarded was the source question in the history paper?? i mean were we meant to write about the use of sources or abt migrants??? :S i just said historians can use recounts, images and statistics :S would i be right??

for the question on the dams in the geo paper i said group actions include signing a petition and having a community meeting with a local council respresentative in it to show how much they disagrees. would i be right??

thanks.

HSC
Uni Grad
i know for history we sis the womens movement so i just put as a primary source germaine greers the feamle enuch and waffled from there
I put like immigrants, and use primary sources such as humor from ethnic comedians, peoples opinions of their livehood, etc...

HSC
oh shit... looks like I screwed up..

omg for the 2nd last question of the history exam... wtf was how can historians use sources to depict their experiences or some shit...
Haha that one got me, too. I was like: what the hell?! And ended up writing about what they might use the sources for, forgetting I should have probably written which sources they would have used... oops.

The long response for Geo completely threw me off: We'd only had one lesson on it, with our teacher expecting us to know stuff from history. Because, clearly, we learn about human rights in history??
I just wrote about government organisations and NGOs and policies in regard to human rights. Goodbye band 6 :[

laila09

HSC
how retarded was the source question in the history paper?? i mean were we meant to write about the use of sources or abt migrants??? :S i just said historians can use recounts, images and statistics :S would i be right??

for the question on the dams in the geo paper i said group actions include signing a petition and having a community meeting with a local council respresentative in it to show how much they disagrees. would i be right??

thanks.
I sat the school certificate a few years ago and I agree that this years history source question was rather bad. However it is on the syllabus so it just sucks that it had to be this year for you guys!

shaily

HSC
CRAP -.-

Is that what human rights is ?

I wrote about racial discrimination, elderly people and aboriginals.

SO SCREWD x(
ohhh i wrote about that stuff too cos that was we did for human rights like i didn't remember it properly but i made up stuff regarding racial discrimination and stuff.

i am screwed too.

laila09

HSC
lol no
sorry
i meant
i couls only think of anzus
not seato
when i had that in my mind all day
Prreettyy Sad
That really sucks, But considering thats the only thing bothering you, you must have done pretty good.

hul0

HSC
how retarded was the source question in the history paper?? I mean were we meant to write about the use of sources or abt migrants??? :s i just said historians can use recounts, images and statistics :s would i be right??

For the question on the dams in the geo paper i said group actions include signing a petition and having a community meeting with a local council respresentative in it to show how much they disagrees. Would i be right??

Thanks.

i think you would because i did the same ;)

what did you get for the 1st geo question like what season was it

i put summmer probably got it wrong

and the bearings in short answer was it around 283 degrees

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Haha that one got me, too. I was like: what the hell?! And ended up writing about what they might use the sources for, forgetting I should have probably written which sources they would have used... oops.

The long response for Geo completely threw me off: We'd only had one lesson on it, with our teacher expecting us to know stuff from history. Because, clearly, we learn about human rights in history??
I just wrote about government organisations and NGOs and policies in regard to human rights. Goodbye band 6 :[

bahaha...
i ended up saying that they could read books or interview women liberationists and femininists like germaine greer

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
For the human rights thing, I just related it to current Aboriginal standards and how they need to be improved and yadayada...
the human right thing said
how we can what u call it
it basically said strategie we can inform people or some crap aswell
i just wrote what is was first then examples being used on people
and how we can tell people about the human right BS yeh

whteva :D

spriinkles

HSC

at first when i read the question about what season i was like wtf how am i supposed to know
but then i realised the chart was dated 22 january up the top
so i was like SWEEET

zxreth

HSC

i think i put autumn :S not sure though

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
What did everyone write on the question about the Research action plan and the dam?
btw.. on that dam question.. anyone know the answer to it? i had no clue what to write, and seeing as im already fed up with exams and it was our last one i simply wrote "if the individual or group action is against the proposal they could petition or lobby against it and protest with catchy slogans such as "Reject The DAM Plan!" or "I Don't Give A DAM!" " x]
from my previous post about answering that question lol :p

silence--

HSC
haha.

did anyone notice in the first geo mc question (what is the season on this climate graph or something) there was a DATE?

lol owned >_>

eh it was a pretty good test. some of the questions were really weird :x like the source one...hopefully band sixes =]

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
oh yeah one thing
i was choking at reading time
i swear i was going to faint b4 the exam
lucky they let me get water :D
And I was busting for 2 hrs
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)