General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
DNA replication is important in maintaining health as well as passing genetic material onto offspring. However sometimes they may be replicated incorrectly due to mutations and this creates new alleles hence creates variation. Then I went on stating how variation is important for evolution and gave an example just to back it up.
Omfg nooooooooooooooo. I wrote about cloning, fml.

eat_well

HSC
DNA replication is important in maintaining health as well as passing genetic material onto offspring. However sometimes they may be replicated incorrectly due to mutations and this creates new alleles hence creates variation. Then I went on stating how variation is important for evolution and gave an example just to back it up.
Thank goodness. I thought I was completely wrong about mutations because my friends were going ...why would you talk about that?

jax447

HSC
got question 1 wrong legit. transgenics isn't a process it's a bloody field. stupid BOS

kentonite

HSC
Thank goodness. I thought I was completely wrong about mutations because my friends were going ...why would you talk about that?
O CRUD i talked about How mRNA shttttttttttt and how they make proteins fukk

eat_well

HSC
O CRUD i talked about How mRNA shttttttttttt and how they make proteins fukk
Did you relate it to evolution though? I think they would be generous enough to give you a few marks if you included variation somewhere.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
DNA replication was the only way for genetic material to pass, and so evolution was a "mutation"....shiz about miosis etc...
I didn't have that. I only had the mutation thing and I gave an example...
Will I loose marks?

MsSalSa

HSC
Did way better in my trial!

Hated teh communication section(5 marker on fish/insects enough said!)
I felt like that was the worst question of the paper. I personally thought it wasn't worth a 5 mark question.
Does anyone agree?

MsSalSa

HSC
I pretty much said the same thing, except I added the theory natural selection and a brief description of it

desmol

HSC
Agreed, especially because they already asked about two animals in another question

eat_well

HSC
I felt like that was the worst question of the paper. I personally thought it wasn't worth a 5 mark question.
Does anyone agree?
Completely. I think they made it 5 because they needed it to add up to 100 and had to place a few extra marks somewhere. Throughout the question I just kept asking myself...why is it 5 marks? Is there some really big thing I'm missing?

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Reasonably good test, but wasn't that enjoyable since they didn't put anything on the body's defence like 2nd and 3rd line of defence (since I enjoy it).

RishBonjour

HSC
got question 1 wrong legit. transgenics isn't a process it's a bloody field. stupid BOS
exactly what I thought. but the others didn't make sense lol fkn translocation

overall. easier test than 2011. Just hoping the marking guidlines doesn't rape me.

Also, took much longer then expected. didn't get to revise even once. took the whole 3 hours.

I saw the clonal selection and had a feeling a lot of people would leave it out.
(luck I researched the guy last month)

eat_well

HSC
Reasonably good test, but wasn't that enjoyable since they didn't put anything on the body's defence like 2nd and 3rd line of defence (since I enjoy it).
I was hoping for that as well :(.

MsSalSa

HSC
I put down that the xylem had cell walls :/ I had no idea tbh haha
I hate how they put so many of these types of 'elimination' questions. I understand that they had to make it challenging but I feel like it was too much, especially this question it was impossible for me to find out.
I was thinking
a) phloem cells are located in vascular bundle - well xylems are too
b) phloem cells have cytoplasm - all living cells do, but dead cells don't. And aren't phloem walls made out of dead cells? Not sure..
c) Xylem cells are located in leaves - they are in stems
d) Xylem cells have cell walls - all plant cells do don't they?

I still don't know the answer.....

MsSalSa

HSC
I thought transgenics was the answer..... Isn't it? Like BT Cotton is a transgenic species, as well as super salmon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)