General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

jess134

HSC
thought it was pretty easy! only number 18 in multiple choice i had no clue but the rest was fine. I wrote 9 pages for extended response and 8 for the report.
cheeeerinnn

shakky

HSC
Re: Not hard?

Question 26
One ethical - Sugging, Legal - Misleading advertising
One Financial issue(high amount of accounts receivable/low account receivable turnover ratio)--> two strategies were Discount and factoring
Communication system to improve E.R -Grievance procedures (neg, med, conc, arb), team briefings, worker participation.

BOOM, hoping 15+/20.
Yes!!! I did the same thing, but i called team briefings, team structures (epic fail!!) I realised like 5 minutes after pens down. LOL

Mazman

HSC

Not particularly hard overall. One or two short answers were abit tricky but the business report and extended response questions were not bad.

Last edited:

Bored as brew

HSC

It is actually pretty accurate, however you have to put in your HSC mark not the raw mark you think you got. If you think you got 75% raw, then that would align to somewhere in mid 80s (going off last year's data that said 82% raw went up to band 6) put that into the calculator and see what you get for your ATAR mark equivalent :)
thats crazy, where did raw mark of 80 align to last year?

where did u get that info as well? private message me the link or whatever ?? :)

Exotic

HSC

Did anyone answer section 4 in report format?

payal01

HSC

Which question did you guys do for the extended response? 27 or 28?
I did question 28, i found only I and another person attempted this question in my business studies class. Everyone else did question 27

barbernator

HSC
I got totally owned

I got smashed by this exam, especially the extended responses. My study did not focus on the correct areas of the syllabus. Anyone who did the exam feel the same?

iallan

HSC
N/A
Re: I got totally owned

No, It was a really straight forward exam.

MadGold777

HSC

I got abosulety smashed in the extended response but the first two section of the paper I did really well, about 17/20 for m/c and about 34/40 for short answers.

And then I came across the extended responses :S

Managed to write about all the necessary points, but it was just crap!!!

Probably get 13/20 for Q.26 and like 10/20 for question 27!!!
Yuck!

araboy

HSC

Yeah, i smashed the MC, report and short answers, but when it came to the Extended response i died a little.

barbernator

HSC

I got abosulety smashed in the extended response but the first two section of the paper I did really well, about 17/20 for m/c and about 34/40 for short answers.

And then I came across the extended responses :S

Managed to write about all the necessary points, but it was just crap!!!

Probably get 13/20 for Q.26 and like 10/20 for question 27!!!
Yuck!
Don't worry, im sure your marks will be better than you expect :), i dont even do business studies, just posted for a bit of a lol

barbernator

HSC

Good luck in english tomorrow and thursday? i only have Math and MX1 thats all :)

kalibali

HSC

I was absolutely relieved with the test, I thought I lost a few marks in question 27 though as I forgot all my case studies and had to make them up, I also thought I lost abit in the last question of section 2, but overall i was happy with it :)

hamishg7

Premium Member
HSC

what would a raw mark of 90 align to?

x3mattyboii

HSC

It wasnt too bad besides the extended response, i had some dodgy handwiritng and lots of crosses lol. but i had most of the info which was okay, every other section was done pretty well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)