General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Out of pure curiosity, if i am ranked #1 i am not effected by the performance of my cohort right, like 7 people left early
Your internal mark will be the be highest mark of the exam today, so no not really. If you get the highest exam mark you will receive your own mark.

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
It's alright i guess not as hard as my Trial which I got 65%. I hope I got 70+ also the majority of my predictions were correct.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
they probs didn't use the data correctly - we were given jan opening balance and people probs only calculated feb closing balance to answer the question (I did that initially and was like OMFG NO IT'S NOT RIGHT and then did it again)
i got 10k as well :)

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Out of pure curiosity, if i am ranked #1 i am not effected by the performance of my cohort right, like 7 people left early
7 people only? That would be amazing with my school. I'd say out of the 70 kids sitting the test, 30 of them were gone when they finished the 2hr minimum stay. I don't think they'd drag me down too much though since I'm ranked 12 and the top 10 in my school are top shit getting band 6's

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
7 people only? That would be amazing with my school. I'd say out of the 70 kids sitting the test, 30 of them were gone when they finished the 2hr minimum stay. I don't think they'd drag me down too much though since I'm ranked 12 and the top 10 in my school are top shit getting band 6's
Ah man! I feel your pain

I ranked 22/97 this year compared to last year where I was 6/101. I'm hoping my externals end up impacting my internals and allow me to get a b6 for business.

trungduong12

HSC
Ah man! I feel your pain

I ranked 22/97 this year compared to last year where I was 6/101. I'm hoping my externals end up impacting my internals and allow me to get a b6 for business.
What raw mark u reckon u gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hahahah omg lyk 10 people left in our grade

I was barely finished on section 3 :/

trungduong12

HSC
Im thinking i got 16/20 + 35/40 + 18/20 +16/20 = 85 raw
Srsly i could have got 100% for MC
But i dont think someone who was cramming the whole biz content in one night can be able to do good in the exam !!!

Lol

I regretted for not studying properly !!!

Missed out my band 6 >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaia_

HSC
I'm also wondering... So my rank is 6 out of like 65 people and my teacher said top 10 should get band 6.. But i think I'll get around 77-83 hsc mark. Will I stuff up everyone else or something??

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
We had around 31 people sitting the test. While around 7 walked out, its generally looked down upon so i'm 90% sure that at least another 10 where just sitting there doing nothing. Didn't have time to look because i was writing the extended's when this was happening

Last edited:

nat2609

HSC
Overall the exam wasn't too bad, however I did find some of the multiple choice challenging? Like for 20) I forgot how to work out the owner's equity for the gearing... Now I remember but it's TOO LATE

Edited: I completely forgot what a debenture was as well, I think I put C (reduces financial risk or something?)

Last edited:

jer3m

HSC
N/A
I don't think that the cohort will drag you down much unless you are ranked like 20/40 for example. If you are in the top 25% of your cohort you should be reasonable fine and your mark will be moderated up based on what school you go to.

In saying that would anyone have a clue what this raw mark would be equivalent to, 14/20+32/40+16/20+14/20= 76/100 = 76% raw, this would get me a band 5.. right? It would be nice if it did since in gen maths I probably am around 50% got 11/25 for mc.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Overall the exam wasn't too bad, however I did find some of the multiple choice challenging? Like for 20) I forgot how to work out the owner's equity for the gearing... Now I remember but it's TOO LATE
It was on the page lol

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I don't think that the cohort will drag you down much unless you are ranked like 20/40 for example. If you are in the top 25% of your cohort you should be reasonable fine and your mark will be moderated up based on what school you go to.

In saying that would anyone have a clue what this raw mark would be equivalent to, 14/20+32/40+16/20+14/20= 76/100 = 76% raw, this would get me a band 5.. right? It would be nice if it did since in gen maths I probably am around 50% got 11/25 for mc.
76 raw should scale to an Band 5 ez based on raw marks database

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Are you sure? I don't remember reading it, all you got was current/non current assets/liabilities?
I think you had to work it out with ALOE
Yeh haha it was on there. Don't worry though, i didnt read the opening balance question and forgot to add $5000 to the january opening and the question about casual work/part time/full time male, I read the question wrong and did the opposite of what it wanted. gg 3 marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)