General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

alyssaajadee

HSC
in relation to the employer association question... an employer association is a stakeholder of human resources so is not listed on the syllabus to actually know it? Don't understand why people are going on about it when it is the most basic influence on human resources to remember?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
in relation to the employer association question... an employer association is a stakeholder of human resources so is not listed on the syllabus to actually know it? Don't understand why people are going on about it when it is the most basic influence on human resources to remember?
Picking up the 3 marks was generally easy and i think a lot of people posting would have done it. People are freaking out about how you had to actually identify one, not many people where ready for that (i know i wasn't, dropped a mark in that part)

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Im thinking i got 16/20 + 35/40 + 18/20 +16/20 = 85 raw
Some what similar mark allocation

but 20/20 for mc hehe

What raw mark u reckon u gonna get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
High 80s might scrape a low 90.

Especially realising that i kind of stuffed up my extended response. I mentioned e-marketing as a strategy -_- even though it is a marketing strategy in the real world according to the hsc it isn't... :( this is what getting 3 hours of sleep does to you haha

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Some what similar mark allocation

but 20/20 for mc hehe

High 80s might scrape a low 90.

Especially realising that i kind of stuffed up my extended response. I mentioned e-marketing as a strategy -_- even though it is a marketing strategy in the real world according to the hsc it isn't... :( this is what getting 3 hours of sleep does to you haha
I don't think you'll get marked down for doing e-marketing. I referenced it in advertising as e-marketing is past of advertising. Also did global branding and customisation, packaging, opinion leaders.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Srsly i could have got 100% for MC
But i dont think someone who was cramming the whole biz content in one night can be able to do good in the exam !!!

Lol

I regretted for not studying properly !!!

Missed out my band 6 >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I pretty much done it in one night as well, besides some revising in the holidays. However, I do love business in general though which makes learning concepts easier for me and fun :haha:

Picking up the 3 marks was generally easy and i think a lot of people posting would have done it. People are freaking out about how you had to actually identify one, not many people where ready for that (i know i wasn't, dropped a mark in that part)
Yeah do agree with you on this. I had to result to making a hypothetical one :haha:

jer3m

HSC
N/A
What would you need to get 3 marks, I basically filled up the lines and made up an employer association and talked about how it protect employers, and also ensures that if employees don't follow rule or are unproductive choosing not to work employers have to right to take action, etc.

bawsaq47

HSC
umm, will you get a 0/20 after realising that you didnt even answer the extended response, yet wrote like 6 pages :'(

nat2609

HSC
Yeh haha it was on there. Don't worry though, i didnt read the opening balance question and forgot to add $5000 to the january opening and the question about casual work/part time/full time male, I read the question wrong and did the opposite of what it wanted. gg 3 marks
Nooooo my eyes failed me, I didn't even see it. Oh that sucks, don't you hate that? What was the answer for that one anyway? I couldn't decide between part time and full time male?!

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
What would you need to get 3 marks, I basically filled up the lines and made up an employer association and talked about how it protect employers, and also ensures that if employees don't follow rule or are unproductive choosing not to work employers have to right to take action, etc.
I defined what an employer was and how it was a counter party for employee unions. Also mentioned that the provide advice, negotiate and lobby governments to favour employees and industries.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
umm, will you get a 0/20 after realising that you didnt even answer the extended response, yet wrote like 6 pages :'(
If you talked about the right things you should get 6+ even though you didn't fulfill the requirements of the question to the extent they would of liked.

jer3m

HSC
N/A
How is this possible :eek: what did you write 6 pages about if not the question. I'm assuming you wanted to write about the promotional strategies that a business uses?
I know that the MAXIMUM you can get without using case studies to answer the question is a band 4, so if not answering the question max mark is probably like 8 or something. Check the marking criteria :eek:

jer3m

HSC
N/A
What did you all talk about for global factors?
Language barriers, different legal compliances/laws, currency fluctuations, logistic costs of warehousing/transporting. I think those were 4 I talked about.

Bongos

HSC
I spoke about the global factors dot point in operations...is this wrong? Can I get any marks

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Well I don't know what the global factors dot points are but Im guessing their fine but to get full marks I'm sure you would have to atleast mention global economic outlook, logistics/transportation/warehousing and legal compliance with overseas regulations

kaia_

HSC
I spoke about the global factors dot point in operations...is this wrong? Can I get any marks
no your correct! The question was asking for global factors from operations.

MadLife

HSC
Well I don't know what the global factors dot points are but Im guessing their fine but to get full marks I'm sure you would have to atleast mention global economic outlook, logistics/transportation/warehousing and legal compliance with overseas regulations
Global economic outlook =global market influence from finance, logistics/transport/warehousing = supply chain management and legal compliance = mentioned all over the place as an influence. Not quite sure as to how they are global factors as opposed to the operations dot point "global factors"?

jer3m

HSC
N/A
Global economic outlook =global market influence from finance, logistics/transport/warehousing = supply chain management and legal compliance = mentioned all over the place as an influence. Not quite sure as to how they are global factors as opposed to the operations dot point "global factors"?
So it's pretty much the same thing with slight different wording. So whether you followed the syllabus dot points or talked about it in the way I did it is right both ways. Global factors is a very broad topic and the dot points would not cover it alone imo since I don't think it talks anywhere about currency fluctuations however this is a very important global factor affecting finance. I just hope the marker likes 5 pages and give me a 17

Bongos

HSC
Yes ! I saw that and that's why I asked the question! Thank god i was right. They made me paranoid. I think I did extended wrong tho :/ I linked like promotional strategies saying that is enhances it like " advertising and pr" I didn't talk about everything separately. How many marks would I lose ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)