General Thoughts: CAFS (1 Viewer)

Yaya93

HSC
Thank god :O I wasn't the only one!
And for part C where it asked about the 3 most suitable structures of work ... I wrote about - work from home, shiftwork and fulltime permanent work.
What did you guys write? And don't you think the question would have been easier if they would have given a scenario where the children were of a really small age so we could have said career break etc to take time off for caring for the child ?
I wrote about full time, part time (cuz the kid could work) and casual. And i wrote about how work met the needs using the acronym 4s2cfle. Not sure if you guys used that, but its the memory aid we were taught. I think it would've been easier if they gave us a more detailed scenario. Like that the kid needed to go to soccer practice of an afternoon or something.
Over all it was a good exam. However, with the equity question i wrote about how gay and homosexuals are discriminated against which i realised after i should've used the aged but i didnt have time to swap. Also, what did you write for the social and legal implications?

cpwincess19

HSC
I wrote about full time, part time (cuz the kid could work) and casual. And i wrote about how work met the needs using the acronym 4s2cfle. Not sure if you guys used that, but its the memory aid we were taught. I think it would've been easier if they gave us a more detailed scenario. Like that the kid needed to go to soccer practice of an afternoon or something.
Over all it was a good exam. However, with the equity question i wrote about how gay and homosexuals are discriminated against which i realised after i should've used the aged but i didnt have time to swap. Also, what did you write for the social and legal implications?
Me being the biggest retard, I forgot to even revise social and legal implications :(
I had to think back to this time last year when we did an inclass assessment task specifically on this.
I talked about anti discrimination aact (which i think is wrong :() and I also talked about legal age for adopted child to change name which is 12 years etc
For social I talked about like how it might not be socially accepted (gays and lesbians adopting) and also interacial adoptions where dark people adopt caucasian babies and vise versa. That's literally all I wrote though :/ What else should have been added?
And what did you guys write for the sample data and bias question??

Yaya93

HSC
Me being the biggest retard, I forgot to even revise social and legal implications :(
I had to think back to this time last year when we did an inclass assessment task specifically on this.
I talked about anti discrimination aact (which i think is wrong :() and I also talked about legal age for adopted child to change name which is 12 years etc
For social I talked about like how it might not be socially accepted (gays and lesbians adopting) and also interacial adoptions where dark people adopt caucasian babies and vise versa. That's literally all I wrote though :/ What else should have been added?
And what did you guys write for the sample data and bias question??
Dont worry, i didnt either. I didnt expect it to be in there. Luckily i do legal studies so i wrote about the adoption act and how kids have to give consent if they are over the age of 12. I also wrote about how parents have to be assessed to make sure they can meet the childs needs. Then i wrote about how the child has the legal write to know their biological parents. I also wrote about gay and lesbiens being able to adopt. But i didn't have any idea, I left it til last.
I defined what each was and i said that they influence the results and that if they aren't obtained properly they may be incorrect and stuff.

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
Dont worry, i didnt either. I didnt expect it to be in there. Luckily i do legal studies so i wrote about the adoption act and how kids have to give consent if they are over the age of 12. I also wrote about how parents have to be assessed to make sure they can meet the childs needs. Then i wrote about how the child has the legal write to know their biological parents. I also wrote about gay and lesbiens being able to adopt. But i didn't have any idea, I left it til last.
I defined what each was and i said that they influence the results and that if they aren't obtained properly they may be incorrect and stuff.
same-sex couples can't legally adopt? I think there's a bill, but not legislation just yet..

dannielle_93

HSC
Yeah the answer for mc question 20 was C, i'm 100%. But i forgot the question but yeah i remember looking back at that question repeatedly and i knew it was C :)
But yeah equity :/ for that question I wrote about the homeless people and how they do not have access to resources due to financial problems, low self esteem and stuff ? Can someone please correct me or tell me if , what I wrote is wrong? Thanks!
20) which of the following needs is most satisfied when a person is provided with access to affordable housing?
answer is D) Financial support. My teacher was pretty certain it was D.

dannielle_93

HSC
I thought multiple choice was alright. This is what i got:
1 D
2 D
3 C
4 C
5 B
6 B
7 D
8 C
9 C
10 B
11 D
12 B
13 D
14 C
15 B
16 A
17 D
18 B
19 A
20 C (a bit unsure about this one)

Let me know if you thought otherwise! :)
I got the same as you except got D for 20. :)

coralie1994

HSC
I got the same as you except got D for 20. :)
yay got exactly these answer with the exception of 20 - i put D and for 7 i actually put A because isnt random selecting a certain number of the representative population, giving each individual an equal chance of being selected? Sorry if im wrong ... which i probably am on that one lol

smartalec

HSC
lol trust me. it's the post code one. what you said coralie is stratified - it was in the general math paper. if you choose everyone by post code it's random. they chose a random way of choosing people, like picking out names out of a hat. it was process of elimination A was stratified and D was systematic I can't remember what b was but it wasn't that either, leaving C as the leftover answer.

dannielle_93

HSC
yay got exactly these answer with the exception of 20 - i put D and for 7 i actually put A because isnt random selecting a certain number of the representative population, giving each individual an equal chance of being selected? Sorry if im wrong ... which i probably am on that one lol
haha who knows heaps of people I know said D and heaps said A so I guess it was one of those questions where people were drawn between the two haha.

dannielle_93

HSC
lol trust me. it's the post code one. what you said coralie is stratified - it was in the general math paper. if you choose everyone by post code it's random. they chose a random way of choosing people, like picking out names out of a hat. it was process of elimination A was stratified and D was systematic I can't remember what b was but it wasn't that either, leaving C as the leftover answer.
yeah pretty sure postcodes is right, in my text book it says that systematic is a more precise method of random sampling and had the example of choosing every 4th student etc which is why i was lost aha.

coralie1994

HSC
haha yeah I wasnt too sure about this one so you must be correct :) but for 20, I'm pretty sure it was D?

smartalec

HSC
yeah, I did D as well. the only reason I chose it was because it said AFFORDABLE housing. but yeah. a dodgy question. People would have done sense of identity because of belonging haha, but im not sure. all the options for that question were pretty dodgy!
what did you guys write for modifications?

coralie1994

HSC
I doubt I did the modification right and I only vaguely remember what i wrote but Im pretty sure I wrote about introducing more training/education service and more epmporary accommodation or something like that... probably wrong :/ what did youp put?

smartalec

HSC
im not 100% sure about the training - it depends how you wrote about it, but the more temporary accomodation could work. For example, the aged may have ramps/railings to prevent falls (enabling health needs and physical wellbeing to be sustained) or the youth may have concession cards to alleviate various costs due to them generally being at school and only taking on part-time/casual work, therefore meeting financial support needs bla bla bla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)