General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

bhatman

HSC
I included all of them, it's not like they'll deduct marks. I didn't see the 'in a sequence' part though, so sad right now. I was thinking there wasn't much work for 5 marks there!
I think they actually can deduct marks, because it was a capitalised ONE. Like English, when they specify one related text I don't think it's smart to talk about two

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I think they actually can deduct marks, because it was a capitalised ONE. Like English, when they specify one related text I don't think it's smart to talk about two
It just adds to my explanation. My teacher is a HSC marker and he was relieved I out in all three, it just illustrates the point. They don't take away marks for including extra equations, they just might not award extra marks.

bhatman

HSC
It just adds to my explanation. My teacher is a HSC marker and he was relieved I out in all three, it just illustrates the point. They don't take away marks for including extra equations, they just might not award extra marks.
...but it literally said ONE in capitals. It shows that you haven't read the question if you use more, and it wouldn't be fair to other students who adhered to the question. If it didn't specify one I would've written at least 3

HSC
N/A
oohh I liked that one

Process A was a nuclear reactor, producing a neutron rich radioisotope which undergoes beta decay... and then like you have to talk about how nuclear reactors work and stuff
Process B was a linear accelerator/cyclotron, producing neutron poor radioisotope, and then you just mention how its bombarded with high speed positive particles, why the particles have to be high speed, what a cyclotron/accelerator consists of etc
Basically, this+the 7 marker on industrial = gg chem. And the multiple choice, where I lost 3 marks for no reason. Literally no reason.

2xL

HSC
Had a look at shipwrecks, easy apart from the 7 marker. I expect the 7 marker to be marked leniently though. So don't worry all you Shipwrecks people out there.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
haha okay then that works :)

but yeah ofc like theoretically say you were to get a 2/3, they wouldn't give you extra marks because you wrote another equation. kind of like english if you write about 2 relateds when they ask for one
Yeah, exactly, I think they just wanted to make it clear you didn't need to put all the equations in to get full marks, one was enough. But yeah it just demonstrates what's happening quicker than writing does, and I was running out of time and opted for that instead.

Thank_You

HSC
Can someone explain why Q8 is B?
The question asks when TEMP decreases, as we see, looking at the graph as T decreases, pH increases. If pH increases, that means there must be less hydronium concentration looking as pH=-log[H+]. For LESS hydronium ions, HA should be ionised less (as more ionised acid = more hdyronium).

Hence B

HSC
...but it literally said ONE in capitals. It shows that you haven't read the question if you use more, and it wouldn't be fair to other students who adhered to the question. If it didn't specify one I would've written at least 3
You wont get marks for writing more equations.

In fact, it's risky writing more than 1, what if one of them is wrong. You lose marks.

I think they won't deduct marks if you've written more than one question provided they are correct.

Nor will they award extra marks for extra equations

bhatman

HSC
You wont get marks for writing more equations.

In fact, it's risky writing more than 1, what if one of them is wrong. You lose marks.

I think they won't deduct marks if you've written more than one question provided they are correct.

Nor will they award extra marks for extra equations
ughh if only I was a little off the rails and wrote more than one equation

2xL

HSC
Can someone explain why Q8 is B?
It says what happens when temperature DECREASES, not increases. When temperature DECREASES, pH increases, this means that the acid is becoming less acidic. The equilibrium would be set up as shown:
HA <=> H+ + A-
If pH increases, that means equilibrium is SHIFTING TO THE LEFT.
If that's the case, that means the acid is coming LESS ionised and H+ concentration must be decreasing.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
bhatman I think I know you; I've seen you on the train is that the name also on your school jersey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)