General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

shannan94

HSC
I loved it, im feeling pretty confident because I didn't really stumble at all throughout the exam. Found the questions pretty straight forward and easy, especially Hamlet which was much easier than last year.

And unlike Monday, I actually put together decent essays with apt evidence to support my points so im hoping for some solid results :skip: fingers crossed!

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
fucken killed it expect History and memory, forgot half the shit! oh well, no more english ever in my life, thats a win in it self.
hopefully get: mod a: 17+/20 mod b: 18+/20 and mod c: 15/20

Demise

HSC
Wrote:
Module A - Blade Runner and Frankenstein: 6-7 pages
Module B - Harwood: 6.5? pages
Module C - Smithsonian: 5.5 pages

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty funny that the elective history and memory did not mention the term 'history and memory' in the question, but it was an alright question anyway.

Hamlet was pretty nice, i thought. Seemed as if you could link it to most prepared essays/themes

Great Gatsby/EBB poetry was where i stumbled a bit, since the questions typically relate to how context has shaped values etc, but this time it was focused on literary techniques.

Overall, not too bad

beegee

HSC
I think it was really easy for anyone who memorised an essay to manipulate it to fit both Hamlet, Franken-blade, but maybe not so much for History and Memory for the Smithsonian Website

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
I did 2 related for Mod C and mod b

shongaponga

HSC
"I was so glad the speeches essay specified Bandler. I had heaps of quotes memorised and felt totally prepared! Thank you board of studies!" - Said no one fucken ever.

Apart from that, it was alright.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Look it was a fair exam - I only got thrown out by textual form for Great Gatsby and EBB
But Module B (speeches) was good
Module C (Julius Caesar) was alright

HSC
Mod A: frankenstein/blade runner- 6
Mod B: speeches- 5
Mod C: Julius Caesar- 6
I don't understand how people can write like 10 pages in the exam/section!! Like I heard someone who wrote 15 pages. Even with big handwriting, how is it possible?!? I memorised bits of my essay and I'm pretty sure I wrote at least 1000 words for Mods A/C. How can people write more that that??? Wouldn't there arms fall off or something??
But don't worry, teachers are saying is was a pretty hard exam, compared to previous years..so don't stress too much. Somebody just told me. if u find it hard, so will the majority of the state :)
How many pages did everyone write? I don't think I managed my time very well :(

Meshy590

HSC
Mod A and C were fine....MOD B: WTF
Luckily I had prepared some stuff on Second Coming...but I wouldn't call that 'detailed reference'....and they didn't even print the poem....good job BOS

ZacMac

HSC
I liked Module B (Cloudstreet) and Module A (W;t and Donne) but I was fucked by Module C (Julius Caesar).

Hoping for 15/20, 14/20 and 10/20.

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Great paper, although the Frankenrunner question was rather stupid; still smashed out the essay quite well.
Specified poem was the one I studied the most - winning.
Generic History and Memory question was good.

Much better than paper 1.

Last edited:

Roscosmos

HSC
Module B - Hamlet was a really good question. It fit well to everything I thought/knew about the module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)