General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
Lol... that was the hardest exam to date my opinion....

For mod B people doing speeches.. don't worry we will get scaled up (since it wasn't as straight forward as hamlet since it did not specify a section {i think})

:)

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Pretty happy tbh. Hopefully I did well but effing YES- english is over. Not going to think about it again lol

Artemkin

HSC
Sooo much better than AOS in my opinion. The specified speech was the one I prepared for, so that didn't throw me off.

onedaysnotice

HSC
I THINK I REDEEMED MYSELF FROM PAPER 1 :DD 90+ may be possible now xD

Mod A: Frankenstein/ Blade Runner -- alright, but hardest of the three imo. Hoping for 16-18
Mod B: Hamlet -- Since I winged it, I bullcrapped my way through it. But overall, a pretty good question. Hoping for 15-16
Mod C: Ted Hughes -- Piece of cake. Hoping for 19-20.

lisarhhh

HSC
worse fucking exam ever :( got fucked over so bad in module b speeches T_T there goes my atar !

RishBonjour

HSC
Pretty happy tbh. Hopefully I did well but effing YES- english is over. Not going to think about it again lol
ppl in my school rolled out of the exam hall.

over all not a bad paper. LUCKY I LOOKED AT BANDLER LAST NIGHT.
Mod a - was okay, different from previous years, but sort of hoped for something different.
Mod c was generic (only essay I had memorised - lucky)

Just happy I finished it and FKING FINISHED ENGLISH.
(hope they can read my hand writing)

EDIT:
forp speeches, what did you guys do bandler with?

NBGHHS

HSC
I went well in Frankenblade and Hamlet, but mod C raked me over the coals.
Managed my time efficiently with first two modules but took longer for the third and ended up not being able to include a conclusion for which when the supervisors said pens down i just wrote in large letters "CONCLUSION HERE" :p
how much do you get marked down for missing a conclusion?....:(

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
I hated that they specified At Mornington for Harwood. That was the one I studied least/not at all... I made up so many quotes. Julius Caesar was a bitch but mainly because I blanked out and forgot quotes from my related text... and Frankenstein/Blade Runner was pretty easy, I hope.

shannan94

HSC
You have mirrored my exact thoughts. Feels like a weight off my back

miranda94

HSC
I was shocked when i saw that they were specifying 'At Mornington' with no extract for Gwen Harwood! i was under the impression that if they were to specify that they would provide at least a stanza. My teacher said its the first time since 1997 that they've done that. I hadn't studied 'at Mornington' in detail, however i think i managed it well considering! still thought it was a little harsh, as the top 5 of my advanced class, including me were advised not to study 'at mornington' because its too common.

although we were meant to have studied all poems, realistically it still became a slight game of chance, those who had studied the poem in detail now have an advantage over everyone who didn't, somewhat despite academic ability

mike12345678

HSC
the paper was alright.

mod a - frankenstein and blade runner it was not bad but well wait and see how well i referred to the question
mod b - hamlet - i dont know if i answered the question well
bod c - fiftieth gate pretty hard question

eat_well

HSC
I didn't finish module C. I only wrote 1/4 of a page on my related text and the question was quite simple as well :(.
So depressed right now...

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Mod A: FSBR was fine, ended up saying something along the lines of both differences in textual form and context enhanced interest
Mod B: Harwood was fine, luckily At Mornington was one of my main poems
Mod C: didn't finish Caesar, still had half a paragraph and the conclusion to go :'( So so so so disappointed that I didn't finish. Will probably be capped at 13/20 because of that :(

arrogant

HSC
I honestly thought it was an ok paper. My texts were Birthday Letters, RIII and Cloudstreet, and I felt that for the most part it was a pretty decent set of questions. I believe the Cloudstreet question was deliberately asked in such a way that it was meant to be confusing, but once you got past that I felt it was ok

HSC
Out of the speeches I decided to glance quickly..was the one they chose :L Bullshitted through my whole essay...Left it to last and had a mind blank..
Frankenstein and Blade Runner and History and memory were pretty alright :) i hope...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)