General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (2 Viewers)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
The Board of Studies are so cruel for their specification of speeches.

By the way, this year's question kind of ruled out a couple of speeches and limited you to talking a few of them only.
Not really.... you could interpret time and place as context

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
Got 75/105 in the CSSA trial.... and I'm pretty sure I wrote a lot better this time 'round.... but I'd hazard a guess that my internal mark is like high 70s at best because I went shit throughout the year, so I hope I sneak in a band 5.

Module B was aids.
Module A wasn't too bad.
Nailed Module C.

RayRay

HSC
For me around 6-7 words per line, so probably around 14-1600?

Edit: 13-1600
Oh gawd, no wonder. I write 13 words per line.

Got 75/105 in the CSSA trial.... and I'm pretty sure I wrote a lot better this time 'round.... but I'd hazard a guess that my internal mark is like high 70s at best because I went shit throughout the year, so I hope I sneak in a band 5.

Module B was aids.
Module A wasn't too bad.
Nailed Module C.
Lol everyone complaining about B, I loved it. I hated A though.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
For Hamlet? While the demands of the rubric concern what you have stated, the question asked for an exploration of how time and place shapes corruption within the play, not how it directly makes the text transcend time.
I actually wrote about characterisation being influenced by the Elizabethan time and Danish royalty as a place, which thus conveys different notions of corruption. Example- Hamlet's inability to kill Claudius which is expected of him from the Shakespearean audience, allows for corruption to continually occur in the place of Denmark.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Module B would have been great fun if it we weren't doing Slessor's poetry. (Or any of the other poets)
I did Slessor's poetry. My whole cohort loved the question as it was basically the same as both our trial question and in-class essay question.

RayRay

HSC
I did Slessor's poetry. My whole cohort loved the question as it was basically the same as both our trial question and in-class essay question.
I would love if my teacher worked in the group of the select few who write the paper ;)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Is it usually around there every year or was this paper easier/harder?
It's around there every year. I'm just assuming the trend stays the same. However it does somewhat depend on how your individual texts scale as well.

RayRay

HSC
I couldn't have asked for a better question for Caesar.

or maybe its my super-essay structure that enables me to answer any question posed.

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
Walked out of there feeling like I absolutely smashed it!! Get home, retread the questions, discover:

Module A - Frankenrunner. I talked about ambition for every sentence but seemed to completely miss talking about the audience response. Also wrote in third person.

Module B - Harwood. Mistook 'enduring' for 'endearing' and talked about how the value of relationships changed within Sharpness of Death (innocent schoolgirl infatuation contrasted with the sexual nature of her relationship later in the poem). And how the value of the relationship with speaker's father changed in F&C

Module C - haven't discovered anything I did wrong.. Yet. However this has also been my worst scoring module.

Yeah fucked. Someone comfort me <3

Makematics

HSC
I wrote third person for mod A too if that helps :p hopefully i can scrape a C range for it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)