General Thoughts - English Paper 1 2007 (1 Viewer)

fitchicksta

HSC
i wasted over an hour on the first part!!! it killed me and even tho i spent so long i worte like a few lines for the 3 and 5 mark last questions! there was so much to read aswell and what annoyed me was having to flip back and forth from the questions to the text!! i hated it. Good easy questions though and i didnt mind creative writing

williamc

HSC
RedTape said:
Speaking of supervisors...
Ours were quite an odd bunch.
There's the woman who got quite excited while talking about the little pieces of string.
. :eek:
Sticking that bit of string through that hole was felt not disimilar to .... I tell you what, i got very 'excited'

jazzmuzik

HSC
I was overall stoked with the AOS paper

Section 1: was good. pretty general ideas questions and less techniques i thought... text 3 was pretty "flowery" but i interpretted it i think.

Section 2: Perfect perfect perfect stimulus! i just swapped my two main characters genders and i was set

Section 3: ace ace aced it!!! i filled a booklet so yep sweet

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
The supervisors i had were awesome. :D

Really helpful and they didnt make anyone wait.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
i was a bit lost when the man gave me a booklet and threw a string at me .. was guna say .. why the hell`s he throwing his scraps at me =__=" ?!

but anyway.
anything over 30 / 45 for this paper and i`ll be happy. screwed it , dude.
XDXDXD

My supervisors were nice. One bothered to write my centre number on all pages of my answer booklets and gave me extra time after the exam to write my student number on all the pages in the answering booklets I had writing on ^.^

I'd be happy with a pass -.-; Tho band 4 would be nice

br3tt

HSC
The thing is.. anyone can fill up a booklet.

It's if you have answered the question and what you write that counts.

Master Sword

HSC
To the people who wrote 7 pages for Section I, what on earth did you write? You must have written whole page responses to the one mark questions than can be answered in a sentence or two. Seriously, I can understand writing a 1-2 page response for the 5 mark question but there is only so much you can say when answering a question that earns you one mark.

Also, writing 15 pages in 40 minutes is ridiculous. A marker is not going to want to read through a fifteen page long essay which rambles on about things which have either been said earlier or are irrelevant to the question. A 4-6 page essay which answers the question and is to the point will likely earn you a better mark than a 15 page essay which answers the question but rambles on for pages. There comes a point where it's just wasted effort.

Last edited:

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
I thought the exam was a fairly good exam =]
My Essay and Creative Writing fit perfectly =]
Section One however, was a different story...
text THREE WAT THE HELL! (and yes, thats capitals because im yelling!)
Even the few of the kids in my extension2 class thought that sucked!!
I was pretty stoked, filled six exam books =]
I write slightly large, but felt like i wrote a lot and remembered everything =]
I was stoked, cos i freaked that morning beforehand =]

Came first in the trial,
So Hoping the HSC will be okayyy =]
However, have lowered my expecttaions A LOT from lack of study lol !

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
I write slightly large, but felt like i wrote a lot and remembered everything =]

Came first in the trial,
:)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Master Sword said:
To the people who wrote 7 pages for Section I, what on earth did you write? You must have written whole page responses to the one mark questions than can be answered in a sentence or two. Seriously, I can understand writing a 1-2 page response for the 5 mark question but there is only so much you can say when answering a question that earns you one mark.

Also, writing 15 pages in 40 minutes is ridiculous. A marker is not going to want to read through a fifteen page long essay which rambles on about things which have either been said earlier or are irrelevant to the question. A 4-6 page essay which answers the question and is to the point will likely earn you a better mark than a 15 page essay which answers the question but rambles on for pages. There comes a point where it's just wasted effort.
One of my friends filled up the entire 8 pages for Q1... >.>;

Dunno what he was thinking, but meh, he claims he finished the exam, which is better than I've done

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
simonelye said:

Came first in the trial,
:)
Pink much?

2008? :confused:

ziz

HSC
ha! i have to agree with most of the posts here SECTION ONE SUCKED MAJOR donkey balls! text 3 was okay for me. text 2 was the bitch! i was like wtf is this imaginative or physical. i came to the conclusion it was imaginative(cos she is imagining herself to be eyam) i was probably wrong. lol that question on the comparison of 2 texts sucked balls but i managed to get through it!(though i think i waffled a bit :mad1: )
creative story rocked!! but i didnt get to finish!! ohh i was so stirred i had like a paragraph 2 go. but oh well.. the main points and descriptive terms are there!!.. i was stoked with the fact that it was jus a narrative cos ppl wer freakin me out sayin it wud be an interview or some other formatt cos its been a narrative for a few yrs in a row!..... aaaaaaaanywhoo! section 3 rockd my world! i loved it! i wrote lik 13 pages on it! my arm was evidently about 2 snap! but luckily it didnt LOL.

overall im pretty happy with it. though if i could go back, id do the comprehension.. it was so much harder than trials! i got 11/15 for trials and im hopin i get sumfin along those lines this time around. i think ill do tops in the other 2 sections woooooooooooooo!! im so happy its over NO MORE JOURNEYS FOOO EEEVVVAAAA!

haha (soz bout d life story, i get a tad excited)

Last edited:

maninventedmeh

HSC
God, whats with all the pessimism... what do you expect? After looking at the posts on sec 1, you all sound like you haven't read some piece of BS passed off as credible by the BOS! I enjoyed the test, ended up geting in about 12 pages altogether. I also was extremely fortunate to have studied a chosen text that involved a physical journey that was almost an entire unexpected detour GO ME! Good luck to all those who wrote minimal or left out questions YOU SUCK AS MUCH AS THE BOS! LEARN TO BS FOOLS!

jaysean lover

HSC
section1 ...

txt 1 waz easy to understand compared to others

txt 2 waz ok!

txt 3 had no idea!! :O :( [which affected my responses for tat txt]

section 2...

i used the first quote but ran outta time cos i did that last in 10 minutes :(

section 3..

i couldnt relate "unexpected detour" to RPF but i could to road not taken [robert frost] and kiinda to my related txt

overall..not too happy n in the newspaper it waz said tat this years paper waz guna b hard!! accordin to my maths teacher who i bumped into after eng...

i hope paper 2 is aite n they ask us to write in a good form..hate feature article :( cant write 1

GOOD LUCK EVERY1 FOR PAPER 2!! :D:D

xox

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
Hi everyone!

Okay, I am with everyone else here - the reading task was absolutely terrible, it felt like their simple questions were too simple and the hard questions much too hard. I don't know what possessed me to use text three and two for my compare/contrast (I'm kicking myself now)

but I got..
Section 1 - 7 pages (rambly, terrible, I deserve like 8 for this section)
Section 2 - 6. 25 pages (I liked this, it suited my prepared response perfectly - plagarised off my Extension 2 response)
Section 3 - I got 10 pages for Imaginative journeys (it fitted my essay so so well, and I remembered all 28 quotes, I can't believe I remembered so much)

Also, a comment about the number of pages - remember that everyone has different handwriting - different sizes, different spacings, so when someone does 10 pages (like me) and they have huge handwriting (once again, me) its more equal to a normal person doing like 7/8 pages so I wouldn't be judging based on page number alone (also, remember those booklets have pretty big spacings)

thank goodness. We NEVER have to look at journeys again - now doesn't that feel good? Even if we are all brain-dead after the torture of section 1 and text 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)