General Thoughts - English Paper 1 2007 (1 Viewer)

noitall

HSC
i reckon, what the fuck was with that plane metaphore at the end?????????????

andreathedancer

HSC
I thought that the paper was pretty fair overall
I found the last essay question on imaginative journeys to fit really well with my knowledge of the topic :) thank goodness!
I have to agree with previous posters, text 3 was SHIT haha so i just did my best, but im always a bit shotty on language sections anyway...

Now im dreading monday...i hope they dont pull some wierd text type on us. I just want an essay PLEASE! lol

ksammeh

Neuseeland
HSC
Section 1: 12/15
Section 2: 11/15
Section 3: 14/15

Roughly 82% is what I'm aiming for...

I'm pretty sure text 3 was about Australia and how a dude pictured it from his perspective... Which is why the last question was easier to talk about when comparing with text 1 or text 2. But I didn't tackle it, I knew I would have rambled on about absolutely nothing so I used text 1 and text 2 instead. Pin pointed two ideas and reinforced it with techniques. Hoping for the best!

Jemily

HSC
I didn't think it was that bad at all, that said my results will probably be a better judge....

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Was not bad at all. I think I did a fair bit better than in my trial.

My only problem was in section 3 because I didn't get up to my fourth text and I really wanted to use it.

Oh well. Have now thrown out my journeys notes. It felt good.

joels a loser

HSC
i thought the exam had its easy and its hard bits..
Im advanced, so the essay on 'unexpected destinations' was slightly challenging to get started, the wording was hard, but i thought it was ok to find an answer, but i wrote 2 and half booklets, im actually happy with that. Section One was hard hard hard.. blabbered on for a bit..unsure about that one. The quotes for section 2 suited my story so i was happy.. we will just have to wait and see!

doofyduck01

HSC
Everyone hated the prose extract from text three??? I loved it!! it was such a lovely piece of writing, i just wanted to read it all again!! hahaha but yes i think under exam conditions once is enough...

Imaginative Journeys: Unexpected destinations - gift question! they could've gone so much much harder on this whole paper in general, but i think overall it was a nice paper.

Pretty happy with my responses, but won't know till the results. 8 pages for section two and 8 pages for section 3...hopefully it'll have to do!

Now bring on the modules...hopefully they're not too nasty! eeep

nicoledianna17

HSC
It was pretty much as I expected. You really cannot tell how you are going to go with English though. I came third in the trials but, then I can come 20th in something else :confused:

Well I can't remember how many pages I did for section1, I think it was 4 or 5,
Section 2 was 12 - the story is always my best part,
Section 3 was 10, which is good for my essay.

I was happy.

Now for Monday...
Wanting to kill the Gwen Harwood module!!

Abbyruth

HSC
doofyduck01 said:
Everyone hated the prose extract from text three??? I loved it!! it was such a lovely piece of writing, i just wanted to read it all again!! hahaha but yes i think under exam conditions once is enough...

Imaginative Journeys: Unexpected destinations - gift question! they could've gone so much much harder on this whole paper in general, but i think overall it was a nice paper.

Pretty happy with my responses, but won't know till the results. 8 pages for section two and 8 pages for section 3...hopefully it'll have to do!

Now bring on the modules...hopefully they're not too nasty! eeep
I agree, I didn't mind text 3, I liked it more than the feature article. It might have been harder to understand, but it was a more interesting read. Yeah, the essay question was brilliant. Question: how many pages are in each BOS booklet?

Skimo6

HSC
i thought it was extremely staight forward
my essay slotted in extremely well
but i didnt get to write my last word, thats how close i cut it:p
i forgot one word in my damn quote! and remembered it at 2am this morning
"i am correspondant to your command" Ariel *sigh* =(

i found the creative writing hard
the first bit was sleightly...horrible

aw...am i the onlyone who thinks this

overall for that section...i think i will get 63%

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
what i dont understand is how ppl can write 12 pages for each section :S
I said this in another thread, but I think I've worked it out:

Like this

shenzei

HSC
N/A
omg section 1 text 3 was evil

i hope my section 2 saves me, i ran out of time for setion 3 cause i spent too long on my first text (miscalulation of time, i thought i had more time left)

chambershex

HSC
What the hell is wrong with half of the people on this forum? Honestly who are you to judge whether your own piece of writing is 12+ or brilliant or awesome or any other self-promoting words. Look up the word humility, there's an English lesson right there.

On another tact though, I thought the comprehension section (especially text 3) was a lot harder than usual - it was far too over done for year 12 students. I could see studying that in some humanities course at uni or something. I guess it doesn't really matter though because everyone will go worse than usual, and its all relative isnt it?

The other sections weren't too bad (not saying they good for other people). I just happened to be lucky and prepared the right thing...yet another reason why the HSC is an unfair test.

HSC
LMAO.

Ahh, how about I wrote around 12 pages in my whole exam? Maybe 4 for each section?
And let me get this straight, you count how many pages you wrote?

chambershex

HSC
Section 1 text 3 was easy. I wrote 15 pages, all of which was excellent material. Overall I wrote 135 pgs and for part a. III paragraph 2 Alpha I used words like juxtaposition to constast the bombastical eloquence of the comprehension.

Section 1 - 15/15 (worst case scenario)
Section 2 - 14.7899/15 (to four decimal places)
Section 3 - This will actually be submitted to the National Art Museum.

I only studied for 20 minutes before the exam, but I'm awesome so I'll get a UAI of 120.

Mitchell Whyte

HSC
Section one was aight sept for text 3.. as ive read everyone found it hard.. i fully didnt get it hope my bullshit worked haha.. the rest of the test was piss easy.. i did inner journey and wrote 8 pages for section 3.. i had writtin a generic essay and was sooooo easy to adapt to the question. section 2 was good 6 pages n sum fluke story lol

Itchy.Nox

HSC
rubificticious said:
LMAO.

Ahh, how about I wrote around 12 pages in my whole exam? Maybe 4 for each section?
And let me get this straight, you count how many pages you wrote?

Well, you know when you're writing your student number and centre number at the top, some of us can hold at least 3 numbers in our head at once.

But each year the lines are double lined, so halve how many pages you wrote and that's it.

MonsterCookie

HSC
The english teachers at my school thought it was a decent paper. I agree. The AOS was a lot easier than the ones i've been practicing - i liked the last question about comparing the composers perspectives on journeys. It was a good question. Text 3 was okay, but i didn't think the questions fitted it as well as they could have (i'm not exactly sure what Rothwell realised, but i still wrote alot to answer the question - better to write something than nothing at all). The creative writing was pretty good too (i'm just glad i could write a story...i was worried they'd give us something mean). The essay question was okay, but it didn't fit my texts as well as i'd have liked...but i did the best i could with the question (though i would have liked more time to write a better response). I only got to adress one of my relative texts, which is a shame, but oh well. Overall, i'm happy with the paper - it was easier than my trial paper - i'd i should get atleast 12 for each question, but i reckon more for the first two sections atleast. :)
Not looking forward to the modules paper - i hope it isn't as mean as last year's was. Good Luck all, and God Bless.

Äj

HSC
i dont write a full essay for preparation. like, ill do a practice one, just to get how everything can fit together smoothly but the main things i remember is specific points that ill base my essay around. this, unexpected encounters thing was not to bad, just make sure you address the question and give the marker what they are looking for. it also helps alot to have a really strong intro to get their attention. theyve been marking that same question all day, getting the same techniques being proven by the same quotes over and over and it gets quite boring, so make sure to try and make it stand out in some way. and then you win.

HSC
i thought it was a fair paper. There was nothing unexpected.

I thought the first section had a surprising amout of reading compared to other years, not that that was a problem for me I just noticed there was more then what I had practised on past papers. I was happy with both section 2 and section 3- they were broad and allowed me to use all the information/ideas I had. Not to mention the fact that the night before I had a practice question for imaginative journey that was very similar to the exam one- hello prepared response, I think I wrote 11/12 pages for that section. I doubled what I did in trials so I was really happy, and I got 5 pages for CW. Hopefully everything was OK!

I'm not that keen for modules on Monday. Trandformations/Ros+Guil/Hamlet=die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)