General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
I think to one person should be fine, but can't be sure :) If it were me- I would have equated 'attitudes of others" to a society. But then again, that would only suit some texts :)
hsclover what you think of this, I said ones choices to belong can sway an individual's sense of connection one way, and external influences from other people's attitudes can sway further.

I basically wrote how they both contribute, sometimes in opposing ways, to an individual's sense of belonging.

I used dead poets society movie + romulus my father as primary text.

Got dead poets society DVD from video ezy, was totes inspired by my hero Robin Williams :D

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Overall impression: It was 'alright'. I spent a bit too much time on my comprehension + essay :bomb:

kpopism

HSC
asdfghjkl
section 1 - i did all of them but the five mark question and planned to go back to it
knowing that i was going over time
section 2 - did pretty well, though the ending turned out to be a sad ending which was not planned haha
section 3 - for some stupid effing reason i formed this ego thinking that i could write 1300 words in 40 minutes.
nek minut 10 minutes left, hadnt even started my self selected. fml

i think i got -
section 1; 10/15
section 2; 13-14/15
section 3; -1109583209583/15

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
So for the 2 marker about "How is the creased photo important for the speaker's sense of identity" or something, do you think it would still be alright if I didn't explicitly say identity, but instead implied it? I can't remember if I talked about identity explicitly or not, and it's annoying me lol.

blinx96

HSC
Considering that was the question I'd it's right...
For Namesake I talked about Gogol + Sonia's negative attitude towards India preventing them from belonging, and I talked about Moushumi's choice to move to France allowing her to belong as well as Ashoke and Ashima's choice to move to America allowing them to connect with the nation.

hey bro, wasn't the question attitudes of others, not their attitudes?

SuperMike96

HSC
hey bro, wasn't the question attitudes of others, not their attitudes?
Yeah, I didn't explain myself well enough. I meant to say that Gogol's attitude influenced Sonia's sense of belonging and vice versa.

ridwan1

HSC
Overall I'm very happy with the tests structure .....
My creative writing was well suited to number 2 (I recall)
I did the best I possibly could
But tmrw is the big test 3 essays in 2 hours ....
In paper one you can compensate for time as you can cut short your creative writing

But with essays you cannot cut corners
Good luck to all

Randox

HSC
N/A
Overall I'm very happy with the tests structure .....
My creative writing was well suited to number 2 (I recall)
I did the best I possibly could
But tmrw is the big test 3 essays in 2 hours ....
In paper one you can compensate for time as you can cut short your creative writing

But with essays you cannot cut corners
Good luck to all
A fucked qn in module B will give you time on other essays lol

NWO

HSC
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll u are spiritual lol

NWO

HSC
yes, its mostly other peoples attitdues . eg. u feel a sense of belonging due to their optimisistc and positive attitudes displayed bby others. i wrote abit how the protagnist influnced others with his attitude.

NWO

HSC
sht. i had 5 min and didnt write related.

NWO

HSC
question didnt really say places. just attitudes others lol so i wrote only about people l;ike 6 different ppl.

HSC
A bit late but here's how I think I did for Paper 1.

Did the paper in the order II, III, I.

Creative writing was OK, but i'm a bit worried that it was too short and didn't fit the criteria enough. It was just under 3 pages long. Hopefully 12/15?

Essay on As You Like It (Section III) was decent I think, 4 pages long but might not have covered enough key aspects of the book. Tried to fit the question as best I could too with what I had already prepared but it was a bit rusty. Hopefully 12/15.

The short answer (Section I) I always find the hardest for some reason, and I ran out of time about 3/4's of the way through the last question, the 5 marker. Darn. Maybe get a 10-12/15.

Overall i'd say about 75%. Did a bit better in Paper 2 so hopefully that will lift me up to 80.

BagOFyarn

HSC
Does anyone here think that this paper was easier than the other years?

Nezu

HSC
Spent an hour on each of them and didn't bother doing the creative option (which I was under prepared for) because I didn't want it bringing my mark down. All in all, I thought it was easier than I'd expected

Im not sure if you're being serious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)