General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Did anyone remember a creative and have to either ditch it/significantly change it so that it would incorporate communal belonging?

WileyWanimal

HSC
Did anyone remember a creative and have to either ditch it/significantly change it so that it would incorporate communal belonging?
Yes I had roughly memorised a creative but my main character chose not to belong, she was scared of belonging to the community so.... I had to change it around quite a bit. It was still helpful to have some nice descriptive phrases up my sleeve.
wbu? did you ditch it or change it?

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
It's on it's own thread in the Paper One discussion section :)
I changed mine as well. But I still think I didn't refer to communities. Gosh, why communities out of everything they could of assessed us with, they choose "connections with communities". Bs.

Retrosparkles

HSC
If you talked about not belonging to a community for the creative would it matter?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yes I had roughly memorised a creative but my main character chose not to belong, she was scared of belonging to the community so.... I had to change it around quite a bit. It was still helpful to have some nice descriptive phrases up my sleeve.
wbu? did you ditch it or change it?
I didn't have anything memorised, just a rough idea of a character and situation. Had to change the situation a lot, but could use the same scenario (it was about a man who had gone into retirement and felt like he didn't belong anywhere when he left work). Lucky I didn't spend any time developing the storyline and remembering it though, my idea for a plot had nothing to do with belonging to a community!

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I changed mine as well. But I still think I didn't refer to communities. Gosh, why communities out of everything they could of assessed us with, they choose "connections with communities". Bs.
I know it was horrribbllee, especially since it didn't give you the much opportunity to write about not belonging (which was what I wanted to write about!) The question was a lot more prescriptive/specific than in the past imo

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
I know it was horrribbllee, especially since it didn't give you the much opportunity to write about not belonging (which was what I wanted to write about!) The question was a lot more prescriptive/specific than in the past imo
The essay however, was simply perfection and s1 was also great. That narrative was a nightmare come true lel. Anyways, gonna go head onto my work for tomorrow. Good luck guyshhh. Get some sleep too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)