General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
There are currently 62 users browsing this thread. (23 members and 39 guests)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
I hate the people who created section 1.

I didn't like it at all, particularly the structure.
I didn't like question 1a or the 6 marker.

Creative was decent/nice, they were always going to ask a question.

Essay question wasn't too hard or off putting

And i don't think anyone hated the question because then problems would have been created for our school! Obviously word would have gotten out, and to equal fairness of some sort they'd have to do something. Probably alternate task for our school.

That person was going to be after i had finished my essay but im like ceebs need to keep writing.
Clearly =P. Could you please clarify what you mean by his?
Time to cram paper 2.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah I'm really worried I didn't mention belonging enough, I was torn between using the key words of the question ('connections') and our AOS. But I definitely under used belonging, I think I only actually said that word once or twice in my whole essay! I filled the section for the essay, went one page over for short answer, but then only wrote four pages for creative :( And the end to my creative was soo lame and cliche haha
I mentioned belonging quite a bit. A lot of synonyms were used for "connections" though hahaha gg.
what was your creative about? I hope mine captured the communities thing well enough eeeeek

Guys prepare for paper 2 tomorrow. Have a feeling, since belonging wasn't dodgy paper 2 will be.

We almost got an extra 10 minutes (supervisors didn't add 2 hours correctly and instead added 2 hours and 10mins) until someone told them :p

I wrote 7 pages for essay and filled the booklet for creative. Hopefully these 2 sections compensate for my mixed feelings and emotions for the comprehension section.
wow LOL your supervisors...dodgy haha

same, I'm hoping creative/essay makes up for lack of sophistication in section 1. But long creatives/essays don't necessarily mean good marks hahah I think tomorrow is going to be challenging for really popular texts (F/BR .... lord) though.

wallflowerrose

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it was pretty easy...I predicted that the essay would be about identity because they usually rotate the questions every 5 years or so.

narutofire21

HSC
6 marker was easier then 5mrks, it was pretty much 1 paragraph like in a normal essay and we only had to analyse 1 text. Creative & section 3 were clear questions tbh we had it pretty easy this year even though i screwed up #realtalk

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I mentioned belonging quite a bit. A lot of synonyms were used for "connections" though hahaha gg.
what was your creative about? I hope mine captured the communities thing well enough eeeeek
An old guy retires and feels sad because his life had always been his work and he had no friends and stuff but then he went to a cafe and people were nice. 15/15; v deep.

jackimus

HSC
tfw ur 3 mark question answer was longer than ur 6 mark question answer ;-;

jayjays6

HSC
The questions were quite easy to answer and very adaptable but creative was annoying

HSC

wow LOL your supervisors...dodgy haha

same, I'm hoping creative/essay makes up for lack of sophistication in section 1. But long creatives/essays don't necessarily mean good marks hahah I think tomorrow is going to be challenging for really popular texts (F/BR .... lord) though.
haha my paper was constantly filled with techniques and answering the question. I had about 47 minutes to do the essay, so it allowed me to write the extra paragraphs which i originally planned to take out if i had to.

Constantly answered the question, hence why im relying on the essay to compensate for s1.
Also creative i did fairly quickly (33 minutes), my story moulded perfectly, had to tweek some paragraphs and a little extra and it fitted the question

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
haha my paper was constantly filled with techniques and answering the question. I had about 47 minutes to do the essay, so it allowed me to write the extra paragraphs which i originally planned to take out if i had to.

Constantly answered the question, hence why im relying on the essay to compensate for s1.
Also creative i did fairly quickly (33 minutes), my story moulded perfectly, had to tweek some paragraphs and a little extra and it fitted the question
sounds like you had a good time :D i didn't really mould my story bc i was like hm exploring how our sense of belonging to familial community changes due to external circumstances and my person eventually achieves inclusion so brain vomit

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
From the looks of it, the paper seemed alright. The theme of identity was a no brainer in terms of predictions and I think the creative was alright, my story could mould well to the stimulus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)