General Thoughts - Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

snowiie

snowy~~
HSC
Overall, the exam was okay. I stuffed up the natural law question, I totally forgot what it was since we didn't emphasise much in class and I didn't expect them to put it in. I wrote about natural justice too -___-

lucidassembly

HSC
aaclarkcdr said:
LOL another band 1, I dont care if your being sarcastic, if that is the level of your jokes you will get a band 1
Haha one of the best responses to those ridiculous "We didn't have to do 12492940 essays!!??!!11!!?????" comments I've seen :p

I was really happy with the exam overall, but I still want multiple choice to burn in the darkest depths of hell :mad: Family and workplace questions were awesome though! So accessible and broad. The 8 mark of crime was a tad strange... we barely spent any time on types of offences, so I was pretty much just making stuff up :D God, and that bloody Bill of Rights question... it stuffed me in the mini-trial because I didn't think it was important enough to study, and it came back to haunt me! At least I (moderately) knew what I was talking about this time lol.

liam9519

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Pretty easy.

Family was a sinch (legal institutions or changing morals and standards)

Crime was interesting, the eight marker didn't lend itself to much more than two paragraphs (usually I write four) and the E question was pretty straight forward and didn't lend itself much to legislation and cases.

World order was a bitch 'discuss the statement 'without law there can be no world order' - I spoke about how the law was central to world order because it provides the methods that ensure its compliance but also that non legal measures are important too, but that the law also limits world order through its creation of the notion of state sovereignty. - what did you guys write?

The short responses were easy but the multiple choice was fuck hard. What about that one on the action of the govt against the high court? OWTCH DAWG

But what does it matter now?
I wrote like three pages for the 8 marker on crime but fuck that was weird

pauldrummer3

HSC
was alright......essays were good but i reckon i fucked human rights....had 1 argument for bill of rights and 1 opposing lol total mind blank.

does anyone else feel they are losing motivation as the exams wear on? ive got 2 left and im over it!!

cxlxoxk

HSC
i think i screwed up world order, i talked about the fact that international law is based on consensual nature and it didn't matter if there was no law, if there isn't total consensus, then there is no chance for world order anyway! cos legislation is so ineffective at doing what its supposed to (achieve world order) for (a)...the quote one.

jess19

HSC
i seemed to have misplaced my paper. would anybody do me a favour and post it up ?

much appreciated ! x

Muchi

HSC
Pretty good. I'm very happy with most of it. What did you guys put as the features of Legal Aid? Wasn't it just the tests? That's all I put?

Freakin600

HSC
i don't get it - i loved the multiple choice! it was awesome!!
It only took like 2 minutes to do it so i could spend more time on my essays

[and i'm assuming those ppl are joking about that 14 essays thing, but... lol, honestly i'm kind of hoping they're not coz... well seriously ppl it's not like you're thinking the same thing - you want everyone else from other schools to do terribly badly! =P]

Kalashnikov47

HSC
This exam is pretty hard by my opinion... but every time i think I do shxt in an exam, I actually do well... Everytime I think I did well, I do shxt...

So I just hope I do shxt this time...

anyway~~~ Q6 MC just pissed me off...

Extended responses are OK~~~I wrote 9 pages for each of the two extended response~~~(my handwriting is quite small)

uritaliandesire

HSC
It made me Sik!
Especiali the family essay question
and wat was up with that crime list a and B
It was a stinker of an Exam!

MrSlav

HSC
yep ok, overall i think i did alright. the last two essays were very broad and so any info could be used effectively. the one thing which was annoying was crime which had the most random question about comparing the two crimes, like seriously wtf!? multi choice was abit screwed too.

patty4848

HSC
piss easy in my opinion... but depends on the focus studies i guess... one of ours was global environment and that was the easiest freaking set of questions i've ever seen... before my exam, i was aiming for 90+... after i reckon i have a good chance at:
20 - L&S/HR
25 - Crime
23 - Family
25 - Global Environment...

Last edited:

Cabrera1990

HSC
WTF? Is natural law again? i put smthn like: "In the middle ages law derived from a divine power to rule. heavily based on religion, tradition and morality" anybody else do this? :uhoh:

kay90

HSC
i died.
i had biology this morning too.
i died for that too.

Mond

HSC
Overall, the paper was alright. Multiple choice was the most difficult section for me. I was a little bothered when I first saw the 8 mark question from the crime section, even though it wasn't difficult. I just didn't think we would get such a high mark question on something so little in the syllabus. The focus study questions were fair.

I hope everyone does well.

~Natalie:)~

HSC
bruni20 said:
Yeah how do they expect us to do 14 essays!!! i didnt even study world order!
you were only supposed to do one question from each of the 2 topics you studied. Exactly how many essays did you write??

HSC
liam9519 said:
I wrote like three pages for the 8 marker on crime but fuck that was weird
Wow, how'd you get out 8 pages? I just basically wrote:

Public order offences
- Those which occur in the public eye which society deems unacceptable (public urination, intoxication)
- Chucked in an article - Women Bare All For Peace about women stripping in Byron Bay for a protest
- Usually have lower sentences

Economic - crimes against the property of private individuals
- two types 1) white collar - crimes of fraud such as tax evasion or insider trading 2) offences against property - crimes which damage or remove the physical property of private individuals like vandalism, larceny.
- Unlike public order offences have a vast range of sentences depending on the value stolen/damage done
- Unlike public order offences they're crimes against private individuals rather than the collective society.

I think maybe they were trying to get us to cut down this year.

taylor427

HSC
favretd said:
it was a heaps hard exam!!!
they only gave us 3 hours and by the time i finished crime and law, justice and society, i had one hour to do 14 essays! i only finished 8 and i did not even reach workplace!!! arrr

anyways i rekon ill probly hit a mid to high band 5, anyone else with me?
Lol good joke.
14 essays. u wonder if anyone foreal tried to do that

alex991

HSC
Ok im gonna have a winge... wat happened to humility, are we to proud to admit that we might have gotten less than 99... I mean common guys...

Anyway it was a good exam.... ill be happy with anything in the 80's... multiple choice was a dog, especially 6.... Essays werent too bad... gave em a crack n see how i come out at the other end... Good way to end the couse anyway...

So my message is... harden up, admit that u got it wrong... its ok.. ure mum will still love u... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)