General Thoughts - Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

nikita1991

HSC
the exam was soooo awesum! kicked bio's ass...i put 13 as c...hmmm multiple choice suked a lil...dus anyone know the anwers to multiple choice all up...ny1 discuss it with their teachers or sumin'?

nsanchez01

HSC
nikita1991 said:
the exam was soooo awesum! kicked bio's ass...i put 13 as c...hmmm multiple choice suked a lil...dus anyone know the anwers to multiple choice all up...ny1 discuss it with their teachers or sumin'?
yep we went through it with sir after the exam... he told us the answers but i really forget the questions because we werent allowed to take home the question sheet... spewing!
anyway yeah i did include legislation in part d)
but yeeepppp... i can only tell the supposed answers if someone gives me the questions!

timmiejay

HSC
knots&crosses said:
For legal aid, i wrote about a page. Yeh i mentioned the tests. I also mentioned the case of Dietrich vs the Queen and talked about how young offenders recieve legal aid regardless... oh and how it is not a right in Australia. Probably should have gone into more detail about 15 minute consultation and translating and stuff...

I would also like to ask a few questions, for anyone who can answer:
What is "natural law?" as in what did they expect us to write...
Did anyone mention case law, legislation or media in the 8 mark crime question???

thanks
The 8 marker asked you to 'compare' so you had to state the similarities and differences which I didn't too well in. I think 8 marker was the only one i screwed up majorly. However, I didn't put any legislation or media or anything. Just straight out of the syllabus.
For legal aid, you only needed the 3 tests which would've got you the 3 marks. But then again, by showing off gives off a good impression eitherwho.

shakky15

HSC
marinabenyamin said:
yeh i wrote kings cort..casue wansnt it the time of magna carta 1215 that he began the whole idea of developemnt of councils to ensure that their is equity..

i dont wanna chek my answers!! lol so what are they anyways..did u guys come to a decision upon the most probably multiple choice answers..?
i put kings court too... but its definately wrong...

i even wrote 'chancery' on the damn page and still picked kings court WTF

spewing..

but i thought it was sort of a trick question - chancelllor sounds similar to chancery, i thought maybe they chucked in chancellor to catch people out... then i look at the textbook and DAMN! :( multiple choice really did suck the balls though, so many of them had like 2 answers that were mostly correct... i was so confused :(... so i just raced through them to get to the responses, which were dead easy btw

oh and was it a bit weird having a) and b) where you had to turn the page after saying 'petty theft'.. lol.. i was too scared to do that so i wrote like 3 lines on those .. 8 marker was weird.. felt more like a 4 marker so i had to make up some bs.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
MC - 10/15 some of that was gay
HR - 10/10 beautiful questions, even the 'natural law' one.

Crime - 20-23/25

Shelter - 25/25

Family - 25/25

All up, around 90 mayhap.

knots&crosses

HSC
shakky15 said:
i put kings court too... but its definately wrong...

i even wrote 'chancery' on the damn page and still picked kings court WTF

spewing..

but i thought it was sort of a trick question - chancelllor sounds similar to chancery, i thought maybe they chucked in chancellor to catch people out... then i look at the textbook and DAMN! :( multiple choice really did suck the balls though, so many of them had like 2 answers that were mostly correct... i was so confused :(... so i just raced through them to get to the responses, which were dead easy btw

oh and was it a bit weird having a) and b) where you had to turn the page after saying 'petty theft'.. lol.. i was too scared to do that so i wrote like 3 lines on those .. 8 marker was weird.. felt more like a 4 marker so i had to make up some bs.
OMG. I Didnt write each question on a new page... i just checked it now and we had to do it. Is is a big deal??? will my answers still be marked??? Should i tell the school??? ARHHHHH

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
knots&crosses said:
OMG. I Didnt write each question on a new page... i just checked it now and we had to do it. Is is a big deal??? will my answers still be marked??? Should i tell the school??? ARHHHHH
Don't be ridiculous, so long as each part of the question was written in the booklet like a) Speeding and b) Murder it's fine

markers aren't idiots

Only if you put Family questions in a Crime booklet, maybe, because different markers are supposed to mark different questions. That's why you put them in different booklets.

shakky15

HSC
Patar said:
Don't be ridiculous, so long as each part of the question was written in the booklet like a) Speeding and b) Murder it's fine

markers aren't idiots

Only if you put Family questions in a Crime booklet, maybe, because different markers are supposed to mark different questions. That's why you put them in different booklets.
yeh i think your fine.. i think its just one marker that marks all of crime so as long as its all in there it should be marked.. they just ask to make it a new page so that its a bit clearer and you can add stuff later if u forget... just convenience really..

dont stress... lol.. im stressing over that simple multiple choice i got wrong :(.. i better not get 89... i hope i dint just jinx myself.

HSC
my essays were like a stream of consciousness...
im hoping for 95+
but considering multiple choice... freaking kinds court/chancellor's court WTF first time my grade ever heard of such a thing
i blame cambridge

with crime... how did everyone set out the 12 marker? by effectiveness (ie REEPA/RLABO) or by penalties? does it even matter?

Jake22

HSC
i set it out by just choosing some penalties from CHIPP FNG and then assessing the effectiveness of them individually, making reference to RRRID then making a kinda combined judgment in my conclusion.

meh

ALGALELE

Superman
HSC
multiple choice- proly lost 3-4marks......
Crime- i probly forgot 1 penalty lol although i rote a booklet for the 12 marker..so ye thers 2-3 marks gone there
1 mark of consumer- bst esay EVER!
4marks of fam.lol

so ye overall it was aiight...........much better than my trials lol, in my crime section in trials i had 15marks in the crime just on law reform i was like wtf..

Azreil

HSC
knots&crosses said:
For legal aid, i wrote about a page. Yeh i mentioned the tests. I also mentioned the case of Dietrich vs the Queen and talked about how young offenders recieve legal aid regardless... oh and how it is not a right in Australia. Probably should have gone into more detail about 15 minute consultation and translating and stuff...

I would also like to ask a few questions, for anyone who can answer:
What is "natural law?" as in what did they expect us to write...
Did anyone mention case law, legislation or media in the 8 mark crime question???

thanks
I pretty much wrote the same as you for Legal Aid, 3 tests, right to fair trial, increases fairness as children always have right to it, etc...

For natural law I wrote it was the basis of human rights, derived from the bible. It was the first idea that all humans were entitled to some things and these could not be removed by the state...

I think I threw in a piece of legislation (the Crimes Act xD) and one case in the 8 marker, will be interesting to see the marking criteria for that one.

4jess7lov

HSC
hey for a summary offence i wrote swearing in public which is ok..but for indictable i wrote homocide...is that correct or is the actual crime murder??? im confused...i think i got the EASIEST question in the exam wrong!!! :S

Scissors

HSC
4jess7lov said:
hey for a summary offence i wrote swearing in public which is ok..but for indictable i wrote homocide...is that correct or is the actual crime murder??? im confused...i think i got the EASIEST question in the exam wrong!!! :S
Uhh, that's a tough one. I think homicide is more a category of crime rather than an individual example. I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that.

And also, for summary offense, you could have gone for another example because swearing in public is pretty iffy.

Scissors

HSC
Azreil said:
I pretty much wrote the same as you for Legal Aid, 3 tests, right to fair trial, increases fairness as children always have right to it, etc...

For natural law I wrote it was the basis of human rights, derived from the bible. It was the first idea that all humans were entitled to some things and these could not be removed by the state...

I think I threw in a piece of legislation (the Crimes Act xD) and one case in the 8 marker, will be interesting to see the marking criteria for that one.
Hey, for the positives and negatives of a Bill of Rights, how many examples did we need for each?

I had 2 positives and 3 negatives. Do you think I need 3 for each since it was a 6 marker?

alex991

HSC
sillymuppet said:
Is humility your substitute for intelligence ?
Lol no, but i think sarcasm is a distraction from your lack of a childhood... ;)

But its ok, as i said...ure mum still loves u... and welcome to the real world... not everyone does... hahahah have a good one... and study for the next exam.. so u dont have to make up how "well" u went

Azreil

HSC
Scissors said:
Hey, for the positives and negatives of a Bill of Rights, how many examples did we need for each?

I had 2 positives and 3 negatives. Do you think I need 3 for each since it was a 6 marker?
You can't say for sure until the marking guidelines are released. I have no idea what I wrote for that question >> I remember going way over the lines but have no memory of the actual content I got down. 3/3 is the safer way to go but who knows... we'll see soon enough.

Scissors

HSC
Azreil said:
You can't say for sure until the marking guidelines are released. I have no idea what I wrote for that question >> I remember going way over the lines but have no memory of the actual content I got down. 3/3 is the safer way to go but who knows... we'll see soon enough.
Yeah, I was just short on a positive. I couldn't think of an extra one because I stupidly decided to skip over that section of the syllabus. :(

Hey, and I heard they don't mark any writing that goes over the alotted lines?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)