General Thoughts - Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Muchi

HSC
Yes. I don't want to jinx anything. But so far, exams have been mostly a gift.

Aside from the effing multiple choice in this paper. The only thing I expected not to be hard and it just basically raped me. Other than that, Band 6 here the heck I come!

Nic3004

HSC
favretd said:
it was a heaps hard exam!!!
they only gave us 3 hours and by the time i finished crime and law, justice and society, i had one hour to do 14 essays! i only finished 8 and i did not even reach workplace!!! arrr

anyways i rekon ill probly hit a mid to high band 5, anyone else with me?
are you serious?
you attempted to do all of the essays at the end?
what are you an idiot?
your spost to choose 2...

haha u clown

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Nic3004 said:
are you serious?
you attempted to do all of the essays at the end?
what are you an idiot?
your spost to choose 2...

haha u clown
lollollolololololololol

cause, you know, we haven't been prepped on this ALL through year 12 and through trials, and marking guidelines and instructions...

:p

Poor guy. I hope he goes OK anyway.

HSC
Patar said:
lollollolololololololol

cause, you know, we haven't been prepped on this ALL through year 12 and through trials, and marking guidelines and instructions...

:p

Poor guy. I hope he goes OK anyway.

he's a troll
they're everywhere these days

ignore them and they go away

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
trots24680 said:
I think i did ok overall!! Multiple choice was crap, and essays were easy because they were so broad so i had heaps to talk about.

Did anyone else have troble with comparing the two types of crime. I know it is an easy question but i didn't know what to compare and it was worth 8 fucking marks!!!

and has anyone else found that these exams seem to be heaps easier than any other past HSC? Why?

*Good luck everyone for all the other exams* :wave:
i know, ive been really shocked (but happy) with how easy these exams have been compared to past years, i hope the rest of mine continue to be like this (fingers crossed for ancient)

Mind, people in my grade have been saying bio and general maths were tough

Mond

HSC
For the question on penalties, how many marks do you think will be deducted from an answer for not mentioning one of the seven specified penalities in the syllabus?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Mond said:
For the question on penalties, how many marks do you think will be deducted from an answer for not mentioning one of the seven specified penalities in the syllabus?
you mean you did not specify even one? They don't deduct marks, but they cannot give them if you have not given them anything to mark =/

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
ccc123 said:
I think they mean they didn't mention one- i.e they mentioned 6/7.
oh, i see, how silly of me.

In that case, i doubt it would make any difference

imdb

HSC
i thought the exam was great ( excluding multi choice )

but did anyone misread/screw up the human rights section, i wrote about natural JUSTICE instead of natural LAW :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
imdb said:
i thought the exam was great ( excluding multi choice )

but did anyone misread/screw up the human rights section, i wrote about natural JUSTICE instead of natural LAW :(
it crossed my mind for a second but i ended up with natural law. Don't worry, it was only a 2 marker

HSC
That was a great paper.... better than some of my others.... hoping a band 6, but i usually only get a band 5

Yanki

HSC
Muchi said:
Pretty good. I'm very happy with most of it. What did you guys put as the features of Legal Aid? Wasn't it just the tests? That's all I put?
i also wrote that its funded by the state gov and it provides 15 minutes free legal advice over phone and that it aims to improve access to the law, thus improving justice for individuals..
but yea, i think the main thing was jurisdictional, means and merit test.

does anyone remember exactly what the second short answer question asked? it has escaped me.

knots&crosses

HSC
Yanki said:
i also wrote that its funded by the state gov and it provides 15 minutes free legal advice over phone and that it aims to improve access to the law, thus improving justice for individuals..
but yea, i think the main thing was jurisdictional, means and merit test.

does anyone remember exactly what the second short answer question asked? it has escaped me.
for crime or law and society... anway
law and society
-self determination
-natural law
-bill of rights
crime
- summary offence(example)
-indictable offence(example)
-legal aid
-compare types of crime
-penalties.

hope that helps.

guyrenner

HSC
oh god im doing this subject next year...slowly wanting to back out but i will give it a go.:confused:

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
They ran out of questions and stole the b) question of Consumer... lol...from the 2008 Independent Trial for Legal Studies... you are very lucky... against most of us who had the CSSA... you guys could have rote learn the essay question, on moral and ethical standards:)

banj0

HSC
I thought legal exam was heaps easy overall - the essay questions for family and workplace were really broad which was good for me since I didn't study much.

But what on earth was BOS thinking with multiple choice!!! They were so f*%(*. Really ambiguous and disputable. And that 2nd last crime question was weird - I would love to know what any one wrote for 8 marks to compare the types of crime.

iluvGG

HSC
banj0 said:
I thought legal exam was heaps easy overall - the essay questions for family and workplace were really broad which was good for me since I didn't study much.

But what on earth was BOS thinking with multiple choice!!! They were so f*%(*. Really ambiguous and disputable. And that 2nd last crime question was weird - I would love to know what any one wrote for 8 marks to compare the types of crime.
i know!! I would never have guessed for the 8 mark question to be on types of crime!! How could you write 8 marks worth on them. I guess if you had learnt them in detail it would have been okay, but i kind of figured i only needed to know the basics on each in case they asked for a 2 marks question on them. Hope they weren't looking for too much for those 8 marks.

richele.tucker

HSC
hehe
I also found that crime question a lil' hard for 8 marks, so I winged it =]
I chose offences against the state and wrote about anti-terroism laws, and how society impacted on the gov.'s decision, and then chose drug offences, and linked them together..
it's probably wrong, but something's better than nothing :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)