General Thoughts: Legal Studies (2 Viewers)

nbaxter

HSC
I thought that M/C was difficultish - Crime extended was absolutely ridiculous, i actually cried and the exam supervisor took me to the bathroom, and family was pretty alright, i did part A and you could right about a fair bit. then consumers was alrightish i did part a and Human Rights was pretty straight forward.
But now no more HSC exams ever YAYAYAYAY!

rayy_bann

HSC
hey guys!
Overall here are my thoughts:

Short answers: I found it alright!

Crime essay: It was rather open ended. But I ended up talking about the the adversary system, charge negotiation, the role of juries etc. Overall, relatively satisfactory

Family: Done part a, ended up talking about the divorce, legal obligations of marriage, the roles of the family court, FDR, domestic violence as well as the care and protection of children within the 'contemporary issues'. Found it good.

Shelter: Done part a, I wrote about the protection for buyers, leasing (residential tenancies) and the contemporary issues: affordability, discrimination, homelessness. I found it good as well.

HOWEVER, multiple choice was not so good. I found it rather hard. Looking at it again/asking people/teachers etc. I think i'll get 15/20

Overall it was a reasonable test for me, but the multiple choice was not the easiest thing. I think on par with last year? If not harder..a bit? I hope the BOS takes the multiple choice to consideration as well as the fact that the syllabus changed in order for the raw mark for band 6 to be maintained if not a little lower. :)

premiumcbc

HSC
A collaboration of what I got and what my teacher told me:

1) D
2) B
3) A
4) C
5) A (However I thought it was ambiguous because it said Shane was 'waiting' implied he knew so might possibly be B)
6) B
7) B (My teacher said D, but I think because they planned the bank robbery, it is conspiracy as well. I could be wrong)
8) C
9) A
10) C (My teacher said D, but criminal TRIAL process - I thought had to establish a prima facie case first, thus C)
11) C (worst question)
12) A
13) D
14) B
15) B (I think its C though)
16) D
17) A (Strict Liability)
18) C
19) A
20) B

Agree/Disagree let me know

Glorious

HSC
Guys, with the crime question - BOS did a smart move. It also wanted to sift out those who prepeared essays for syllabus dot points - they were testing if you could put down the relevant stuff you've learnt - not just regurgitate everything about one area of CJS.

I reckon it was a good exam. Aiming for 90+, seeing as though for both of my trials (yes my school did 2) i got 91 for CSSA and 93 for independent.

acemusic415

HSC
M.C was pretty tricky, but it wasn't too bad. The crime response was okay - allowed you to write anything essentially.

Stoddart

HSC
This exam was seriously messed up! the crime question was nothing like i've ever read before.. had no clue what to write! basically crapped my way through that hoping that section 3 would pull be back up.. but oh, that was even worse haha the family questions we're both about parents and relationship breakdowns. sigh. all we do in class is same-sex couples haha, and the world order questions.. i don't even want to talk about them haha I failed so bad today D:

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
new syllabus/harder multi choice/weird crime one/slightly weird family one

legal scaling higher than 4U math this year?

I HOPE SO :p

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
It wasn't a hard test, but I just couldn't think straight at all. So overall, general questions but I was fairly blank minded for most of it.

matthewhearne

HSC
Multiple choice was ok but some tricky ones in there,
Sort answer human rights was easy,
Extended crime was basically what our trial was so pretty happy,
Consumers wasn't great i chose a),
Family heaps good i chose b)

Overall not too bad, hoping for a high band 5, low band 6. What do people think the cut off will be this year for a band 6?

juliastegner

HSC
Guys, with the crime question - BOS did a smart move. It also wanted to sift out those who prepeared essays for syllabus dot points - they were testing if you could put down the relevant stuff you've learnt - not just regurgitate everything about one area of CJS.

I reckon it was a good exam. Aiming for 90+, seeing as though for both of my trials (yes my school did 2) i got 91 for CSSA and 93 for independent.
But you could sort of like merge different parts of your essays together :L

meoww

HSC
I dunno about anyone else, but I didn't memorize the questions.

smik11

HSC
Multiple choice was the hardest part of the exam.

jimmy93

HSC
Well, Human Rights Q's and Family (b) and World Order (b) I actually began to smile while writing, because I was so happy with the questions. The Multiple Choice I think I got around
16-17/20; so thats not too bad considering some where like death; crime question: what the actual fuck. I left it until last and mixed juveniles in with sentencing and punishment, talking about 6 cases and media articles and about how the judicial system enforces the law which is in the best interests of the community, while stating at the same time, different sentences aim to provide rehabilitation and freedom, thus complying with the rights and freedoms of the individual.

I am hoping for a low to mid band 6; what do you think the cut off will be this year? last year it was 82 and the exam was pretty straight forward.

hobowoman

HSC
N/A
--- Family Essay sucked. I focused more on same sex couples and how the law won't allow marriage etc. Then I get some question about PARENTS. Great.
SAME. Exactly the same. I saw the two questions and I was like "OKAY I'M FUCKED"

JH26

HSC
i did consumer + shelter, both had fked questions + section 2 was retarded, i rage quit and walked out of the exam.
I did shelter and consumers as well and i thought both questions were really weird. I just kept writing, hopefully i did something right. I felt the specimen paper was completely different to this paper.

HSC
Uni Grad
Multiple choice = tricky, got around 16/20 for that one
short answer was good
crime essay was a little WTF but I tried to link young offenders and international crime as well.

the family essay was like WTF, in relation to breakdown of relationships? :(
I barely even studied divorce, nevertheless, did the first part instead.

world order essay was a little WTF as well, but managed to get through 6 pages.

so overall I reckon the HSC questions were harder than the trials, but I prepared adequately for the HSC as opposed to the trials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)