General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

zhuang281

HSC
Sometimes when people get too cocky for their own good, they reside on this site so there's no way somebody actually punches them in the face.

The wise owl always hides his talons.
What a timeless, pro statement ^^

HSC
Uni Grad
Did okay, probably going to get around mid 70s for this paper. I found out I made a few silly mistakes here. I forgot to consider the domain for cos^-1x, so I got that question wrong =_=

for 5 b) ii) I actually thought time couldn't be negative, so I left my t as -1.3 something. Thank god I will get at 2/3 for that question though

and I made a silly mistake on iv) got 7-sqrt41/4 or 8 by accident, not 17 =_=
but I had the idea.

How did everyone go with the circle geometry? I personally found the circle geo on this paper harder than the 4U one and so much work for so little marks.

and btw, for 7 a) iii), if i crossed out the fact that I had 7/8 V = pi/3(h^3 - l^3) and wrote nothing else, would I get a mark? coz my teacher said that if someone crossed something out and wrote nothing else, and if it were right, they could get a mark.. :O

aheyhey

HSC
Re: holy fucking shit i might as well just die now.

Yeah, don't die yet. Wait until you get your results back lol. Might not have done as badly as you thought.

rawrence

HSC
Did okay, probably going to get around mid 70s for this paper. I found out I made a few silly mistakes here. I forgot to consider the domain for cos^-1x, so I got that question wrong =_=

for 5 b) ii) I actually thought time couldn't be negative, so I left my t as -1.3 something. Thank god I will get at 2/3 for that question though

and I made a silly mistake on iv) got 7-sqrt41/4 or 8 by accident, not 17 =_=
but I had the idea.

How did everyone go with the circle geometry? I personally found the circle geo on this paper harder than the 4U one and so much work for so little marks.

and btw, for 7 a) iii), if i crossed out the fact that I had 7/8 V = pi/3(h^3 - l^3) and wrote nothing else, would I get a mark? coz my teacher said that if someone crossed something out and wrote nothing else, and if it were right, they could get a mark.. :O
Only if the marking guidelines gives a mark for that line.

meli0201

HSC

i don't think i can pass the exam, it's fucking hard!
when i was reading the questions they were quite alrite, but when i started doing them, IT'S SHIT!

Deep Blue

HSC
I just looked back on this paper and in hindsight it wasn't nearly as hard as I found it in the exam room.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Definitely something in those rooms. Same thing for me -.-
did you not hear that the BOS spray chemicals onto the test papers beforehand ? I tihnk it is this chemical that make us not think clear that why we feel dumber when we doing the test

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, a lot of working out was required. I even had to skip a few steps like I did in my 4U exam JUST to finish the question.

imo this year's paper isn't a very good paper. I reckon last year's was better.

hobowoman

HSC
N/A

Lol I was still on Q6 with 10 minutes left... that was so fucking hard

abc123yoyo

HSC

i don't think i can pass the exam, it's fucking hard!
when i was reading the questions they were quite alrite, but when i started doing them, IT'S SHIT!
+10000

deceptionex

HSC

I really hated how the BOS were extra stingy and made us do extra work for the 1 markers in Q4 onwards.

aheyhey

HSC

haha sucks to be you. It actually turned out that apart from Q1-Q3 , Q6 and Q7 were the easiest marks in the whole paper.
Did you just come on here to jeer at people?

deceptionex

HSC

No way, that last Binomial Identity question (3 marks) was rapage. The only way I had in mind to do it was by Induction, and I had no time.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad

It's the same guy who keeps on going on about free help lol, but he made 2 accounts and got banned twice

aheyhey

HSC

No way, that last Binomial Identity question (3 marks) was rapage. The only way I had in mind to do it was by Induction, and I had no time.
Tell me someone who worked that one out in the time limit. I swear I'll worship them lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)