General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
i think the start was harder but end was easier. i feel like the e4 might be a little lower, but the top end will be "sandwiched" together because last q was fairly simple
hmm agreed.

I felt like I had a dodgy start, didn't get a rhythm I usually get at the beginning of exams, but as I got to Q13, 14 and 15, it felt much much smoother and it felt like I was more in the zone.

EpaX

HSC
Uni Grad
one for getting the height and other dimensions
one for getting correct area/volume expression
one for getting the correct integral with correct limits
one for evaluating the integral correctly i.e. correct answer
Do you reckon you can get the mark for the height if you just simply subbed in h = sqrt(y^2 - (y^2)/4) without drawing a diagram or labeling how you deduced the value of h?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally the test was a lot easier than past papers. Q16 was easier than previous years. Q15 looked challenging but when looking back it is alright.
Q11 was harder than most years.

Most years the paper got progressively harder. This year, it was almost consistent in difficulty, except obviously the end was still a bit harder than the beginning.

Last edited:

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
just realised i also found theta for when fi was a minimum rather than maximum, gg lost 2 marks that puts me on 95 tears are flowing

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
How did you do aDimitri?

And does anyone have a copy of the paper to make it easier to discuss?
well i WAS happy but i just found another 3 marks lost from silly errors. i'm sitting on i think about 95 now. lost 2 in MC, accidentally found the minimum value of fi instead of maximum, and made 1 silly mistake in q11 integral (somehow got - the answer)

GOsie

HSC
well i WAS happy but i just found another 3 marks lost from silly errors. i'm sitting on i think about 95 now. lost 2 in MC, accidentally found the minimum value of fi instead of maximum, and made 1 silly mistake in q11 integral (somehow got - the answer)
OMG same! did you also put theta = 0 or 180?

QZP

HSC
Dw... not as bad as not seeing 5 fucking marks worth of questions (in Q12 + 13). I don't understand myself anymore T_T I would be sitting comfortably in my HSC mark aim but not anymore lol

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
last question came out too easy for a last q tbh. had to do it twice to make sure i wasnt dreaming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)