General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
wth srs? one of the easiest papers. i thought the conversion of 120 to 100 marks would mean that some of the 3 marks would go to 2 and some of the 2 marks would go to 1. but it didnt

they just made it way easier for us by introducing multiple choice.

i dont get whats so hard about 16. its just some basic applications of algebra and then anothr application of the delta value and your done!

easiest shit i've done in my life. this aint nothing compared to last years or a couple years ago.
State rank?

sebel

HSC
i dont get whats so hard about 16. its just some basic applications of algebra and then anothr application of the delta value and your done!

easiest shit i've done in my life. this aint nothing compared to last years or a couple years ago.
basic algebra...? um really?

....ignorance.

Chompuwadee

HSC
hahahahaha I feel you =.='
although the paper wasn't as hard as last year's I must say. Sigh, still.

lgnorance

HSC
basic algebra...? um really?

....ignorance.
deadsrs. the algebra is pretty much just rearranging and subbing into shit. whats so hard? this is nothing if you've done the ruse papers.

sebel

HSC
i know. actually, if you say it's basic algebra....youre basically saying the whole paper is based on basic algebra.

but it's not, youve got to understand and interpret the meaning of the question, how to approach it and what theorems to use. you don't just sub shit and stuff. that's not maths. or the maths i know of.

funny how youre using RUSE as a "smart" defence.

lgnorance

HSC
i know. actually, if you say it's basic algebra....youre basically saying the whole paper is based on basic algebra.

but it's not, youve got to understand and interpret the meaning of the question, how to approach it and what theorems to use. you don't just sub shit and stuff. that's not maths. or the maths i know of.

funny how youre using RUSE as a "smart" defence.
wth understand and interpret the question? thats nufin in 2u. they spell it out to you in 2u.

e.g. FIND THE TANGENT
keyword = tangent = need to find dy/dx and sub points in

thats bloody obvious - you just gotta pick keywords and solve it. what theorems to use, maybe some of the tricky geometry questions thats about it but yes, the whole paper IS based on basic algebra : that's why is 2u. if you were doing something that required intense applications of maths questions where you really have to understand wth they asking for then you'd be doing 4u.

and yes, you do sub shit in and stuff. you only lose marks cause of 1. you didnt read the question and 2. you make silly mistakes ; if it werent for these 2 everyone would be getting 100%.

not saying ruse is smart - its just that they require a stronger understnding of the course to solve the problems they give and get the higher maarks. the kids at ruse aren't that smart anyway - they just brute force and smash through the problems without any intuitjve thinking. with the exception of few that do things like IMO ofc - they are 'smart'.

sebel

HSC
oh wooooww...step back dudee ...

i did not mean just for 2u...........i meant for all types of maths.

Uni maths, statistics everything.

No matter which unit you do, general, 2u,3u,4u requires it. BUt if you think 4u is just so high and mighty, then you havent learnt maths in uni. completely different.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
It is wasn't hard.

The papers just easier every year. Fire the people that make these joke maths papers.

If I was doing the HSC this year, I could have finished that paper in less than 30 minutes.
English must be hard for you...

HSC
my preparation for math exam

last week i had eng 1/2 and bio where i constantly stayed up till morning then saturday and sunday i was going to study but then ended up sleeping for the whole day cuz i was so exhausted except sunday i woke up at around 8pm and started doing 2 papers.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Question 16 had its moments, but otherwise it was quite an easy exam. Hoping for 96+ raw.

ghruei

HSC
hi guys i was wondering if anyone has the paper with them. my school doesn't let us take the papers out and my tutor wanted to have a look. would anyone be able to email it to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)