General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

sodam

HSC
pretty decent exam, questions were nice and straightforward
exceppt i managed to analyse sources d and e instead of souces c and d
how many potential marks could i have lost there? :(

Stretch21

HSC
pretty decent exam, questions were nice and straightforward
exceppt i managed to analyse sources d and e instead of souces c and d
how many potential marks could i have lost there? :(
I honestly wouldn't be worrying too much about it, it's not (very very very unlikely) going to change what band you would have/will get.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Do markers make a big deal if you write with a blue pen cos black pen is preferred? Midway through my last essay my pen ran out, had only one backup pen which was blue and didnt have time to ask markers cos it would take them 2 minutes to come to my seat and ill lose time, so i just got my blue pen and used it. Do they really care what colour it is? My last essay is half black half blue :)
As a marker I can say it won't make the slightest bit of difference - so long as it is legible.

Lis020393

HSC
As a marker I can say it won't make the slightest bit of difference - so long as it is legible.
As a marker do you usually take off the whole 6 marks in a 6 marker question when a student misreads which sources to refer to or do you give 1 mark for using own knowledge?

WorryWartCob

HSC
source based questions were absoloutely effed . what wer the board of studies ppl thinking? they had nothing to do with breaqking the stalemate!
i know...i think they saw the independent / cssa trial
and changed it frantically.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a marker do you usually take off the whole 6 marks in a 6 marker question when a student misreads which sources to refer to or do you give 1 mark for using own knowledge?

If the question required only sources then yes you would lose the 6 marks but if it required sources and own knowledge then you would get credit for the own knowledge shown.

studier1

HSC
1. ww1- tricky but 3 last minute multiple choice changes ensures a 25/25
2. Trotsky- part a unexpected but managed to circumnavigate & part b pretty generic to ensure a 23/25
3. Russia- generic as fuck & ridiculous quotes sees a 25/25
4. Indochina- again ... part b was very generous and incorporated most of the topic as well as Pol Pot to ensure a solid 23/25
you go to my school.

You can't be serious about those marks unless you are one of scals' prodigies

i'm predicting you are big v or the rager.

Nice username haha

/keyboardwarrior.

Memi

HSC
N/A
Feeling very unnerved about WW1 section :S I was surprised that everyone in my class opted for the Treaty of Versailles question as I thought the consolidation would be pretty popular.

DemiClorissa

HSC
the photo wasn't even at Ypres ... it was at some training base somewhere ... but for the purpose of the question is had to be newly built trenches
yuuuuuh, the little thingy underneath was "brit. soldiers in the trenches AT YPRES"

fakermaker

HSC
Can anyone who took the exam home please scan and upload it?

Specifically ww1

D94

HSC
N/A
Can anyone who took the exam home please scan and upload it?

Specifically ww1
We only have the source book and the questions for the essays, so not sure if that helps for WW1. Don't have a scanner though :/

premiumcbc

HSC
Section one was section one. Gross.
I expected Cold War to be about that but it didn't help me much. I sucked at the Cold War.
Did the one of Disarmament and the ending, was pretty average response
What was your essay structure?

sachindhingra

HSC
fuarkkk i thought the aeroplane multiple choice was the quote, i.e. 'baptism of fire' because i thought the immobility of the other things pertained to the tank so i didnt put that. i thought aeroplanes were effective in replace reconnaisence of the cavalry when they were given mobile photographers etc? thoughts>?

also for consequences of direct us involvement (vietnam) i didn't mention much about impact of war on civlians? i talked about direct involvement, us strategics and tactics such as operations and s&D, communist strategies and tactics, TET, spread of war to cambodia, anti-war hystria and deterioration of us home front, vietnamisation and triangulation, and south vietnamese government failure.

is that enough without much of impact of war on civilians?

also personlaity for three significant events of trotsky one of mine was his erly life til 1902, in detail. does that count as an 'event'??? mind ucked

Exotic

HSC
Yeah seriously what did everyone choose about the tanks and aeroplanes question?

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
also personlaity for three significant events of trotsky one of mine was his erly life til 1902, in detail. does that count as an 'event'??? mind ucked
Dunno, sounds like a time period to me. Lots of different events. Events = Coup D'Etat, Civil War, Power Struggle

Yeah seriously what did everyone choose about the tanks and aeroplanes question?
Well, when cavalry was used for reconnaissance, they would've encountered similar obstacles to their mobility as the troops did, barbed wire etc. With planes, those obstacles are obsolete? So I did the one on mobility.

HKK

HSC
This exam wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as I studied the least for history. For Albert Speer's events I did
his education; when he joined the Nazi Party and Minister for Armaments :S Was this a shit choice? I would have done Nuremburg
but I really needed to go to the toilet and just wrote whatever came to mind first.... :/

HKK

HSC
Also, I did the Weimar option. How many marks will I lose for leaving out how proportional representation was a flaw in it impacting the Weimar?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Also, I did the Weimar option. How many marks will I lose for leaving out how proportional representation was a flaw in it impacting the Weimar?

That will depend on how well you answered the entire question.

There isn't a checklist of mandatory content that has to be mentioned to get full marks. One student could do a content heavy essay and cover everything and the next student do less actual content but do it really well with lots of interpretation and still get full marks.

The markers will be given a list of possible content but that isn't mandatory nor will it be exclusive. It will come down to your argument and how well the rest of your essay it put together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)