General Thoughts: PDHPE (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here

AnnetteMelissa

HSC
I thought it was a really decent paper, nothing too out of the box. There were a few challenging questions, but once I got my head around them I found them to be ok!

In other news, I'm finished HSC forevs!

kalibali

HSC
real poor choice of questions this year, but overall good exam.

dean94

HSC
EASIEST EXAM SO FAR! I freaked out for nothing ... Though, that last graph in the multiple choice stole 5 extra minutes from me -___-"

biglongy

HSC
I agree. I knew it all just didnt know how or what they expected in the answers esepcially the objective subjective criteria one. Easy exam just poor a poor question here or there

VicariousLife

HSC
I thought it was really hard. But then again I only studied this morning..
Haha
How much did you guys write?
For the Breast and Lung Cancer question i filled the lines and wrote and extra page in a booklet ;l
And also for the Ottawa Charter and Social Justice Principles I filled the lines and wrote another 3 pages (So 4 pages)
Everything else i filled out all the lines
But for my options I struggled with the 12 markers and could only just manage 3 pages of babble... Ahh
I'd be happy with 65/100 in that... Genuinely ;/
Haha. Oh well.

VicariousLife

HSC
How did you answer the subject and objective one?!
I did like, in order too fully assess and athletes performance both are needed; e.g AFL player; Objective: Amount of goals kicked, Subjective: Technique in kicking of the goal, Objective; Disposals, Subjective: Efficiency of disposals.
I really had no idea;l Haha.

E

Effekt

I thought it was really hard. But then again I only studied this morning..
Haha
How much did you guys write?
For the Breast and Lung Cancer question i filled the lines and wrote and extra page in a booklet ;l
And also for the Ottawa Charter and Social Justice Principles I filled the lines and wrote another 3 pages (So 4 pages)
Everything else i filled out all the lines
But for my options I struggled with the 12 markers and could only just manage 3 pages of babble... Ahh
I'd be happy with 65/100 in that... Genuinely ;/
Haha. Oh well.
That is way too extreme a 12 marker you're only expected to write 3.5 pages and for a what 8 marker or something you wrote 4 pages? time wasted.

If you knew your syllabus it was quite easy the only question i hated was the one on objective and subjective to improve performance i knew what they were just hard to write on paper. Oh and and on the option (sports med) i forgot what the 'APS' was in TOTAPS so i just made it up, meh i should still get marks. Did anyone else write DRABCD BEFORE TOTAPS? Cause my textbook said you should do DRABCD before TOTAPS so i wrote that.

kalibali

HSC
soooo agree, the 12 markers were just too specific and a minimal part of the options

dannielle_93

HSC
That is way too extreme a 12 marker you're only expected to write 3.5 pages and for a what 8 marker or something you wrote 4 pages? time wasted.

If you knew your syllabus it was quite easy the only question i hated was the one on objective and subjective to improve performance i knew what they were just hard to write on paper. Oh and and on the option (sports med) i forgot what the 'APS' was in TOTAPS so i just made it up, meh i should still get marks. Did anyone else write DRABCD BEFORE TOTAPS? Cause my textbook said you should do DRABCD before TOTAPS so i wrote that.
I just did totaps because it was a 5 marker so they would just expect that :)

coralie1994

HSC
DR ABCD - used when injured athlete is unconscious
TOTAPS - used when athlete is conscious

I had it in my notes as well but I only mentioned totaps cause we never went through it in class, my teacher always talked about totaps not drabcd cause that was part of the preliminary syllabus... but I guess yours could be right too :)

VicariousLife

HSC

My year is sooo competitve and most people wrote a minimum of 6 pages for the 12 markers.. I came out and was like woahh.
Haha, i didn't run out of time, so i didn't waste any time.. I just applied everything i knew, where I could because I knew I wasn't going to go that well in the options.. Haha.
But then again we got given sample responses for band 6 ranges, and for the 8 markers they were all around 3 pages;/?

kalibali

HSC
yeah i did, if you were assessing an unconcious person than you use Drabcd but i didnt go in detail it was just a paragraph amongst the answer

gaugau1

HSC
aps standsfor active movement , passive movement and skills test

omg one of the easiest exams ever !!!!!!!

Last edited:

kalibali

HSC
I had sports medicine also, and sport and physical activity in australia, that option was soo specific, whereas sports med 12 marker was merely based on climate, thought it would cover a larger extent of the option.

michaeljennings

HSC
I found this exam to be pretty hard =/

Are you guys expecting any state ranks considering how easy you guys all seemed to have found it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)