General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts on the science exam here.

GL1001

HSC
really easy. I totally forgot the word "Indicator" for one of the writing questions, lost one mark there :(

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Not quite what I was expecting, there was a lack of questions on the periodic table and experimental procedure. Hoping I did alright, I liked the last question, yay essay writing. A fair exam.

bR3ndaa

HSC
N/A
i had no idea what to do on the flowchart shit? about natural selection....

salih08

HSC
very easy. aiming for 95+

what was the magma movement under the earths crust???
i thought its convection currents but it wouldnt fit so i just put current ??

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
frig, frig, friggity frig...
went pretty mediochre in that- especially compared to what i can do..
but i guess i went alright

the magma/lava question was convection, right?

and what was Z on the diagram of a vagina? i wasnt sure if it was pointing inside or to the lining >_<

muzeikchun852

HSC
General Thought on SCIENCE!

personally, i think it was easy. no graph. no experiment!<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Current won't suffice because there are many types of currents. You should've just put "Convection," which was what I did. Though I'm not sure whether Convection Currents was the right answer ^_^"

Overall, it was pretty easy. I'm aiming for 95+ as well :D

codeberry

HSC
It was easy. Really easy.

It was so amusing when one of the supervisors from Board of Studies' phone went off during our exam. They keep on telling us that phones going off will have serious consequences. Does that include their own phones?

I hated the waiting bit. I finished early with about an hour left -- checked all papers and added stuff, made sure all the response questions are full and covered all the points I think would give me marks and I still had 50 mins to spare. It was so boring and I couldn't sleep through it either.

It's a good thing I didn't stress about it I guess. Would've been a waste of time.

zxreth

HSC
what did everyone get for the question on "what property of light is occuring at b" in the short response section??? i put T.I.R. = total internal reflection :S

Nicko11

HSC
Z was the uterus, but you could have added stuff about the uterine wall like i did! :eek:

codeberry

HSC
I put Z as the uterus.

As for the property of light occuring at b in the short response, I just put reflection. I think that's all they needed to know anyway. :S

FTW

HSC
frig, frig, friggity frig...
went pretty mediochre in that- especially compared to what i can do..
but i guess i went alright

the magma/lava question was convection, right?

and what was Z on the diagram of a vagina? i wasnt sure if it was pointing inside or to the lining >_<
Rofl!! The exact same thing happened to me, I put uterus wall lining?

Current won't suffice because there are many types of currents. You should've just put "Convection," which was what I did. Though I'm not sure whether Convection Currents was the right answer ^_^"
Sweet thats what I wrote, that was the only one I found kind of difficult

what did everyone get for the question on "what property of light is occuring at b" in the short response section??? i put T.I.R. = total internal reflection :S
I just put reflection it was simpler and I don't think that they were expecting you to answer in such detail as to put TIR. But you might get it right, if the computer that marks it isn't dumb...

Overal I was very pleased and I found it quite easy.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Btw, in case anyone gets confused, the uterus and the womb are the exact same thing. "Uterus" is just the Latin name of saying "womb".

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
what was the frequency for the solar cell thingy?
was it visible light or uv?

occer

HSC
N/A
FUCK YES I got Convection, Reflection and Indicator.

Z was the womb.
Bullseye, although I bullshitted most of my definitions for things I had not studied before the half yearlies.

It was easy. Really easy.
I hated the waiting bit. I finished early with about an hour left -- checked all papers and added stuff, made sure all the response questions are full and covered all the points I think would give me marks and I still had 50 mins to spare. It was so boring and I couldn't sleep through it either.
Bah they told us we couldn't go early but changed their minds mid exam and 3/4 of the people left. I left about 20 minutes early as I couldn't be bothered checking.

what was the frequency for the solar cell thingy?
was it visible light or uv?
Mmm I had no idea so I thought it was UV, visible and IR...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)